Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 13,041 to 13,060 of 15,939

Fizza

Adding onto the seemingly endless pile of studio showcases from everyone but Nintendo, a Capcom Showcase just got announced (seemingly by accident) for the 12th!

As NLife's resident Capcom fanboy, I'm certainly extremely excited for this, particularly by the interesting lack of a disclaimer saying that it'll be focused on already-announced games. Ace Attorney 7 perha- **gets shot**

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

Professor_Plumber wrote:

@Fizza Eyyy, as someone who just got into AA, I endorse AA7 reveal!

The dream is for the AA 3DS games to get a trilogy bungle and an AA7 tease.

dysgraphia awareness human

FishyS

@Fizza showcasing 36 minutes of Street Fighter 6 gameplay.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

skywake

With that NSO drop I've changed my position somewhat. I don't think we're getting a Direct this month at all. That NSO drop is just too good for them to just drop it like that if there was a Direct imminent

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

IceClimbers

I bet there will be more Switch related stuff at Capcom's showcase than at Ubisoft's, which is earlier that same day.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@skywake I don't think the NSO drop means anything given the NSO announcements in previous Directs were all big stuff. NES (September 2018 Direct), SNES (September 2019 Direct), N64 + Genesis (September 2021 Direct), Earthbound Beginnings + Earthbound (February 2022 Direct), N64 wave 2 featuring Goldeneye (September 2022 Direct), GB/GBC/GBA (February 2023 Direct).

A NSO drop in the next Direct would've needed something like a new console added, Smash 64, more Rare games or Mother 3 to be in the Direct rather than a shadow drop trailer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

@Grumblevolcano
While not Goldeneye or entirely new platform tier I do think that Harvest Moon and Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble are significant enough they would've been in the Direct if it was soon. Harvest Moon for being a fairly significant NSO release in its own right, Kirby for being a game that has an entirely different control scheme

If there was a Direct next week or something.... would've made sense to hold onto that one

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Grumblevolcano

@skywake Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble was already announced in the February Direct so we already knew it was coming and NSO presence in Directs have always been new announcements. Meanwhile Harvest Moon has this odd situation where the September 2022 Direct announced Harvest Moon 64 for Japan only.

@Professor_Plumber I think E3 2015 was very much a case of spreading announcements out too thin and a few bad timing announcements (e.g. people would've likely been more positive about Federation Force if they knew stuff like Samus Returns was incoming). There were announcements in a June 1st Nintendo Direct Micro, a June 14th Smash Direct, the Nintendo World Championships which were also on June 14th and a few announcements appeared in the Treehouse Live streams after the main E3 Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

....yeah we might be having a Twitter Direct this time round guys XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I'm honestly leaning more towards Direct happening from the trailer (but do think Pikmin 4 Direct is less likely), the only new details revealed is that a character creator exists. Reminds me of the Merry Magoland trailer for Return to Dream Land Deluxe that aired a week before the February 2023 Direct (that Direct announced the brand new Magolor story mode).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

FishyS

With all the Nintendo drip-feeding (is that 4 things already this month?), I feel there is no chance of a full direct. Conceivably a partner or indie showcase still.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

ElRoberico

@FishyS Yeah, I completely agree with this. If there's a chance, it's really small. I want to be wrong, but there's too much showing the opposite.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

FragRed

@Professor_Plumber I look forward to his next rumour about it being delayed to August then September where will proclaim he was correct because there’s always one in September.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TheBigBlue

Man this means nothing. All the subredditors are pumping this up too. Seriously, why do these people even bother saying anything at all if you aren’t somewhat positive or properly informed of a direct happening? Jeff needs to stop with this Direct BS. Mr Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime Trilogy on switch for the September direct. Come on. Since when has Nintendo last held any form of proper direct in July? How would this benefit them. It’s such a dumb idea too. “I’ve heard rumblings” what the hell does this even mean!? Rumors? Riddle me this, Batman, stop saying this nonsense and riling up the community! Speaking in riddles just infuriates me further because this is absolutely worthless information!

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

TheBigBlue

@FragRed oh 150%. I remember when Grubb was dead wrong about the September direct in every way. Same with that goof NateTheHate. I remember what that forum lurker said: “We weren’t wrong because it was a prediction, not a guarantee” or something like that. It’s fine to predict things, but Grubb shouldn’t have put on his stupid cap and said he was (this percent sure) Wind Waker was going to be announced? What even is the point then?

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Grumblevolcano

@TheBigBlue July if true would suggest CoD being a major focus, I'd really hope Nintendo are better than that though.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic