Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,241 to 7,260 of 15,461

VoidofLight

@FragRed Eh, even then most people probably already have the 3Ds remakes, which look better. I could see them releasing N64 games for Nintendo Switch Online, and just including those two titles or something.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

NintendoByNature

I think if they release of OoT or MM that deconfirms It coming to NSO.

NintendoByNature

FragRed

@VoidofLight @NintendoByNature Nintendo don’t care if most people own the 3DS versions because they know, and are right in thinking, that people will buy the N64 versions on Switch. They may moan about it and there’ll be a vocal social media backlash again, but it’ll sell millions as part of a bundle with one or two other games. Mario 3D All Stars proves people will keep re-buying old games no matter what.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

VoidofLight

@FragRed I mean true, but you have to question those who willingly buy the inferior versions of the games, when the remakes improved the experience 10 fold. I could see them probably re-releasing the remakes on switch, but doing some enhancements to make them function on the switch without the touch screen, and just generally improve the resolution itself.

HobbitGamer

FragRed wrote:

@VoidofLight @NintendoByNature Nintendo don’t care if most people own the 3DS versions because they know, and are right in thinking, that people will buy the N64 versions on Switch. They may moan about it and there’ll be a vocal social media backlash again, but it’ll sell millions as part of a bundle with one or two other games. Mario 3D All Stars proves people will keep re-buying old games no matter what.

Yup, and that's exactly why folks trying to make an 'educated' guess on why a conglomerate will or won't do something are often just silly.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FragRed

@VoidofLight That's what everyone expected with the Mario collection, that Nintendo would use the "superior" DS version of Mario 64, only to be real upset it was the vanilla original Nintendo 64 version. Nintendo are quite happy to re-release and resell the originals and forget the remakes ever existed. And millions of people will do the same when buying said originals in a collection. Some will complain but will cough up the cash and once again prove how Nintendo knows it's consumer base better than the consumer base knows itself.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed That's not what happened, people were upset that Mario 64 wasn't a full remake (like what Activision did with Crash and Spyro) in the Odyssey engine.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Nah it was a little more than just that

People were doubly upset including myself that it seemed that Nintendo basically did the bare minimum when bringing Mario 64 over at all when they put considerably more effort into Sunshine and Galaxy

64 just came off as extremely bare bones and its emulated nature just came off as blatantly obvious there. That unofficial Mario 64 PC port is unironically better than this official Nintendo offering they're charging for like 80 CAD along with another emulated game and a partial remaster that basically had the bulk of its work done already given it first appeared on the NVIDIA Shield in China in a similar format

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

dionysos283

To be honest, I’m not sure if this IGN guy is just trolling.

dionysos283

VoidofLight

@dionysos283 I honestly don't believe the IGN guy. Especially when the stuff he's peddling around is.. something anyone could just easily guess. If it happens, then awesome, but if it doesn't then.. well.

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I know a lot were upset about it not being a full on remake. I was very vocal about how much I hated it not being a remake. But I seem to recall a lot of people wanting the DS version to be used as it was seen to be the superior version and instead we got neither.

@TheFrenchiestFry Didn’t people discover random weird things wrong with Sunshine that weren’t in the original due to poor porting? I think there was guidelines on one stage for some platforming that wasn’t meant to be visible.

TheFrenchiestFry

@FragRed Yeah there was still debug stuff left in the code that wasn't hidden that confirmed the games were running via emulation instead of them being converted to run on Switch

It's moreso the case for Sunshine and 64 than it was Galaxy, which was a pseudo-remaster

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

VoidofLight

I honestly bought the collection for Galaxy's remaster and for Sunshine, since I never played Sunshine, nor owned a copy of it. I feel like I at least got my money's worth, even if it's a port with no real enhancements.

link3710

@FragRed Yeah, those debug cubes have haunted emulators for a long time since the way they were hidden used undefined behavior of the GameCube's GPU where it will run parts of the lighting engine even when it's turned off. Since the technique to hide them is probably not even documented by Nintendo, it wasn't a surprise they showed up when they emulated it.

link3710

BruceCM

I liked seeing those debug cubes! They patched them out, though .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

FragRed

@link3710 Kinda surprised they never noticed during testing phases of the game on Switch. Or they really were on a time limit and they just said "screw it, fix it later". The end result just added to people's anger at the whole collection.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I'd guess time limit is more likely given how little warning was given with the release (a retail game launching a week after announcement is unheard of). Though with Animal Crossing, Nintendo could've probably stopped releasing games after Animal Crossing and the Switch would still be a gigantic success

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano If you ask half the internet, pretty sure they think that actually happened - Nintendo didn't release anything after Animal Crossing

jump

You lot mke it sound Clubhouse Games and Jump Rope Challenge aren't the peaks of Nintendo gaming!!!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic