Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct 3/8/18 Predictions and Hopes!

Posts 41 to 60 of 208

Octane

@Nintendoforlife The difference is that Pikmin 4 (or whatever it's going to be called), is just another mainline entry in the franchise. Maybe they scrapped whatever they were working on a few years ago, but it will eventually release. And since we haven't see any footage yet, it's not like we can tell what's scrapped and what isn't. So unless they cancel the entire franchise, they can't really cancel 'Pikmin 4', you know, just another Pikmin game.

Octane

-Green-

What’s the possibility of Hollow Knight being shown at the direct?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ilikeike

@-Green- Depending on this direct's level of focus on Indies I'd say it's pretty likely. However, if a Nindie presentation happens shortly after this it would be much more likely to be shown there.
I definitely hope that it shows up tomorrow; I've been holding out for the Switch version for so long!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Garage

5 new Nintendo games. 10 new 3rd party games. 30 new games from indies. New online service. New operating system version. Back up options for our save games. New chat options. Netflix-like virtual console. To be honest... I'm just happy that there is going to be a direct with a few new information. I trust Nintendo. They know best when the time is right to show us new projects and their plans. Most of it won't be shown tomorrow that is sure.

Garage

TuVictus

A bit random and I don't really expect it anytime soon but the introduction of switch themes would be great. Unless they're holding it back as a perk for the online service

TuVictus

link3710

@Nintendoforlife Nintendo never 'scraps' games in the way you're implying (With the exception of Project Hammer). Earthbound 64 became Mother 3, Kirby (GC) was worked into Kirby: Return to Dreamland, Project: Giant Robo was worked into the Labo Robot kit, etc. What is likely however is that whatever was built for Pikmin 4 back then will be used as a starting place for Pikmin 4 now, assuming they didn't just change target consoles. Which... at this point is starting to seem unlikely.

link3710

link3710

@Nintendoforlife Oh, I agree there's a good chance it's in the works for the Switch. The question is, is it the same game as was in development when it was first announced? That question may never be truly answered.

link3710

rickroll10000

i'm hoping for romance of three kingdoms xiii and nobunaga's ambition to come over here

rickroll10000

OorWullie

Retro Studies are back with their biggest and most ambitious game yet.

Pack your Dungarees, trim your mustaches and join the legendary brothers for an incredible journey through a world that is beyond your wildest imaginations.

Super Mario Bros Excellent Adventures - The classic 2D gameplay you cherish but in a way you've never seen before. Wahoo!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Andrew5678

The trend with 3DS/Switch Directs seems to be 70% Switch and 30% 3DS. I expect Nintendo to fill in some of the gaps leading up to E3. At the very least, I'm guessing one notable release for April or June, such as the new Yoshi game. There could always be a Mini-Direct about one month before E3 so that they can fill out some of their calendar, but still have plenty of big announcements for it. And of course, indies and ports, but I have no clue if there will be any big profile announcements there. As for 3DS, off of the top of my head I'm guessing that there will be some info in Sushi Strikers, and hopefully an announcement of the new Dillon's Rolling Western game coming to the west. Beyond that, some quick announcements/reminders for titles like Detective Picachu.

As for hopes, Nintendo has mentioned a new OS fix for the timer bug, so perhaps that can be made part of a bigger update that adds some sort of OS theme like with the 3DS. Possibly some announcements of Nintendo Switch rewards in the future, especially in regards to the Platinum Points. I'm still waiting for some ARMS icons for the Switch. Perhaps some information on the Online Program, but I really have no idea when would be a great time to announce that. It would be a ways away, but I'm sure plenty of people would like to know ahead of time.

Andrew5678

Joeynator3000

I just want a date for Hyrule Warriors, I don't expect much from this...I still feel like this is when Monster Hunter Generations X happens, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ThanosReXXX

@link3710 Seeing as Miyamoto himself has said that Pikmin 4 was already quite far in development back in the Wii U days, I would consider it to still be a Pikmin game like we all know and love. I doubt they're going to start from scratch again, just because of the move to the Switch, so they might add/upgrade stuff, but it'll probably largely be the same game that they now have sitting on a shelve, waiting to be completed.

And no offense, but your understanding of the word Vaporware seems to be somewhat limited. Vaporware is something that has never come into (commercial) existence in ANY way, shape or form (or in this case: on any platform), even though there's documentation of it, and they might even have shown mock builds or footage of it on expos and such.

So, Steep isn't vaporware at all, since that game actually exists and is available on other platforms. Good examples of ACTUAL vaporware are the Phantom console, and the game StarCraft: Ghost.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

OorWullie

I'm going in thinking big and feeling optimistic I'll be coming out the other side a fully satisfied Switch owner.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Madelleste

I'm almost 100% into Indies this console generation, so that's where my hopes and dreams are.

Ports of CrossCode, Hyper Light Drifter, Bastion, Freedom Planet 1 and 2,...
Release dates for Indivisible, Hollow Knight, Dragon: Marked for Death and Shovel Knight: King of Cards.
And of course new announcements.

Madelleste

TOUGHDUDE94

my predictions.

----------------------------------3ds--------------------------

1.pokemon mystery dungeon(with sun and moon pokemon)(maybe also on switch)
2.Yokai watch games
3.more amiibo
4.minechaft stary mode
5.surprizes
6.canceled that suzui game that is going to fail for a new mario galazay game

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

do you think they should have super mario galaxay 3d or 3d land 2 on 3ds or a remake of more gba games or advance wars 3ds or super mario land 1-3 remake

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

NaviAndMii

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@link3710 [...] And no offense, but your understanding of the word Vaporware seems to be somewhat limited. Vaporware is something that has never come into (commercial) existence in ANY way, shape or form (or in this case: on any platform), even though there's documentation of it, and they might even have shown mock builds or footage of it on expos and such.

So, Steep isn't vaporware at all, since that game actually exists and is available on other platforms. Good examples of ACTUAL vaporware are the Phantom console, and the game StarCraft: Ghost.

That's a little pedantic. If Steep Switch is/was a custom build (like FIFA 18 on Switch) but never came out, or got officially cancelled - it'd fit the definition of 'vaporware' perfectly...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.