Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct 3/8/18 Predictions and Hopes!

Posts 61 to 80 of 208

Joeynator3000

watches GameXplain's discussion video
lol, Smash for Switch...yeah right.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Madelleste

For those who're interested in it: GameXplain just released a new video on their YouTube channel with their predictions. Interesting stuff.

Madelleste

TuVictus

Nice, gives me something to listen to on the long drive home

TuVictus

MrGam3andBu1ld

My Predicitions:
Yoshi Trailer
Mario Ace stuff (confirmed so..)
3rd Party Games
Eshop
DLC (nintendo isn't EA, they've had good content)
3DS..... stuff

Very possible we get a trailer for prime 4, pokemon, or fire emblem since we know those are in development

Zelda Enthusiast
Part of the Poltergust Ghost Removal Company
Power Up collector
Majoring in Smash

Fooligan

My Prediction:

Disappointment

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Octane

@Fooligan It's like that feeling when you google 'banana' and nearly half the pictures are of multiple bananas, instead of a single banana; almost, but not quite what you were looking for.

Octane

ianl579

Not expecting much. Maybe one small surprise on the eShop, but no firmware updates, and few new games. Just release dates for Mario Tennis, Octopath Traveler, Yoshi, the 3DS sushi game, and maybe a look at Fire Emblem. Hopefully some third-parties/indies as well.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

IceClimbers

Prediction time!

3DS Headlines

• Detective Pikachu
  • The Alliance Alive/SMT Strange Journey Redux
  • Sushi Striker
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Dead Heat Breakers
  • Third party localizations (either Etrian MD2 or Yokai Watch 3 most likely)

Spotlight Focus - Mario Tennis Aces

• Overview of the various modes.
  • Rundown of gameplay mechanics
  • Pauline revealed to be a playable character
  • Early June release date

Switch Headlines

• Yoshi (title, release date - probably July)
  • Project Octopath Traveler (title, release date - probably August)
  • Kirby Star Allies/Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition/DKC Tropical Freeze reminder
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy
  • Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana
  • Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
  • Arena of Valor
  • Splatoon 2 content
  • Pokken/FE Warriors/Xenoblade 2/Mario + Rabbids DLC
  • New third party ports (South Park? Crash?)
  • New amiibo
  • New Joy-Con colors

Not happening

• Pokemon/Smash Bros/Animal Crossing/Metroid Prime 4/Bayonetta 3
  • Switch Online details
  • Switch Virtual Console
  • Switch System Update

Not really expecting much beyond details of previously announced stuff, DLC/content details, and some third party ports. Hoping we see South Park announced.

I don't think we see Fire Emblem until E3, with it getting a release in October.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

My Prediction:

Disappointment

Quoted for truth

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ThanosReXXX

@NaviAndMii No it's not pedantic, it's factual. And to show that I wasn't trying to be mean or offensive, I clearly stated "no offense" at the beginning, to make my intentions perfectly clear.

And your definition of vaporware isn't correct either. It isn't called VAPORware for nothing: it is something that has come and gone in a puff of smoke, never really having materialized anywhere in any form so a customer can get his hands on it, so the fact that Steep has already been published and released on multiple platforms, already saves it from falling victim to that label.

And I gave two perfectly good examples of ACTUAL Vaporware already...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

link3710

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I was using the colloquial definition of the term (a.k.a. a game that isn't released without heavy modification and change of platform) although I do admit Steep doesn't even qualify for that much. Just... ignore the fact that I used that term and focus on the rest of that message.

EDIT: And no, I don't mind being called out on improper usage of terminology like that

Edited on by link3710

link3710

NaviAndMii

@ThanosReXXX Just sayin' - nobody was pedantic enough to pull you up on the fact that you started a sentence with the word 'And' ..it's easy to just - y'know - let things slide from time to time After all, we all knew what @link3710 meant..

(Plus, my point was that FIFA 18 on Switch is a completely different game - built using a completely different engine - to the versions available on other platforms...it's 'the same' only in name. If FIFA Switch, for unexplained reasons, never came to be - it'd have been vaporware - because you cannot play that UNIQUE version of the game anywhere else...the same would apply to Steep Switch if it was built from the ground up)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@link3710 Well, I appreciate you taking the comment as I meant it, and being a good sport about it, so good on you, thanks.

@NaviAndMii No man, sorry, but it doesn't work that way. You can't shoehorn a definition into something that you think should be called a certain way. If we were to run with that, then all Wii versions of certain games could also have been designated as possible Vaporware, if they weren't released, because these too were mostly made from the ground up.

The ONLY difference with the Switch versions of Fifa and Steep is indeed that they were/are made differently with either custom engines or with custom gameplay. But according to Ubisoft themselves, Steep for the Switch is made with the Snowdrop Engine, which they also used for the other versions, so it might be made from the ground up, or with different functionalities, but in essence, it's still very much the same game, and the same goes for Fifa.

So, definitely no Vaporware, no matter which way you try to spin it. I'm glad that the person that was ACTUALLY addressed by me understands this...

EDIT:

And you have NO idea how much I "let slide" from how many people, such as the regular site trolls and the somehow strangely popular idiots that have unfortunately come to populate this site in the last year or two. I'm really a pretty social person, but I also like realism, clarity and looking at life with a glass half full view.

But I refuse to use that ignore button, since that is the epitomy of defeatism to me, and I do not bow to individuals like that. /r

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NaviAndMii

@ThanosReXXX By your definition, if FIFA 18 (Switch) was called something else, it would qualify - but because it shares a name with a completely different game, it doesn't? Hmm...

Still, best not to get too hung up on it - it's only jargon - as I said, we all knew what @link3710 meant regardless..

EDIT: Plus, if what you said is true and Ubi confirmed that it's the same build, that point was irrelevant anyway - just seemed awfully 'nitpicky'...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Steep is made in Anvil. Only 4 games use Snowdrop: The Division, Mario + Rabbids, Fractured But Whole and Starlink.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@NaviAndMii No, not by MY definition, but by the definition of what Vaporware ACTUALLY means, regardless of what you or anybody else meant and understood, except without you twisting and turning around the context or meaning of what I said...

And Fifa is NOT an entirely different game. It looks and plays largely the same, except for some different and some missing features/modes, and lower graphics, so AGAIN: it really does not apply. Not seeing the logic in what I'm saying, is a good way to lengthen the discussion, though...

And I'm not trying to be nit-picky, you're keeping the discussion going which is subsequently kind of making me look as such, because I'm needlessly reiterating undeniable facts, while the actually addressed person was a lot more accepting and logical about it, so no offense, but far as I'm concerned, I'm out of this discussion, since it serves no purpose, other than me rehashing what I've already said, multiple times.

@YummyHappyPills Ah, my bad, got my game engines mixed up, then. OR: the Switch version IS made in Snowdrop, in which case, the "but is it vaporware" discussion could go on and on, and on...

NaviAndMii

@ThanosReXXX Oh jeez...FIFA Switch is a different game - it originally even went by a different name - it was built by different people, using a different engine, with different gameplay, different assets, different mechanics...it shares a name and box-art, that's about it.

Honestly, it's like saying that if the modern DOOM got shadow cancelled, you couldn't call it 'vaporware' because the 1993 original exists...silliness.

...and irrelevant - link was using the term loosely; we all knew it, we all knew what he meant - it was totally nitpicky

Anyway, back on topic - I'm here for the predictions!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

NaviAndMii

@frogopus Well, they say you learn something every day.. (literally just Googled it - damn your false teachings, Mrs. Butler! )

Apologies for perpetuating that silly myth!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Bolt_Strike

We'll probably hear about Yoshi and Fire Emblem, and maybe one more surprise for Kirby Star Allies, but that's about it. This is probably E3 filler.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.