Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 15,876

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's presence at PAX East is Animal Crossing focused.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Don

I'd put it at 40% likelihood.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Don I'd peg it down below 10%, considering they won't do it during PAX East, so it would have to be on Wednesday. And since it hasn't been announced yet... 10% is being generous truthfully, I don't think it stands a chance.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

DannyBoi

@link3710 They could announce it for Wednesday tommorow.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

1UP_MARIO

Is it here yet

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

yA'LL GOT ANY MORE OF THEM dIRECTS?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Dezzy

@link3710

Where you getting "almost certainly not" from?

Seems fairly possible to me, given that the one of those leakers who said 2 Directs in February, had also said Animal Crossing on the 20th.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Dezzy Well, Wednesday directs are almost always announced on Monday, so that's one strike. General directs have been Thursday bound for awhile so that's another. An Indie World seems more likely if we get anything before PAX. Releasing a direct the day before PAX is bad marketing since news coverage will be distracted the next day.

Also, people have been saying that the direct was going to happen for ages and it hasn't. Plus we just had a direct last week, so that also is another black mark against having one this week.

I don't believe in those leaks. I said we'd have a February 20th AC direct too, does that give me credibility? I'm going with my gut that the next general direct will be April 1st. It's still possible we'll get one this week but I see nothing suggesting its even remotely likely outside of false hopes and people believing random people on the internet.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dang69

Not until March, either a week before or a week and a half after Animal Crossing launches.

Edited on by Dang69

Dang69

DannyBoi

Direct on Wednesday.

Matthew010

@DannyBoi Is that a guess? I'm sure you've said similar things a few times now...

Matthew010

DannyBoi

Here is what I believe will happen. Tommorow a new system update. They announce a direct for Wednesday tommorow. There could be some maintence as well to prepare for system update. A new nintendo switch online exclusive game similar foTetris 99 will be announced in the direct. The direct starts with arms 2 and ends with Breath of the wild 2.

1UP_MARIO

The direct will start with a click and end with a click

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

toiletduck

DannyBoi wrote:

Here is what I believe hope will happen. Tommorow a new system update. They announce a direct for Wednesday tommorow. There could be some maintence as well to prepare for system update. A new nintendo switch online exclusive game similar foTetris 99 will be announced in the direct. The direct starts with arms 2 and ends with Breath of the wild 2.

Ftfy

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

HobbitGamer

DannyBoi wrote:

Here is what I believe will happen. Tommorow a new system update. They announce a direct for Wednesday tommorow. There could be some maintence as well to prepare for system update. A new nintendo switch online exclusive game similar foTetris 99 will be announced in the direct. The direct starts with arms 2 and ends with Breath of the wild 2.

Wait a minute... I thought you were done talking about a Direct...

DannyBoi wrote:

DannyBoi Sun 16th Feb 2020
This is the last I am saying of the direct. There will be two directs this mojth. An animal crossing one on the 20th and a normal direct on the 17th/18th. Nintendo seems to be having two directs a month this year. They had two directs in January. And they will have two this month. That will be the last two directs in a month this year.The next direct will be a big one. The next system update will drop after the direct. It will overhaul the OS, overhaul the Eshop. There will be a lot of games announced. Including the rated ones. They will announce a new online service that has a lot of classic games on it and offer more things. And there will be a direct before the animal crossing direct because there is a Pokemon video on the 27th.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

WaffleKnight

Although Nintendo isn't necessarily obligated to put out a Direct in the next couple of weeks, I think their current lineup is a little lackluster. Animal Crossing isn't really my speed, and games like BotW II and Bravely Default II seem to be quite a while out. I'm hoping for a Direct not because there's a specific franchise or title I want to see announced, but because Nintendo needs some new system pushers to keep their head above the water for the upcoming PS and Xbox consoles.

Edited on by WaffleKnight

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

link3710

And now that you've set up an incredibly unlikely expectation, you'll be upset tomorrow when it doesn't come true. Especially since system updates usually target late Match early April.

link3710

WaffleKnight

@link3710 I honestly don't think they'll put out a Direct this week because of PAX East's focus on Animal Crossing. I do think that a Direct is far more likely in mid-March. Your projection is more likely. The only thing I'd be directly (ha) opposed to is Nintendo waiting until E3 to release a general Direct.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic