Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,381 to 8,400 of 15,474

Dezzy

Slowdive wrote:

Why did they make that decision after Retro had made 2 really good Donkey Kong games? Tropical Freeze is the best game in the series, in my opinion.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

I would like the 3d Mario team to make a 3d donkey kong game.
@Dezzy Yeah, doesn't make much sense. Then again, can we still call Retro a developer with such an absence of games output.

Have there been devs in the past with this long of a break from releasing games? Honest question, I would like to know.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano I'll have to have a look. Which news channel is it on? And maybe, right, maybe it means... They are replacing Nintendo switch online with... Nintendo clown online service. THAT'S WHAT THE RED NSO BUTTON ON THE SWITCH IS! IT'S NOT A SJORTCUT TO NSO, IT'S A CLOWN NOSE!

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Giancarlothomaz

@Slowdive André Restart made a video stating that the Super Mario Odyssey team was developing a 2D/3D Donkey Kong game, possibly to release in celebration of Donkey Kong 40th anniversary, @GrumbleVolcano could this removal of Switch Online news be related to the rumored Switch Online overhaul?, @Spanjard theres a rumor the 3D Mario development team is currently working in a 3D Donkey Kong game since 2017, You Tuber André Restart made a video about this rumor.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

link3710

Honestly. 3D DK sounds amazing. Donkey Kong 64 may have had it's issues, but there's a reason people remember it so fondly. DK and the crew remain super fun to play in 3D.

link3710

rallydefault

Yea, seriously, sign me up if this is true. I know people want an Odyssey 2, but dang a DK64 successor done by that team would be even better in my opinion.

rallydefault

mnnk2100

I actually hope FATAL FRAME Maiden of Black Water is coming Switch.

mnnk2100

DannyBoi

@ToadBrigade It has done it for UK news feed.

GrailUK

I personally would love a Jungle Beat 2 lol. But, I thought after I finished Odyssey, I do hope they do something different for a sequel. Much like SMW2 - Yoshi's Island, if you controlled Donkey Kong (and other characters) searching for a kidnapped Mario, would make for some new movesets whilst retaining the theme of travelling the world. Super Mario Odyssey 2 - Kong's Quest (or something) would kill 2 birds with one stone. But either way, the hint at the end of Paper Mario trailer showed a 3D DK. And it's about time we got one lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jump

@link3710 To be honest I don't remember folk talking about DK64 in a postive light that often. It's normally either by extension of the Country games or talking about Rare's old output in general. The Banjo Kazookie and Donkey Kong Country games completely overshadow DK64. If there's a new 3D game I'd hope it's takes it's inspiration from elsewhere and keep the Country characters over 64s like Dixie over Tiny. If they do keep just one thing from 64 I hope it is this...

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

dionysos283 wrote:

The hidden DK area at Super Nintendo World also hints at something DK related coming this year.

That makes complete sense, I hadn't even considered it.

MarioBrickLayer

Clyde_Radcliffe

The video posted on the last page unfortunately claims the new DK will be 2D and NOT 3D. Hope that's wrong, I'd love to see a proper AAA first party 3D adventure/platformer that wasn't Zelda or Mario...

Clyde_Radcliffe

VoidofLight

@dionysos283 Clearing out old stuff to make room for new stuff. Doubt it suggests an online revamp. That stuff’s like a year old now or more.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

DannyBoi

@VoidofLight I don't think they are doing that. There isn't enough stuff there to make deleting old articles necessary. Plus, what about the first ever batch of nes games that were added? They are still on there.

VoidofLight

@DannyBoi I mean, it's not that big of a stretch, since they've deleted old articles in the past to make room for new ones.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

FragRed

@Slowdive It seems to be just about the Age of Calamity DLC.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DannyBoi

I've heard of that leaked before.

Dezzy

rallydefault wrote:

Yea, seriously, sign me up if this is true. I know people want an Odyssey 2, but dang a DK64 successor done by that team would be even better in my opinion.

Can't possibly imagine it being better than an Odyssey 2. I'd prefer they did it as well rather than instead.

3D Platformers are quite a broad genre (and popular one). Nintendo can afford to have 2 going at once. As they often do with 2D platformers.

I just really think they'd be mad not to make an Odyssey 2. Given how well it sold, and given how they could literally reuse everything from the 1st game and just make some new levels (like they did with Galaxy 2)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

@Dezzy I don't think it would be quite that easy. I'd want and expect new worlds with new themes and new enemies to control so if it's just reusing the same assets that would be a bit pish in my opinion.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic