Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 16,020

Octane

@StuTwo TBF, the general public will have forgotten about the next gen consoles by the time the holiday season rolls around. People have a memory span of six months tops these days

Octane

Laoak

@link3710 Yes my favourite month of the year is "Match"

{funny quote here}

Laoak

What I want:

• Persona on switch
  • New F-zero

{funny quote here}

link3710

@LetsGoSwitch Yeah, personally I'm a fan of Jone myself.

...I really wish they'd let Critereon or Sega or someone do something with F-Zero since they clearly aren't going to in-house.

link3710

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I try. Yeah, thereโ€™s no more Directs. Now there are only inDirects.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi wrote:

Direct on Wednesday.

Question.
Why are you so anxious without the Direct ?

Anti-Matter

GrailUK

I personally love watching Directs with everyone on Nlife, so I hope we have one sooner than later ^^

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature It happened about 20 minutes ago. I watched it with @GrailUK
We laughed, we cried, we learned some lessons. It was a good inDirect.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

StuTwo

Octane wrote:

@StuTwo TBF, the general public will have forgotten about the next gen consoles by the time the holiday season rolls around. People have a memory span of six months tops these days

That's optimistic. 6 minutes until YouTube recommends a new video about pandas (it's going viral) or someone posts something on Facebook about their lunch or something...

I get that there is a logic to wanting to hold back so you're not forgotten by consumers but I think that's irrelevant to retailers. They need to know more than just vague details, they need to know them much earlier on the in the year than we do and they just can't be trusted to keep secrets.

It's why E3 (with its history as a trade show) is held in June and not September or October (which would make a lot more sense for a consumer show).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

Tomorrow is the last chance for a February general Direct announcement. I don't think it'll happen but we'll have to wait and see.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@StuTwo True, but they already confirmed it's coming this week, and I'm not sure what's communicated to retailers, but those are the important things, they don't really care about the specs.

I mean, I still expect a reveal sooner than later, but I don't think it matters if it happens this month, March or April really.

Octane

Maaryotyme

What a great direct.

Oh wait that was last years

Maaryotyme

jtmnm

Direct? Direct?

Untitled

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Plot twist:
There will be a Direct right after the reveal of new Mystic Pokemon on 27 Feb 2020.

Anti-Matter

Bucky

I think there is some logic in the theory that the coronavirus situation has caused them to delay their planned direct. We continue to see its impact as releases are delayed and some hardware experiences stock issues. It would not surprise me if they are waiting until the situation is under control, everybody is safe, stock issues are resolved, and new release dates are finalized.

Bucky

FragRed

@Bucky That could be a long while. At some point Nintendo would still need to bite the bullet and just announce everything regardless.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic