Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 3,072

-Green-

Of course you can’t please everyone. That’s to be expected. People are varied and have different reasons and expectations. Don’t group up people’s views so easily and simply.

Of course some people may hate on something because it’s popular or because they were told to, but there are other people out who do have legitimate concerns, issues and/or gripes.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Heavyarms55

With almost any other game, when people have legitimate dislikes or concerns with a game, they move on. There's an abundance out there to choose from, new and old. But with Pokemon, when there is something they don't like, they stick around to continue repeating their complaints and reveling in bashing on a popular franchise - usually while calling themselves concerned fans. Concerned fans who have seen a couple trailers and never even played the game and aren't even willing to give it a chance before labeling it terrible and Game Freak "lazy and incompetent". It's like children who say they don't like a certain meal when all they have done is see it on the plate and haven't even tasted or smelled it yet.

But hey, if they can bash nonstop on the game, I have every right to openly and strongly disagree. And I'll give them this, if the games come out, and are bad, they'll have every right to say "I told ya so!" But that strikes me as highly unlikely.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

-Green-

That’s not entirely true. This is such an easy position to take since it’s mostly common sense, but that just simplifies the perspective into an us vs them mentality. Into simple groups rather than a multitude of different views and categories.

Whether it be in shows, literature, or video games. You’ll see people who do that. They’ll stick around and voice their opinions. Some stay around because they like the series but have complaints, and on the other side you’ll find people who are in it for petty silly reasons. You’re free to ignore them or criticize them

Gravitron

I think a lot of the hate is carry-over disappointment from Let's Go. Which is completely unfair. I wasn't wowed by Let's Go but I came into it knowing what to expect and you cant say you know what to expect with Sword and Shield

Gravitron

Heavyarms55

I do think its a fair point that some of the lingering resentment comes from Let's Go. A lot of people were upset that that game was so simplified and dumbed down to be as easy as possible that anything being cut or simplified in the main series entry probably reminds them of that experience.

I wasn't wowed by Let's Go either, but I think it accomplished what it set out to do. To make a game that bridges between the super casual Pokemon Go crowd who don't play any other games, and to make a game for very very young children. And I did get some fun out of it, hunting shiny Pokemon a bit - Pokemon I am glad I can transfer via Pokemon Home to Sw/Sh later on.

Eel

Go could be made harder by not using the systems that make it easier.

The trainers are considerably smarter and the levels are higher than in the game boy games.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gravitron

I think they could fix the difficulty problem by simply adding difficulty settings that would raise Pokemon levels a certain percentage. And give them better moves. They do it in fan games I don't think it's too much to ask. This is one of the only ways I can think of doing it without alienating kids or skilled gamers.

Gravitron

Heavyarms55

@StableInvadeel That's absolutely true, and something I did. But a decent number of people seem to dislike doing that. I don't really understand the "I want the game to be hard but am unwilling to change anything about the game myself" attitude.

@Gravitron I agree. I think difficulty levels would be a great change to make. But I fear that it will just bring about another wave of complaints - I have seen a lot of people arguing that games should not have difficulty levels at all in the last year or so. They seem to think all games should have one level and having the option to turn the difficulty up or down is, for some reason, bad. Another attitude I do not understand.

Anti-Matter

GameFreaks still carefully to not put any spoilers of Starter Evolution before the time.
So curious what will they look like....

Anti-Matter

Gravitron

@Anti-Matter I really like that they haven't showed anything. I would love to be genuinely surprised when I play the game for the first time.

Gravitron

kkslider5552000

It would be mildly hilarious if this is the best Pokemon game in ages after like 4 months of consistently stupid PR and marketing.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Gravitron

@kkslider5552000 I have extremely high expectations for this one. They did take quite a while on it so I'm very optimistic.

Gravitron

Justifier

@Snaplocket
And it wasn't bad game.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Justifier

@Snaplocket
True, but it was pokemon game. Last time when pokemon game was better than "not bad" was gen 5. I love pokemon, but they're just not very good games. Not very good graphics, performance, story, things that make games. I mean, gamefreak is not very good making games, writing stories, all that.

Still will buy this, and play it to death.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

link3710

Thank freaking goodness the tutorials are cut back
They were insufferable for the last two gens, especially SuMo.

link3710

-Green-

XYs tutorials weren’t that bad iirc. SM/USUM were just made disgustingly bad in that area because of the forced and unskippable cutscenes and the mandatory school segment

link3710

@-Green- Oh yeah, XY and ORAS were slow to start but quite bareable. SuMo is when they completely shot themselves in the foot, which is weird considering you'd assume more people would be new for XY than SuMo on the same system.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Eel

They were probably just trying to be like yokai watch and be more about the story.

You even had your very own sassy ghost sidekick.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic