Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,801 to 6,820 of 15,818

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter Why can't people recover after New Year hangover? Some schools around the world restart as early as Jan 4... if the schoolkids made Nintendo Directs instead of science fair projects, we'd have thousands of AA or even AAA games in 2021

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

link3710

@Balta666 3 Green Stars and a stamp for Miiverse (not sure what they'll replace that with). It's basically 3D Land just with larger levels. Not that that's a bad thing exactly?

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's Japanese youtube channel has the Nintendo Direct playlist "updated today", chances are improving for a Direct next week though unfortunately Partner Showcases are also in the playlist so it could just be one of those.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Harmonie

It is probably just a partner showcase. I'm done expecting Nintendo Directs from Nintendo anymore. =(

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

boop23

the sad state of nintendo. what are they even doing man

boop23

BenAV

@boop23 Making lots of money.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

boop23

they dont have a face like with reggie and iwata. now its a bunch of black suits and ties. a shame to see them go this route

boop23

link3710

@dionysos283 Called it! I knew it was just going to be them uploading the livestream.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 No, the most recent video visible in the playlist is the October 2020 Partner Showcase.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JokerCK

Here we go general direct. Just wait for it im calling.

JokerCK

link3710

Hm... Probably an indie world then.

In other news, just found out that apparently Nintendo scooped up pretty much all of AlphaDream's developers when they closed. Which makes sense, the company itself didn't have anything of value.

But it does make me wonder if we'll see a new Mario & Luigi after all.

link3710

GrailUK

With Japan issuing a state of emergency, I of course would welcome a Direct, but I don't see one first half of this year. Their communication has been more immediate since the pandemic and I have no reason to think 2021 will be any different. (They also said they were looking at other ways to communicate stuff. I don't think Directs are very sensible at present as they must take a lot of planning and coordination.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Bolt_Strike

@link3710 I doubt it. If Mario & Luigi is what put them out of business in the first place, they probably wouldn't want to continue. Plus they already have Paper Mario which they can use for an RPG spinoff (even though the recent games haven't been very RPG-like). They probably don't see the series as being worth continuing.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

link3710

@Bolt_Strike Mario & Luigi isn't what put them out of business... Making one incredibly poorly received title (Paper Jam), and a bunch of remakes of games that were already playable on the same system and launched after all software sales had basically ceased was what did it. Bowser's Inside Story is one of the best selling Mario spin-off games not named Mario Kart at 4.65 mil, and Dream Team sold about 2.5 mil. The fact that the last game they released only sold 0.03 mil wasn't an issue with the IP itself, it was poor timing and the decision to make remakes because they couldn't handle an HD transition.

link3710

jedgamesguy

@GrailUK On the bright side at least with the Partners' Showcase you could expect at least ONE presentation every month... the directs seemed random at worst so it's nice to have routine.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic