Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,801 to 6,820 of 6,888

TheFrenchiestFry

I have a feeling these cloud versions of more graphically intensive third party titles are about to become a common fixture for the sake of making sure Switch continually gets AAA third party support going into next gen. I doubt the rumored new Switch revision will do much to actually bring the console up to the level where it can handle PS5/Series X titles

But the important thing here is you all need to play No More Heroes

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BenAV

Actually glad this one was just a video as the Bravely Default stuff would have put me to sleep if I couldn't skip through it. Not too much to get excited by but I never got around to playing No More Heroes 2 when I bought it on Wii so that's something. I'll try to play it before No More Heroes 3 comes out now.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

link3710

No More Heroes! I'm getting those as soon as they launch.

Also, Part Time UFO was not a game I expected to come this year...

And yay for AoC demo

link3710

BenAV

@link3710 No More Heroes 1 and 2 are already out on the eShop.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Noble_Haltmann

Right again, @Grumblevolcano ! Thanks for being such a great and realistic speculator! 👍

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

LzWinky

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

I have a feeling these cloud versions of more graphically intensive third party titles are about to become a common fixture for the sake of making sure Switch continually gets AAA third party support going into next gen. I doubt the rumored new Switch revision will do much to actually bring the console up to the level where it can handle PS5/Series X titles

But the important thing here is you all need to play No More Heroes

Is that better than getting nothing at all though? It's certainly an option for Switch-only users with a good connection.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Raylax

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElbIEeOU4AAYPFn?format=jpg&na...

Fair to say I liked what they had in the direct. Not planning on playing Control on Switch (I have it on PC), but I am really interested to see how well the cloud gaming works. Cool that they let you download a free 5-min trial to check how it holds up on your connection.

I'm down for more cloud releases if they run well and they're priced right - my only concern is how long these cloud editions will stay accessible for in the long run.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

TheFrenchiestFry

I actually got Control for free on EGS with my purchase of my Dell G5 gaming laptop last year as part of a promo they were doing with RTX laptops

so yeah I've already played it and have no plans to play it on Switch. Same with Hitman 3 seeing as how I've played both 1 and 2 on Steam

Good for those who wanted it, and I imagine this won't be the last instance of these kinds of games coming to Switch. It's nice that it's free as well

TheFrenchiestFry

ianl579

I thought the Direct was great. Gonna be pretty busy this weekend.

AoC demo out now
No More Heroes 1/2 out now
Part Time UFO out now
Control (cloud version) out now
Hitman 3 (cloud version) coming soon
Bravely Default II release date

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Currently Playing: Iconoclasts (Switch)

link3710

@BenAV Woo! Getting it as soon as I get out of work then. That + AoC demo + Part Time UFO should keep me busy.

I also really want Control, but I feel like I shouldn't support cloud gaming on Switch...

link3710

Grumblevolcano

I'd rank the Directs this year from best to worst:
1. March Nintendo Direct Mini
2. January Pokemon Direct
3. August Partner Showcase
4. September SMB 35th anniversary Direct
5. September Partner Showcase
6. February Animal Crossing Direct
7. October Partner Showcase
8. July Partner Showcase

The October Partner Showcase did have some good stuff in it like Bravely Default II info, Age of Calamity demo and No More Heroes 1+2 though the presence of cloud versions of games was disappointing.

Sure it was inevitable to happen at some point given the gigantic gap in power between Switch and PS5/Series X of which a new Switch revision wouldn't resolve that problem (enhancements would likely be more like Age of Calamity running at a stable framerate or Korok Forest in BotW running at a stable framerate) but cloud versions are the point where I'd much rather buy the game natively on XB1 (and then as a result have it on Series X when I finally get the opportunity to get one).

Makes me wonder if this is the reality regarding DOOM Eternal Switch, that it's a cloud version rather that a native Switch port.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

My ranking:

1. July Partner Showcase just because of SMT alone
2. March Direct Mini
3. September Partner Showcase
4. August Partner Showcase
5. SMB Direct
6. October Partner Showcase
7. Pokemon Direct

didn't watch the AC one

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

toiletduck

This was by far the most interesting partner showcase to me so far. Sincerely surprised by some of the good looking titles. Some games I'll keep an eye on (Tropico, Surviving the Aftermath - was that in the UK version?) and I'll give the demo of AoC a try, curious what it's like since the Warrior concept never appealed to me.

I'm surprised by the enthusiasm for the UFO game here. That sincerely felt like shovelware... To each their own, I'm happy for the ones who'll enjoy it.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

RR529

@toiletduck, Part Time UFO is developed by HAL (the Kirby dev) & was well received on Mobile, so that's probably why it's on people's radar.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

I'm going to guess that the rest of the year for Nintendo news will be:

• November - More Age of Calamity info, Animal Crossing update, another batch of NSO titles including DKC3, Indie World
  • December - Nintendo reveals what Bowser's Fury actually is, new Monster Hunter Rise info appears at the Game Awards as well as Monster Hunter revealed for Smash, new Bravely Default II trailer at the Game Awards, multiple cloud versions announced at the Game Awards

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

korosanbo

Raylax wrote:

I'm down for more cloud releases if they run well and they're priced right - my only concern is how long these cloud editions will stay accessible for in the long run.

I wouldn't count on it. Like any streaming service, it'll probably be taken down in a few years

korosanbo

teo_o

My bet is for a direct that announces a new model by the end of this year or maybe january, a full presentation in january, and, i don't know, a launch in march, maybe?
Wait wasn't capcom the rumored company that told nintendo to put some more ram in the orginal switch so they could put the re engine on it? if capcom is so close to nintendo it would somewhat make sense if Monster Hunter Rise releases in the month of the launch of a new system with another version of the game optimized for it. Dunno, just my thoughts at the moment. Also, i'm very suspicious about doom eternal, i say it has forked into two versions: one optimized for the current switch, one for the next.

Edited on by teo_o

teo_o

DannyBoi

It's the switch online services maintenance tonight. Improving it maybe?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

I wonder when is November update for ACNH....

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic