Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,621 to 6,640 of 6,881

Northwind

IceClimbers wrote:

Kirby Fighters 2 has been shadow dropped!

GDI, Nintendo.

Still, whoever it was who predicted it would be a tweet gets a virtual cookie.

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

GilbertXI

@RR529 pretty mediocre, not good not bad. Nintendo is saying that a whole slew of software releases will come out soon, looking forward to that. I hope MP4 is going well, I worry about retro sometimes.

GilbertXI

App

@RR529 Not too bad on its own, not that appealing compared to 2019's lineup.

Jan: New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Feb: Tetris 99
Mar: Yoshi's Crafted World
Apr:
May:
June: Super Mario Maker 2,
July:
Aug:
Sep: Link's Awakening, Super Kirby Clash
Oct: Luigi's Mansion, Ring Fit Adventure,
Nov: Pokemon Sword/Shield, Mario and Sonic,
Dec:

I hope Nintendo continues the pattern of having tons of great games near the end of the year, such as All-Stars.

Edited on by App

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

GilbertXI

This is the third Kirby game so far, right? Pretty good.

GilbertXI

link3710

@GilbertXI Yeah, we get one every year (Well, one was on 3DS during the Switch's lifespan). Though, typically, we get 2-4 small spinoff titles for every mainstream title that releases. We're likely to hit the three year mark on Kirby Star Allies release without the next major title released (it'll be March 2021), which means we can expect the next major Kirby in either 2021 or 2022.

link3710

Noble_Haltmann

I’m sure the next big Kirby game will be some time next year given the usual time periods between releases. It’s actually already been way longer than normal, which is very promising given the director said he’s hoping the next one will be the series’ pinnacle, though it could also be Covid that’s been keeping it. I was actually speculating earlier today that we’d get the double announcement of Kirby Fighters 2 and a teaser reveal for the main series entry coming early to mid next year, but I guess it’ll probably be one of 2021’s big Fall/holiday titles that they love to have so many of these days.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Magician

RR529 wrote:

So if Bravely Default II does hit in December, how do you think Nintendo's 2020 lineup will be remembered in retrospect?

@RR529

2017 > 2019 > 2018 > 2020

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 671 games (as of November 27th, 2020)
Currently playing: Va-11 Hall-A (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

link3710

@Noble_Haltmann I wouldn't say it's been way longer than usual. Of the last 4 main titles, the periods between were always between 2 and 3 years, and right now we're only at two and a half (Star Allies released February 2018).

link3710

Dezzy

RR529 wrote:

So if Bravely Default II does hit in December, how do you think Nintendo's 2020 lineup will be remembered in retrospect:

Well if both Hyrule Warriors 2 and Bravely Default 2 are good (lets say 8/10 type good), 2020 will have been pretty good for a pandemic year.

2017 is obviously still the best, and probably always will be. Then 2019 and 2020 would be about equivalent. Then 2018 is by far the worst.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Northwind

RR529 wrote:

So if Bravely Default II does hit in December, how do you think Nintendo's 2020 lineup will be remembered in retrospect:

Jan: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Encore, Brain Training (in EU)
Feb:
Mar: Animal Crossing: NH, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
April:
May: Xenoblade Chronicles DE
June: Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
July: Paper Mario: the Origami King
Aug:
Sept: Super Mario 3D All Stars
Oct: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Nov: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Dec: Bravely Default II, Fitness Boxing 2

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but this list actually makes me realise how poor this year has been from my personal perspective. I've bought (or will buy, or would buy) six of the thirteen games on this list. Three of those six are ports or remasters of games I've previously played, and in two of the ones I've already picked up I was ultimately slightly disappointed. (That's not to say I disliked them, just that I haven't got the 'AAA' level of enjoyment out of them that I thought I would and that many others have.)

This is my opinion of course, and others may disagree and that's totally ok! (Also, I am actually slightly grateful, because if ever Nintendo was going to have an off year, for it to be the year I was broke as a joke anyway is probably the best I could have hoped for. )

Edited on by Northwind

-Green-

I haven’t bought any switch games this year iirc. 2020 hasn’t been a particularly interesting video game year for me overall.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Anti-Matter

@-Green-
LOL
For my case, i have to pending some Switch purchase due to my current priority on this year is hunting the old Sony games i don't have yet.

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Grumblevolcano

Hmm this week had no Animal Crossing, no Pokemon and no Smash. General Direct next week perhaps?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rexenoboy

@Grumblevolcano
I've seen rumors going around for a Direct on 8th October but that seems kind of late if that's the day they give us more info on the Animal Crossing fall update.
Next week seems more prudent to me.
But I guess a series of separate YouTube videos is also a possibility.

Treasure Acquired

Anti-Matter

SquareEnix at TGS 2020 right now is wasting their time to discuss about FF IX songs and characters biography. 😒
FF IX Remaster in physical release, please !

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Northwind

@Grumblevolcano, this week and next will be marked by the release of the two new amiibo in Smash. My guess is well hear about FP7 shortly after the amiibo drop in NA on the 2nd.

Anti-Matter

Capcom at TGS 2020 , 3 hours later.

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

-Green-

Probably a mini direct at best

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic