Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,781 to 6,800 of 15,874

TheFrenchiestFry

Should a Direct be happening in the next few days it'll probably be either a Direct Mini or a Partner Showcase. Might be a good time to announce the Western release date for SMT Nocturne HD, maybe a new SMT V trailer or some more stuff on Disgaea or MH Rise

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Don

We might get a Pokémon Direct this month. Last year a Pokémon Direct took place the same month.

Don

MPSSislit

@Don
IIRC, usually the Pokémon Direct on Pokémon Day itself (February 27), and last year was the only (recent) exception I can think of.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Don

@SM3DASislit
My bad. I hope we get some really awesome announcements for the 25th anniversary.

Don

jedgamesguy

Interesting... but knowing Nintendo it'll be a Monster Hunter direct (while cool I personally am not really into it...), or a Partner's Showcase, or something out of left field.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry Given we already have a MH Rise event (not a Direct, a Capcom specific event) on Thursday, this week is very unlikely for a Direct. I think January 14th is most likely if any.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MPSSislit

@Don
You're totally fine, I just wanted to let you know. So, that way you wouldn't be disappointed if there wasn't a Pokémon Direct this month.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

DannyBoi

I reckon we get a direct mini(or maybe if general directs aren't dead, a general direct) tommorow. I guess they will announce it at 10:00pm tonight. I reckon we get section dedicated to switch online(improvements, new exclusives, in the style of Tetris 99 coming). Along with various other game announcements. Maybe fall guys is coming to switch, along with the announcement of the switch pro. Wait though. The seeing will come after.

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

BruceCM

But isn't the Monster Hunter Rise thing tomorrow....? I'd agree with those who've said that'll be it this week Maybe a mini next week? If they're still going to have separate partner showcases, there's not likely enough for a general direct

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

link3710

I think they're just going to list the Monster Hunter livestream on the direct archive, and that's all this is.

link3710

FragRed

Looks like no Nintendo Direct this week... So I assume the rumours are going to begin flooding in on a larger and larger basis from next week onwards. Though that fake print out this week suggests this year may have started early - those are the kind of things normally held for E3 rumours.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed As soon as the MH Rise presentation was announced for yesterday there was absolutely no chance of a Direct this week. Though if we get no info on Bowser's Fury next week (Direct or standalone trailer), it's likely the content is very minimal so like if what we saw in the reveal trailer is 1 big level and that's it or if it's some kind of multiplayer mode.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I am expecting nothing more than a shadow drop trailer for that game. I doubt Nintendo put too much effort into Bowser's Fury simply because that game is going to sell incredibly well regardless. I think 3D All Stars has shown Nintendo just how easy it is to create money with Mario right now.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

BenAV

@FragRed You're probably on the money, unfortunately. There's not much point in them putting too much time and effort into extra content if it's not going to generate enough extra sales to justify the effort. As someone who played the game on the Wii U and didn't like it enough to want to play it again, the extra content is the difference between me potentially buying it or not but I'd be in a very small minority there I'm sure.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

FragRed

@BenAV That's the problem. Though Nintendo would love Wii U owners to double dip, I think it is fair to say with so many tens of millions of Switch owners, they can get away with not being too concerned because the sheer number of new customers far outweigh the need to convince you to doubt dip. The first party games also have a high attachment rate so there is no real way of loosing for Nintendo.

BenAV

@FragRed Plus I'm sure a lot of Wii U owners will double dip regardless.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

FragRed

@BenAV Yeah there is also that. Nintendo are riding on a high and there seems to be little need for them to worry about Mario games not selling anytime soon.

BenAV

@FragRed To their credit though, online multiplayer is actually a really good addition to the game (if it works well). I found 3D World to be pretty boring as a single player game but a lot of fun multiplayer with friends so more ways to achieve that is a plus, especially in current times where a lot of people don't have the ability to easily meet up locally.

BenAV

Snatcher

Ya where at 7,000 comments now YAAAAAAAAA.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

Next Nintendo Direct probably after Chinese New Year 2021.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic