Forums

Topic: Nintendo labo kit 4: VR

Posts 101 to 120 of 146

HobbitGamer

@RR529 Thanks, it helps to know what I should look for 😂 I’ll give it a try tomorrow. I’m spent on VR tonight after I worked some more on my spaceship game.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RR529

BTW, I did get my own LABO VR kit in the mail as well today, but I won't get a chance to mess with it until tomorrow (I was hoping to use Google Cardboard as a test build since it's less complex than the LABO headset, but it arrived already constructed, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

@AlohaPizzaJack
Btw, what do you think about playing LABO VR without head strap ?
Does it feel comfortable ?

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter I’ve played with and without a strap. Oddly enough, I don’t mind playing without one. I’ll have to see just how much I like playing VR Zelda, but so far I’m actually preferring no strap. I like being able to quickly see the real world, I get antsy or agitated if I can’t. Dunno why.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RR529

I built my headset this morning. Took me about an hour because I wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up, but everything turned out good & it was actually pretty fun.

Decently impressed as a PSVR owner so far. The lower resolution is noticeable, but the simple art direction works well within it's limitations (and I'd assume the lack of external headtracking diminishes the threat of motion sickness, which I haven't experienced). I've only played a couple minigames in the VR playground area though.

And yes, I can confirm that VR/3D videos on YouTube do work, sort of. If the video is set to side by side format by default it will have depth, however as Google doesn't officially support it you can't use the system's gyro to look around in 360°, and if the video isn't set to side by side format by default there's no way to switch it like there is on your phone. This is easily something they could patch in via an update though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Taya

Last week after trying out the goggles, the camera, and the elephant and watching the VR videos, I was feeling a little queasy. I made the bird toy-con this evening and tried out the bird island game and didn’t feel sickly afterward but I didn’t overdo it. Tomorrow I’m going to make the blaster.

I’m curious about the game garage or whatever it’s called. I wonder f I’ll be able to make anything interesting with that.

Taya

RR529

Took me awhile but I got my blaster built. Once my Switch is charged up I'll give it a go.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HobbitGamer

I just built the wind pedal for my last piece. I played the bird game on the porch outside earlier. That was neat, because it’s very windy today and the real birds were chirping while I played in my patio swivel chair. 😂

#MudStrongs

stolari

Hi all,

My nephew stood on the blaster and now the trigger only works 50% of the time - anybody got any quick fix or is it pulling it apart and rebuilding (I hope not!)

Cheers

stolari

Anti-Matter

@AlohaPizzaJack
Have you tried VR plaza ?
I saw from the trailer there was a vehicle from LABO 03 appeared on VR plaza.
Could it be VR plaza has something related with previous LABO ?

Anti-Matter

Taya

stolari wrote:

Hi all,

My nephew stood on the blaster and now the trigger only works 50% of the time - anybody got any quick fix or is it pulling it apart and rebuilding (I hope not!)

Cheers

There's a section in the Labo VR tutorials about repairs, but most likely you will need to take it apart. Depending on what's damaged, you may not have to start the whole thing over but you may need to replace or reinforce the pieces that were bent.

Taya

RR529

Finished up the main blaster mode last night, and have to say I was surprisingly impressed with it, especially the bosses. If only it was longer. Also tried out the VR Plaza blaster games, and was surprised to find out that, aside from one, they were more like actual little minigames rather than proof of concept like most of the goggles only games. "Blaster Bowling" in particular was really fun, "Blaster Tower" was like a harder version of the type of levels in it's main game, and even "Blaster Sniping" had some promise, even if it was a bit rougher. I'd love to see them expanded into larger experiences.

Also finished off watching the videos. Some of them were cool/cute, but I doubt I'll be going back to them.

@Anti-Matter, I've played the VR Plaza games with the car, and it has nothing to do with the vehicle kit other than that they reused the asset.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Yeah, what @RR259 said.
However, you technically could get the other kits’ toycons to work if you began editing the VR Plaza games. But you’d have to rework all the input nodes.

#MudStrongs

stolari

@Taya

Cheers, managed to get it working - a bit of a Frankenstein blaster now though!

stolari

Trajan

I got my headstrap for it from the etsy link posted earlier here. I guess I have a big head, but it doesn't really fit well. It stays on my head, but it's no Oculus.

Should be fine for BOTW which I imagine is merely a normal screen but viewed through VR, similar to Dolphin VR.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

TheDonutGamer

does anybody know when the botw and mario odyssey vr updates come out?

TheDonutGamer

HobbitGamer

@TheDonutGamer No clue. Been looking everywhere on little breaks, haha. Nintendo themselves said (and still list) April 25.

#MudStrongs

Grumblevolcano

@TheDonutGamer Well the UK version of the trailer says April 26 so probably in around 6 hours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

I was ready. I thought today.
I was wrong 😢

Untitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

Well that's odd. UK and US trailers and sites have different dates. Argggg

#MudStrongs

Sorry, this topic has been locked.