Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 15,819

FragRed

Honestly, with the way the world is right now, and how the virus is causing huge problems as well as the pending deep recession we are now heading into, it would make sense for Nintendo to be cautious with how they reveal games. Paper Mario’s reveal was nothing but a shadow drop. I can see Nintendo just doing that again with whatever else they have this year one game at a time. It seems to work as social media spreads the news like a wildfire anyway.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NintendoByNature

Wondering what wayforwards game is. Hoping its a revival of some sort of dormant franchise. Though I really wouldn't be upset if its a new one.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

BabyYoda71

@korosanbo What game are we talking about? I don’t believe I mentioned a game. 😉

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed So you think it'll go like this then?

• Paper Mario releases
  • Nintendo announces a game for late September
  • Late September game releases
  • Nintendo announces a game for late November or early December
  • 2020 ends

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BabyYoda71

@korosanbo Oh, yeah... that’s why I put maybe on that part. It could, but probably won’t.

BabyYoda71

@Grumblevolcano If that happens, I believe the September game would be Mario All-Stars 2, or whatever it’s called. I honestly think that it’s pretty likely when you look at The Oragami King. I do think it will be announced in the coming days, before July is over.

Noble_Haltmann

Personally, I think the Nintendo treehouse live helps the rumors for the direct on the 20th. Because that direct is after the release of paper Mario, they wouldn’t be able to show it off like they are now, and as for the Wayforward game, maybe the studio just wanted it revealed ASAP, or Nintendo wanted to show it off now so people would tune in for paper Mario as well. Or, maybe the upcoming direct is a Mario 35th anniversary one which is why Nintendo’s showing off the big third party stuff now. I guess only time will tell

Edited on by Noble_Haltmann

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Dezzy

Well Nintendo don't tend to like having absolutely nothing on their release schedule, so they'll either announce something else in the next week, or a couple of weeks after Paper Mario.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Or SE gives a date for Bravely Default 2, then that's on the schedule properly ..... They obviously don't want to announce any Mario stuff until after OK is out

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TheAwesomeBowser

I heavily doubt there will be a Direct on the 20th. It's a Monday, and Directs never happen on Monday.

Edited on by TheAwesomeBowser

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

BruceCM

I don't think there will be a direct this year ..... Just pop up a trailer or maybe a little mini direct

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

I was thinking it might be 24 July 2020....

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Maybe a mini? Or a specific Mario one, if there are a few games coming for that .... I'd love to be wrong & they do a proper full direct, so I hope that does happen

SW-4357-9287-0699

FragRed

Fully expecting the rumoured Mario game to be nothing more than 3D Worlds ported over to the Switch and not a remaster/remake of 64, Sunshine or Galaxy like people seem to believe. The pandemic has likely caused huge ripples in their development plans. Even though Nintendo told shareholders that games were still on track, that doesn’t necessarily mean anything as they never announced what these games were or when they were releasing so they could say pretty much anything to create a positive outlook knowing full well the games aren’t releasing this year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

I realise it'sa Mario's 35th Anniversary, but the idea of announcing a bunch of Mario games... straight off the back of another Mario game, feels a bit clumsy. I feel like Paper Mario needs all the Mario-promotion pouring into that for now.

If there's going to be a Mario Collection this year I think it should be a winter release and not announced for a couple of months yet so that Paper Mario gets as much Mario-time as possible.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

BruceCM

Yeah, I noticed that with the reports on their shareholder's meeting, @FragRed .... It seems so unlikely there'd have been NO delays, with all the adjusting to working from home & the obvious extra time needed with that It is exactly what you'd expect them to say in that setting, however. I wouldn't mind trying some of the Marios but I'm not too bothered about them, myself, so it's more for all the fans that are dying for them

SW-4357-9287-0699

FragRed

@BruceCM I just think people are going to be setting themselves up for major disappointment if they are going to believe the rumours flying around right now. And I find that kinda interesting as so many seem to be saying that we shouldn't believe rumours as they're unreliable yet will jump on board with dates for a Direct even though it's a Monday and eat up the whole Mario remasters idea simply because it's the 35th anniversary which being Nintendo doesn't mean anything.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I do think something will happen by July 23rd because the longest gap Nintendo has had with nothing having a release date is 6 days which happened twice:

• December 1st 2017 - December 7th 2017 (Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out on the 1st, December 7th was when Bayonetta 1+2 was revealed with a release date at the Game Awards)
  • March 20th 2020 - March 26th 2020 (Animal Crossing came out on the 20th, March 26th was the Direct Mini which revealed release date for Xenoblade and announced Clubhouse Games with a release date)

I think the July 20th Direct rumour is a lot more likely than complete silence because of this logic, though revealing a game like how Paper Mario was revealed would also work.

The 3D Mario Collection though I've never believed, it's unrealistic by Nintendo standards. It would be nice if it happened but I'm fully expecting it not to happen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

I still think the mario remasters remakes are too good to be true and will not happen. We will possibly get a 3d world port. For the 35th anniversary I think we will get some wallpapers for your phone and desktop via my Nintendo rewards

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I would be more inclined to believe the Direct rumours if the date was for say a Tuesday or Wednesday and not a Monday. I don't see why Nintendo needs a 3 day clearance window to avoid Microsoft's Xbox event. I just don't think Nintendo are too concerned about being overshadowed by what Microsoft are to be showing.

Nintendo has even said as much to their shareholders that they aren't concerned by what the competition are up to and seeing as Nintendo is heavily Japanese focused and Microsoft has no market share over there, it just seems odd to try and now worry about the date to hold a Direct. At E3 Nintendo are the last to have their presentation, but they still only have a few hours between what Sony showcase and their own presentation so it's not like they're not use to this kind of thing.

I think the games we will see this year from Nintendo are definitely to be a port of Super Mario 3D World and something like Pikmin 3 as everything else is internally delayed until next year. Hopefully delays to unannounced games could allow for a more packed 2021, but then maybe not if Nintendo decides to delay the original plans for next year also.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic