Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX launching this year with an NX Zelda?

Posts 201 to 220 of 220

rallydefault

@UGXwolf: Well, if you're going to believe @shaneoh, I really don't know what else to say to you lol

Why don't you look at things for yourself and decide?

rallydefault

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: I'm talking 18 month hype cycle from reveal to release. NX hasn't been revealed yet.

Edit: They really need to get on that soon though.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

@haigh1011: It's got nothing to do with "deserving" any amount of time. It's got to do with what you're telling your fans when you cut the system off. You're telling them that their money wasn't worth the five years most people expect to get out of a system. As for versions, for the most part, the only differences were cosmetic or memory space. Even then, most of the Nintendo systems had one iterations. This is all a moot point, though, as reiterating a system does very little to revitalize sales. At best it can be used to make a cheaper bundle and lower the paywall.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shaneoh

rallydefault wrote:

@UGXwolf: Well, if you're going to believe @shaneoh, I really don't know what else to say to you lol

Why don't you look at things for yourself and decide?

Could swear you were trying to bait me. But what can I say? I can't help it if my argument is apparently more convincing.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

UGXwolf

IceClimbers wrote:

@Grumblevolcano: I'm talking 18 month hype cycle from reveal to release. NX hasn't been revealed yet.

Edit: They really need to get on that soon though.

If people seriously can't stay hyped for a new system for more than 18 months, maybe we should take a step back and look at the real problem: the gamers. If gamers these days can't contain their hype even that long, I don't wanna see the rest of the path this is going to tread. Shorter and shorter hype cycles, people getting bored of new gaming systems quicker and quicker, games being released just weeks after their announcement. (I'm being intentionally ridiculous, don't take it too seriously.) But really, 18 months is the standard hype cycle. That can't be "too long." That just doesn't make any sense.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

skywake

rallydefault wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@WebHead: Sounds to me like "I've decided on my own that this is the way it's going to be, so that's what I'm going with."

To be fair, you're pretty much doing the same thing, man.

There are two sides to this debate:
1. We don't know what NX is
2. NX is a home console launching in November 2016 with Zelda U. The Wii U is getting no new games this year and the 3DS has a few more years in it yet.

.... It's not quite the same

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Therad

18 months between reveal and launch? Are we living in 2006? Quite frankly, the world is moving much much faster now. I mean, if they were to reveal it now and we have to wait unil fall 2017, then we will see 1-2 new high-end smartphones from each of the major manufacturers. Neither MS or Sony had that long of a reveal cycle. It isn't like they can fill 18 months of meaningful content.

Therad

iKhan

Therad wrote:

18 months between reveal and launch? Are we living in 2006? Quite frankly, the world is moving much much faster now. I mean, if they were to reveal it now and we have to wait unil fall 2017, then we will see 1-2 new high-end smartphones from each of the major manufacturers. Neither MS or Sony had that long of a reveal cycle. It isn't like they can fill 18 months of meaningful content.

The point of waiting 18 months isn't to let the information travel. It's to build up hype over a longer length of time, and prepare the industry for a big change.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

skywake

Also you have a longer build up so you can get developers working on content. Mostly because having developers work on content means that details will be leaked. You don't want the big reveal spoiled by leaks.

Therad

@iKhan: And that is my point. You don't build hype by being silent for most of the time. We have already people on this very forum that already feels fatigued by the wait.

@Skywake: that can be mitigated by either have it use commonly used engines (unreal, unity), reusing engines and APIs from last gen (i.e having the same online infrastructure) or only giving out dev-kits to bigger studios.

And haven't we learned yet that leaks and rumours are worthless nowadays? There are so many attention seekers out there, that it is practically impossible to find the truth. Just look at the SMD leaks, they don't seem credible at all, they are either vague, or likely. And even when he was wrong it gets twisted to be truth.

See the pokemon leak for example. He guesses that there will be a collection/remaster of pokemon during their 20th anniversary. He didn't leak that it would be a new main series, but he has still been seen as a reliable source by many. If this is a reliable source, how reliable are all the other reliable sources?

Therad

iKhan

Therad wrote:

@iKhan: And that is my point. You don't build hype by being silent for most of the time. We have already people on this very forum that already feels fatigued by the wait.

Well, once it's officially announced, I expect they will periodically give information.

If Nintendo does what they did with Zelda U and just pretend it doesn't exist for a full year, then yes, it's a big problem.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

rallydefault

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@WebHead: Sounds to me like "I've decided on my own that this is the way it's going to be, so that's what I'm going with."

To be fair, you're pretty much doing the same thing, man.

There are two sides to this debate:
1. We don't know what NX is
2. NX is a home console launching in November 2016 with Zelda U. The Wii U is getting no new games this year and the 3DS has a few more years in it yet.

.... It's not quite the same

Yea, but it is the same, man. It still just boils down to two packs of dogs barking at one another, each pack utterly convinced it is the correct one.

You can make the argument that even your side, the "We don't know what NX is," is just unwilling to put any faith in the leaks that we are getting.

There is knowledge out there. Some of you just don't want to put any credit to it, as if your life depends on it or something lol. Relax. Have some fun. Some of these leakers, as we're seeing, actually do have insider information and know what they are talking about. You just have to use your knowledge and intuition to decide what you're going to believe.

Not my problem if you and some others are strangely hesitant to use the information right in front of you.

Edit: Oh, and just a quick aside for everyone. I was out of the loop for a few days, so I'm not sure if this came up: Are we just brushing under the rug that the MetalDave rumors WERE verified by the NEOGAF moderators? A group that includes journalists and industry insiders?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

skywake

It's worth remembering what was allegedly said. From memory SMD's source revealed:

1. a list of games which were largely already confirmed
2. a new Pokemon game (oh wow, another Pokemon game? You don't say!)
3. three codenames, two for 3DS and one for Wii U. No details.
4. that the NX is launching with a Zelda game

That was it in its entirety. All of the rest was speculation regardless of whether you trust the source or not. And frankly given there wasn't anything specifically mentioning Star Fox Guard and Paper Mario Color Splash? I don't see much reason to believe even that.

Edited on by skywake

rallydefault

@NewAdvent: Yea, of course. Uhm... not much else to say lol

But if we're not going to discuss rumors at all, well... we don't even need an NX board at this point. So.... yea.

rallydefault

skywake

rallydefault wrote:

@NewAdvent: Yea, of course. Uhm... not much else to say lol

But if we're not going to discuss rumors at all, well... we don't even need an NX board at this point. So.... yea.

I'm fine with discussing rumors and speculation. It's the assumption that everything you read online is gospel that I'm not sold on.

Just because not all of us believe some rumors without question doesn't mean we're not open to discuss. Remember the wsj posts? Have we discounted those now? Do we now think any other theories are wrong just because they don't align with the idea that the Wii U is being dropped asap while the 3DS lives forever?

Edited on by skywake

Paulthevgnerd

skywake wrote:

It's worth remembering what was allegedly said. From memory SMD's source revealed:

1. a list of games which were largely already confirmed
2. a new Pokemon game (oh wow, another Pokemon game? You don't say!)
3. three codenames, two for 3DS and one for Wii U. No details.
4. that the NX is launching with a Zelda game

That was it in its entirety. All of the rest was speculation regardless of whether you trust the source or not. And frankly given there wasn't anything specifically mentioning Star Fox Guard and Paper Mario Color Splash? I don't see much reason to believe even that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188554

Note: 'Niji' was found in the source code of Sun and Moon press release logos. It was changed later that day.

Edited on by Paulthevgnerd

Paulthevgnerd

rallydefault

@skywake: No, I actually have no idea what you're talking about lol

I'm actually VERY skeptical of rumors, but I do not hesitant to defend the ones that I've researched and looked into extensively and found rather probable. So don't crucify me for that.

I hate this tit-for-tat, back-and-forth argument of people accusing one another of being close-minded. YOU'RE ACCUSING EACHOTHER OF THE VERY THING YOU ARE GUILTY OF DOING. There is NOBODY on this board saying something like: This is what is going to happen, and if you think otherwise, you are wrong.

The only person that did this was me to that one dude, and I'm allowed because I'm super cool and can see into the future.

rallydefault

DefHalan

rallydefault wrote:

There is NOBODY on this board saying something like: This is what is going to happen, and if you think otherwise, you are wrong.

The only person that did this was me to that one dude, and I'm allowed because I'm super cool and can see into the future.

Just stop

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rallydefault

@DefHalan: lol yay you're here! Ok, I'll stop. But only because you can't accept the Xbox One is not backwards compatible.

rallydefault

DefHalan

@rallydefault: It seems like you are trying to get into arguments with everyone.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.