Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,921 to 9,940 of 15,873

NintendoByNature

Its just too hard to speculate an indie world. I've been hoping for silksong everytime we get one and it never happens. When it does, it does.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

12.5 hours to go Indie Direct.
Prepare your snack.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

T-5 minutes .... Who's here now?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

gcunit

I always look forward to Indie World presentations and usually enjoy them, but this one was a bit dull. The best looking game was the first one, and then was followed by several games that just didn't interest me. It wasn't until Figment 2 that my brain switched on again, and that was primarily due to the effective sell by that dude with the guitar.

Then after that, only Olli Olli World and Omori looked any good.

But I am tired today, so maybe that affected my perception.

Sea of Stars looked very nice. Except for that character design on the cover art. That was horrific.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

RR529

Yeah, I can't say there's anything here that piqued my interest, and there's usually at least one thing.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Blooper987

I’ve been waiting for Omori to come to switch for about a year now. I’m a huge fan of Earthbound styled games that have strong messages and wreck you emotionally so I know this game will be an absolute masterpiece to me. I’m so excited to finally play it!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

NintendoByNature

gcunit wrote:

I always look forward to Indie World presentations and usually enjoy them, but this one was a bit dull. The best looking game was the first one, and then was followed by several games that just didn't interest me.

Pretty much how I felt. Sea of stars or whatever it's called by sabotage was the only banger for me. I'll probably check out RCG2 though once I give the other game a shot.

I wasn't expecting silksong, sports story, or tmnt to get new trailers with release dates, yet I was still let down it didn't happen 🤣.

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

I've been looking forward to Omori for an absolute eternity. I don't think Undertale had come out when I first heard about it. I was seriously considering buying it on PC (which I almost never do) if it took too long to come to Switch.

I do feel bad for Hollow Knight fans though. Like every chance for it to come back, it never has. I know nothing about Hollow Knight but wasn't it supposed to just be like a free update or something? I have to assume its now just a full sequel or something after all this time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 It started as DLC, but then became it's own game due to them having so many ideas for it. Much like Mario Galaxy and BotW 2. I feel like it's probably in development hell, since they probably bit off way more than they could chew with Silksong. We haven't heard about it in years, and that'll probably be a trend for quite some time.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

So looking at games announced in general Directs and big events, the list of games not yet released is (Switch exclusives are bolded):

• Wreckfest (Fall 2021, announced September 2021 Direct)
  • Outer Wilds (Holiday 2021, announced February 2021 Direct)
  • Neon White (Holiday 2021, announced February 2021 Direct)
  • Pokemon Legends Arceus (January 28th 2022, announced February 2021 Pokemon Presents)
  • Dying Light 2 Cloud Version (February 4th 2022, announced September 2021 Direct)
  • Triangle Strategy (March 4th 2022, announced February 2021 Direct)
  • Chocobo GP (March 10th 2022, announced September 2021 Direct)
  • Rune Factory 5 (March 22nd 2022, announced February 2019 Direct)
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp (Spring 2022, announced E3 2021)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Spring 2022, announced September 2021 Direct)
  • Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak (Summer 2022, announced September 2021 Direct)
  • Bayonetta 3 (2022, announced Game Awards 2017)
  • BotW 2 (2022, announced E3 2019)
  • Fall Guys (2022, announced February 2021 Direct)
  • Star Wars Hunters (2022, announced February 2021 Direct)
  • Splatoon 3 (2022, announced February 2021 Direct)
  • Life is Strange Remastered Collection (2022, announced E3 2021)
  • Two Point Campus (2022, announced E3 2021)
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022, announced E3 2021)
  • Shadowrun Trilogy (2022, announced September 2021 Direct)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (TBA, announced E3 2017)
  • Detective Pikachu (TBA, announced May 2019 Pokemon Press Conference)
  • Hollow Knight Silksong (TBA, announced E3 2019)
  • Kingdom Hearts Cloud Versions (TBA, announced Sora Smash Ultimate presentation)

I still think around February 3rd is most likely (the week after Legends Arceus) but there are some timing that could put it much earlier (the first 3 still have 2021 release windows but 2021 is almost over) or later (3 3rd party Switch exclusives in March 2022 means Nintendo likely won't have anything 1st party after Legends Arceus until April at the earliest).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano so the first general Nintendo Direct in february?with the confirmation of Kirby and the Forgotten Land release date, Hollow Knight Silksong release date and maybe the reveal of the rumored Metroid Prime 1 remaster/remake?

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

VoidofLight

@Giancarlothomaz Silksong is probably not happening for a long time. It's pretty much in development hell from the looks of it.

jump

@VoidofLight Deveolpment hell seems like an overstatement. The last of the DLC for Hallow Knight was in late 2018, it's a small team of 3 people plus covid has delayed everything. The original took 4/5 years to make and it's been 2/3 years since it was announced so it doesn't seem like it's due any minute anyway.

It's just the yoof today with their cellular phones getting constant information whilst on a sugar high from their soda pops are just too impatience, plus there's this latest fad of declaring things cancelled.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@Giancarlothomaz You can see all of Team Cherry below. Be quick before someone cancels them for taking too long to make Silksong.

https://www.teamcherry.com.au/about

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

I've never seen anyone cancel developers for taking too long to make a game. The main reason I just assume it's in development hell is because we haven't seen anything about the game since it's initial reveal... and generally, when that happens, a game is probably in dev hell.

Either that, or it's like Prime 4, and restarted development entirely... which isn't a stranger towards indie games in the slightest.

I'm just of the opinion that if we hadn't seen a game since it's reveal, then it's probably years off from release, given that it seems to be a pattern in the industry, pandemic or no pandemic. Games are sometimes revealed way too early, causing people to have to wait a while to get their hands on them. BotW, for example, was revealed way before it was even ready, so the massive delays it had made people wait a while. Final Fantasy XV, another game that people were waiting for was revealed in 2006, and didn't release until 2016, due to being in development hell and having to start over entirely due to it. Then you have Metroid Prime 4, which was revealed way before it had gameplay, with no development updates until 2019, where they confirmed that the game had been scrapped and they were restarting development entirely with an entirely different dev team.

Games being revealed way too early is a trend in this industry, and while some indie games seem to thankfully avoid that, Silksong was probably one of those indie games which didn't, and we probably learned about it way before they should've done so.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic