Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct 3/8/18 Predictions and Hopes!

Posts 81 to 100 of 208

bluemage1989

I know it will never happen but wouldn't Wave Race be something oh man would it.

bluemage1989

Deku-Scrub

I got my bets placed on about 5-8 minutes being spent on Mario Tennis Aces of the ~30 minute run-time of the direct, I know many of us would prefer it getting a smaller block of time, but considering this is the one game Nintendo made sure to mention in their tweet, I highly doubt it won't get a good bit of the video compared to other games.

I'm thinking FE Switch will get announced, seems pretty safe considering the announcement for it last year and no details being shared since on it, and supposedly it is supposed to be a 2018 title too so this is it's time to be revealed for sure.

In terms of other stuff, we're probably gonna see some indies, and for the 3DS, Detective Pikachu, with a demo to be released after the direct considering Japan just got their demo released a few days ago.

Also, I'm betting on Odyssey DLC, Nintendo has already showed their willing to support the game with new content with the release of the 3 new costumes and Balloon World, so perhaps what Sellars is saying is true.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Haru17

More ports and even less content? Maybe getting the online news out ahead of E3? Probably not, but we know it's definitely not Fire Emblem, Metroid, Animal Crossing, or Pokemon.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Malcrash

-Mario Tennis Aces releasing in June
-Another Wii U port, hopefully Pikmin 3 or Super Mario 3D World
-Wonderful 101 port?
-Link's Awakening reveal for 3DS
-More Atlus RPG's to be revealed for 3DS
-More ports on Switch, more so a peek at Wolfenstein's progress and reveals either South Park or Nier Automata
-More new third party Switch games?

Malcrash

Twitter:

iKhan

Big announcements:
Yoshi title and release window
Fire Emblem title and release window
Mario Tennis Aces
Smash Bros port
Major 3rd party announcements

Small announcements:
A small eShop 1st party game for Switch
Mario Odyssey DLC
Pokken DLC
Xenoblade 2 DLC info
Another Wii U port for Switch
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for 3DS
Detective Pikachu
Mario and Donkey Kong for 3DS
One of the Three:
New Mario + Luigi for 3DS
New Mario Party for 3DS
New Tomodachi Life for 3DS

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

TOUGHDUDE94

@Haru17 one of them will get like a small peek i feel most likely fire emblem or yoshi unless fire emblem is delayed to 2019, yoshi is a summer 2018 game.
Pokemon the might due what they did on sun and moon just show the mame and some details and have a pokemon direct for that metriod that is their big e3 thing

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

This could be to get all the 3ds games out the way so that they have all e3 for the switch

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Haru17

Pokemon games always get announced in a dull May trailer.

TOUGHDUDE94

@Haru17 on tuesday morring

TOUGHDUDE94

TheTetrisGuy

I think a King of Cards release date and Diablo 3 conformation is very likely. I say no for Smash as it has historically only been announced at E3. I think Animal Crossing is very possible, as it doesn’t really seem like an E3 title for me. Besides that, I have no idea what will be shown off for the 3DS besides Detective Pikachu, Pikmin 4 COULD show up, but I feel like that game is never coming out at this point given how it was apparently close to completion years ago and it feels like Nintendo is just holding it hostage. And no Mother 3, but that’s a given For my crazy prediction, i’m going to call it now... COD Black Ops 4 is all but conformed and I predict it’ll be on the direct tomorrow. I could just be setting myself up for disappointment, but you never know with these directs.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Heavyarms55

Predictions: Mario Tennis, Labo, and one more "big-ish" Switch announcement. Plus 1-3 minor 3DS announcements. Also probably a small recap of up-coming Nindies. (MAYBE) Switch Online service info.

Hopes: Any of these: Animal Crossing Switch CONFIRMED, Netflix, Hulu Japan, Amazon video support, Fire Emblem Switch info(anything), Virtual Console or successor service, Switch OS update bringing folders, themes, and an fixed and improved activity log.

Things I DON'T think will happen: Pokemon Switch (will be saved for E3 and or Pokemon World Championship) Metriod Prime 4 (also saved for E3), anything new related to Zelda(Nintendo will want to keep basking in the BotW afterglow until next year at least)

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Haru17

TheTetrisGuy wrote:

I’m going to call it now... COD Black Ops 4 is all but conformed and I predict it’ll be on the direct tomorrow.

Call it CoD 4: Modern Warfare

Edited on by Haru17

Varking

I hope for Dragon Quest news and a browser/streaming apps. I expect none of these

Varking

Switch Friend Code: SW-2170-3160-1269 | My Nintendo: varking | Nintendo Network ID: Varking

TheTetrisGuy

@Haru17 No I meant Black Ops 4. Unless I didn’t understand what you mean?

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Aozz101x

@TheTetrisGuy are you sure you don't mean Call of Duty: Super Mario Edition?
featuring:

• capture the mushrooms
  • balloon fight
  • kart wars, with mario kart items!
  • play as Mario, Luigi, Green, Red, Blue and Yellow Toad, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr, PINK GOLDEN Peach. and for $9.99 you can get D.K. and Diddy Kong, plus 10 new weapon skins! get it now while the supplies last!

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 Yes. Always a dull May trailer.

Except XY...in January 2013. And Sun and Moon...in February 2016.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

19Robb92

19Robb92 wrote:

Not expecting much, but I think that:

• A trailer for Fire Emblem
  • Confirmation on Diablo 3
  • Super Mario: Odyssey Paid DLC

are likely to be shown.

I'll add that, while I don't necessarily think it'll happen, I'm hoping we'll see more of No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again. I'm very curious to find out more about which inide-games they've chosen to include.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Qwertyninty

Just not hyped. Two most anticipated games are indie games coming the end of this month. Will see if they can give a look at something new today. Would be cool.

Qwertyninty

toiletduck

I don't expect we'll see anything (or at least not much) about Labo this Direct. They've seperated Labo-related announcements from 'regular' gaming news quite carefully until now.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

chardir

@toiletduck I think you're right. They are treating Labo as a separate product stream. On the Nintendo website it has its own channel distinct from Switch. All the trailers have been for Labo alone, and not part of the direct mini.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.