Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 16,121 to 16,140 of 17,002

Joeynator3000

@VoidofLight .....there's a second Tomodachi Life?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

@Joeynator3000 Tomodachi Life is the 2nd game in the Tomodachi franchise. The first game was Tomodachi Collection for DS as a Japan exclusive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Joeynator3000 Tomodachi life is the second game, yeah. The original is Tomodachi Collection like Grumble said.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Joeynator3000

....I....completely forgot about that...I remember hearing about it in a video or two. >.>

Anyways yeah, new sequel, or a HD port of the 3DS version, ANYTHING. Just include the make up system from Miitopia on Switch, because that was the main reason why I even gave Miitopia a go after skipping it on 3DS. lol

(just give us the ability to customize expressions, so my Rick Sanchez didn't look weird when he was being sad or angry, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tayrailbridge

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintendo keeps bringing up Pikmin:

Time to get my hopes up! I've had mine shattered so many times as a Pikmin fan it doesn't even hurt anymore lol

In other hopes, I really wish that Bandai Namco's new Ace Combat development team makes a new Ridge Racer game or at least a R4 remake, because most of the crew were responsible for the best games in that series.

Tayrailbridge

PikaPhantom

So far it's looking like we have two Direct announcements already leaked:

• Midori has stated that the Dragon Quest original trilogy remake will appear
  • A relatively unknown Spanish-speaking leaker quote-tweeted Midori's claim of an Apple Arcade game coming to consoles soon by saying it was Fantasian, with an announcement taking place during a Direct (https://x.com/LeakProximidad/status/1795711656460505152), and Midori replied to it with a confirmation

PikaPhantom

VoidofLight

I'm wondering where Midori is getting all of this information from. She said something about MonolithSoft having a new project that's internally codenamed "Legacy."

With Atlus, it made sense for her to know what was going on- but I doubt she has info on all the big gaming companies at the moment. I know there's a fake account that claims to be Midori that made claims in the past that were false.. so is there a chance this could be that?

PikaPhantom

@VoidofLight It's the same account. Midori recently touched a bit upon how she gets her information, even, while saying she isn't a marketing plant for Sega or Atlus. Considering her non-SEGA track record is already proving to be reliable as well, given that she spoke about a Bleach game coming to Switch, I don't think we need to be terribly skeptical.

PikaPhantom

link3710

@Bolt_Strike Frankly, I've been daydreaming about a Kirby 64 remake ever since Star Allies came out. I love Crystal Shards, but it could really use an update to have faster movement and modern graphics. Two new abilities would be great, though that results in 19 new abilities when the original game only had 35. That's probably a lot to ask to integrate, you'd be better off making a new game at that point.

Though... in that case I'd probably ditch Spark for Beam, Needle for Fighter too.

As for King Dedede? They'd simply make it so you ride on his back, like the original, if he's not in the party IMO. No need to complicate matters.

link3710

GrailUK

Isn't it a breath of fresh air not having to be subjected to loads of people speculating a June direct because of past patterns, precedents and errr...something else beginning with p!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NintendoByNature

Yep. Just glad we know it's coming. But will it be at 3pm bst?!?! 😜

NintendoByNature

FishyS

GrailUK wrote:

Isn't it a breath of fresh air not having to be subjected to loads of people speculating a June direct because of past patterns, precedents and errr...something else beginning with p!

It would be Even nicer if we had an actual date.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

VoidofLight

@PikaPhantom Ohh I see, that makes sense. She has multiple sources and actually verifies what they say before even posting their information.

Bolt_Strike

@link3710 Well Kirby 64's abilities are more simplistic than modern Kirby abilities. Abilities have entire movesets with potentially a dozen different moves to animate and test, whereas abilities in Kirby 64 typically just have 1 move. That evens out the sheer number that would be added as a result of adding 2 more base abilities. Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe created 2 new abilities (and also ported Festival from Star Allies) and those had about a dozen moves, adding Leaf and Water along with all of the new combo abilities they would bring would probably not take much more work than that.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FragRed

GrailUK wrote:

Expect daily rumours about exact weeks and dates and leaks of supposed games instead.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

@FragRed Even their predictions are all the same. Copied from the most rife rumours from certain forums and passed off as their own opinion in the vain hope of being right and looking like they know what they are talking about lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Nintoz

Yeah it's nice knowing something's on the horizon!

I do think a really safe bet for this Direct though is a new Mario Party. The timing seems right and it'll be an easy holiday hit for Nintendo.......let's just hope it's actually good!
Having said that it looks as if they've been shifting in the right direction so hopefully that trend will continue.

Nintoz

Grumblevolcano

Interesting, so in the end May 2024 went completely by with no NSO Expansion Pack game (today is the last day of May).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikminMarioKirby

@Grumblevolcano Perhaps they are waiting for the Nintendo Direct? Makes sense to me.

Things we could see for the expansion pack at the Direct:

• some sort of road-map for the rest of 2024
  • DLC for a game (Most likely Mario Wonder, Pikmin 4 possibility)
  • small eShop game for free (Kirby Dream Buffet or something similar) (pretty unlikely)
  • A small batch of N64 Rare games? (DK64, DKR, Banjo-Tooie)

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Mario RPG, and Mario & Luigi Brothership all on one console is LEGENDARY

FishyS

PikminMarioKirby wrote:

• DLC for a game (Most likely Mario Wonder, Pikmin 4 possibility)

That will annoy me so much if they do; everytime they put DLC on expansion pack it makes me want expansion pack less and also makes me want the DLC less. I just hate the idea of renting DLC for a game I own.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic