Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,901 to 7,920 of 15,939

jedgamesguy

Clyde_Radcliffe wrote:

I thought it would just be an extra world in Super Mario 3D World.

It was called Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury for a reason. Unfortunately it made me expect that Bowser's Fury was going to be big enough to justify having its name on the front. It is, by a good margin, but as a Nintendo fan expectations are bad.

@rallydefault @VoidofLight I thought Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2 had fantastic high value DLC packs. I didn't care all that much for the BotW Pack 1 content, except for Hero's Path (should have been called Hero's Journey) and Master Mode. Pack 2 was really good because of all the new quests we had to do. Plus, the ultimate rewards like the faster cooldown times for the champion abilities and the Master Cycle Zero, were very good.

Xenoblade 2's DLC had no right being as valuable and economic as it was. I thought they were going to make Torna a standalone game, not free for pre-existing Pass owners. A 20 hour game put in as DLC is just amazing.

@rallydefault I heavily agree with your feeling there, I hate microtransactions and would rather pay up front for a quality game. Which is why I love Nintendo and Sony that much; their first party titles don't do this. Ubisoft and EA? They do it and it can get ugly.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Giancarlothomaz

@Slowdive what could be this Nintendo Switch Online revamp Nathan Drake is refering to?more consoles added to Switch Online this year?more features? could this be related to a new Switch update discoved 3 weeks ago?

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

rallydefault

@VoidofLight
Nintendo is by far, FAR the least egregious company when it comes to stupid DLC. BotW was pretty good, and Mario Kart 8's DLC back on the Wii U is still, in my opinion, the gold standard of what DLC should be. That being said, things are slowly getting worse: Luigi's Mansion DLC is ridiculous for pretty much any price, the Fire Emblem DLC is overpriced for what you get, the Pokemon DLC is overpriced (30 bucks seriously!?), Captain Toad DLC is mehhhh (but it's also only 5 bucks).

But that's just Nintendo. So far I would say they are holding the line, but most other companies have long since given in to this "season pass" mania, the vast majority of it being money grabs for another 30 bucks on top of the 60-dollar game you just bought.

Anyway, why isn't Skyward Sword HD a remaster? HD graphics and a brand-new control scheme aren't enough for you so far? Do you work at Nintendo or are you just doing a lot of assuming for a game that hasn't been fully detailed and released?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Jackpaza0508

Nintendo: So we're releasing a classic game on the switch with a brand new control method, HD graphics and a higher frame rate! There's also amiibo support!
Nintendo Fans: Wow, nintendo's releasing an old game for $60 with no enhancements whatsoever! How lazy! * Proceeds to buy game *

He/Him

jedgamesguy

@Jackpaza0508 I'll end up buying it anyway but because of the game, not because of the fact that it's on Switch.

I wish I had a backbone though.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

rallydefault

@Jackpaza0508
Hey, another guy who works at Nintendo.

While you're at it, can you tell me all about the features of BotW2? I wanna figure out if it's gonna be worth 60 bucks (plus the 20-30 bucks of DLC I'm sure it will) for me.

rallydefault

Jackpaza0508

@rallydefault We've completely restarted development and changed the genre from action open world to dating sim where you have to date your way to defeating ganon

He/Him

Grumblevolcano

Nothing comes anywhere close to the Xenoblade 2 expansion pass in terms of Nintendo DLC and I doubt anything will until the next new Xenoblade game (if XCX gets a port before the next new Xenoblade releases, I'd imagine it would be like XCDE where there's no DLC but instead post game story content about the size of Future Connected is added to the base game).

Do kind of wish I double dipped on Torna though instead of only having it via the XC2 expansion pass. The past year shows that Nintendo and Sony cannot be trusted with regards to digital content so it makes me want to buy physical of games that I already got via digital (e.g. Torna, Sonic Mania, both Ori games).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@rallydefault it’s a port. The only difference is the control scheme and a higher resolution. The graphics are the exact same, and so are the textures and lighting.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

rallydefault

VoidofLight wrote:

@rallydefault it’s a port. The only difference is the control scheme and a higher resolution. The graphics are the exact same, and so are the textures and lighting.

A port has no changes. Zero. It's literally the same game, same graphics, same controls, just running on a different piece of hardware (usually a console), many times through use of emulation software.

Does SS HD fit that? Be honest.

Edit: I will say that some ports will make the change of updating input controls in dialogue and commands for the sake of a different controller on the new hardware, like instead of a or instruction character saying "Press ZR to aim your bow," it may have to be updated to "Press the right stick to aim your bow" or whatever, you get the picture.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

MarioBrickLayer

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer Jeff Gruff state news regarding the Legend of Zelda 35th anniversary will start after the release of Skyward Sword .
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/02/expect_to_hear_more...

Yeah! It was Jeff, I remember now, he talked about it on the spawncast when he wasa guest.

Slowdive wrote:

I suspect a Twilight Princess/Windwaker one handled by either NERD or NST, and Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask 3D ports by Grezzo.

GameOver Jesse thinks so too...

If we get a port of Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask then that must kill off the rumours of N64 games coming to NSO?

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer NSO overhaul is likely before Zelda 35th anniversary celebrations so the reverse would probably be the case. If we see OoT and/or MM appear in NSO overhaul then that kills off the rumours of the 3DS versions being brought over.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StuTwo

Jackpaza0508 wrote:

@rallydefault We've completely restarted development and changed the genre from action open world to dating sim where you have to date your way to defeating ganon

...or dating Ganon...

To be fair - I think Nintendo should absolutely do this. I think it would make the internet's reaction to Wind Waker seem like a storm in a teacup by comparison. It would be hilarious.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

MarioBrickLayer

@Slowdive I just can't see Nintendo releasing the same games in a collection and on NSO, depending on the order of release it would impact sales or really annoy fans who had made the purchase.

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@Slowdive usually remasters take the original game and apply work to the models or textures, at least most do.

VoidofLight

@Slowdive Yeah. I guess it is a remaster, but just a really lazy one.

MarioBrickLayer

@Slowdive apart from cross over console periods (Twilight Princess + Breath of the wild) what other examples can you think of?

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

I’d like a collection of Twilight Princess HD and WindWaker HD.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic