Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,601 to 6,620 of 7,142

link3710

@Grumblevolcano If they do that, they need to start working on the successor system's game now. Cause... Yeah.

...if it means the next game actually gets proper development time though, I'm all for it. I'll just keep ignoring Pokemon til next gen

link3710

GilbertXI

So...it's the 24th already, and there is no sign of a partner direct for October. Is there anybody smarter than me who saw anything about the direct archive being updated? I was actually starting to enjoy them, 2/3 were great. Don't know if I missed anything.

GilbertXI

Grumblevolcano

@GilbertXI Next week is still October, could be on the 29th for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

Speaking of Partner Directs, they have to know whether or not Bravely Default II is launching this year or not at this point, they'd need to start manufacturing cartridges soon. I wonder when we'll get confirmation either way...

link3710

BruceCM

That, at least, should be announced soon, since SE said they had news for it soon So, that could well be in a partner direct in the next week ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Grumblevolcano

I think the next Partner Showcase will be today. In the discover tab on the UK eshop it says "Pre-order now!" for Bravely Default II but you can't preorder it currently. So I think the Partner Showcase will be a shadow drop like with July and August (Monster Hunter was probably the only reason September's was streamed) with 1 of the headlines being Bravely Default II.

As for release date, I'm guessing early 2021 (no later than March 26th).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Is it 3pm UK time yet ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ianl579

@Grumblevolcano was right on the money.

Edited on by ianl579

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Currently Playing: Iconoclasts (Switch)

TheFrenchiestFry

I have a feeling these cloud versions of more graphically intensive third party titles are about to become a common fixture for the sake of making sure Switch continually gets AAA third party support going into next gen. I doubt the rumored new Switch revision will do much to actually bring the console up to the level where it can handle PS5/Series X titles

But the important thing here is you all need to play No More Heroes

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BenAV

Actually glad this one was just a video as the Bravely Default stuff would have put me to sleep if I couldn't skip through it. Not too much to get excited by but I never got around to playing No More Heroes 2 when I bought it on Wii so that's something. I'll try to play it before No More Heroes 3 comes out now.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

link3710

No More Heroes! I'm getting those as soon as they launch.

Also, Part Time UFO was not a game I expected to come this year...

And yay for AoC demo

link3710

BenAV

@link3710 No More Heroes 1 and 2 are already out on the eShop.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Noble_Haltmann

Right again, @Grumblevolcano ! Thanks for being such a great and realistic speculator! ūüĎć

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

LzWinky

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

I have a feeling these cloud versions of more graphically intensive third party titles are about to become a common fixture for the sake of making sure Switch continually gets AAA third party support going into next gen. I doubt the rumored new Switch revision will do much to actually bring the console up to the level where it can handle PS5/Series X titles

But the important thing here is you all need to play No More Heroes

Is that better than getting nothing at all though? It's certainly an option for Switch-only users with a good connection.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Raylax

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElbIEeOU4AAYPFn?format=jpg&na...

Fair to say I liked what they had in the direct. Not planning on playing Control on Switch (I have it on PC), but I am really interested to see how well the cloud gaming works. Cool that they let you download a free 5-min trial to check how it holds up on your connection.

I'm down for more cloud releases if they run well and they're priced right - my only concern is how long these cloud editions will stay accessible for in the long run.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

TheFrenchiestFry

I actually got Control for free on EGS with my purchase of my Dell G5 gaming laptop last year as part of a promo they were doing with RTX laptops

so yeah I've already played it and have no plans to play it on Switch. Same with Hitman 3 seeing as how I've played both 1 and 2 on Steam

Good for those who wanted it, and I imagine this won't be the last instance of these kinds of games coming to Switch. It's nice that it's free as well

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

ianl579

I thought the Direct was great. Gonna be pretty busy this weekend.

AoC demo out now
No More Heroes 1/2 out now
Part Time UFO out now
Control (cloud version) out now
Hitman 3 (cloud version) coming soon
Bravely Default II release date

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Currently Playing: Iconoclasts (Switch)

link3710

@BenAV Woo! Getting it as soon as I get out of work then. That + AoC demo + Part Time UFO should keep me busy.

I also really want Control, but I feel like I shouldn't support cloud gaming on Switch...

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic