Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,961 to 12,980 of 15,474

StarPoint

Yeah, a pretty solid showcase overall, but probably nothing much that I'll actually be playing. I'm glad to see these events improving in quality over time, though

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

kkslider5552000

All the games look fine and all but that was such a nothing show, even for an indie showcase. Not bad just...here's some games. Ok. Also stands out that there were multiple indie DLCs, so it wasn't even overwhelming with new games.

I am excited for Oxenfree 2 if nothing else, but that's mostly because I know how cool the first game is. Also Rift of the Necrodancer, but that's largely because anyone taking any inspiration from Rhythm Heaven immediately interests me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Indie World directs usually suck. If anything, there were more names here that I recognize than usual: Rift of the Necromancer, Oxenfree 2, and Teslagrad 2 in particular.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

ElRoberico

I guess I'm in the minority aboard the hype train for Rift of the Necrodancer.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Grumblevolcano

I get the feeling Nintendo's going to do a Direct on May 25th. Nintendo's done it before where they've timed Directs very close to Playstation Showcase and Sony has a showcase airing on May 24th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Okami1

@Grumblevolcano hmm, maybe, well have to keep an ear out around Sunday then.

dysgraphia awareness human

Bolt_Strike

Nah, don't think we're getting a Direct until September. When they skip E3, they tend to just stay silent in the summer instead of having a Summer Direct, and I don't think this year will be any different. They simply don't seem to have much left to show before next gen, there's very little games announced for the next few months and they seem to really be coasting on DLC which screams "most of our development is on next gen games". I think we get nothing aside from maybe a Pikmin Direct and/or Partner Showcase for the next 3 months, a September Direct which announces a few small surprises for Fall/Spring, and then next year they reveal the next gen console and that's when we get the next wave of major games.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I truly believe the E3 situation this year is a problem with E3 itself and the convention as a whole is never coming back after that mess. It looked very much like everyone wanted to confirm they're not coming but no-one wanted to be the first to do it.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheBigBlue

@Grumblevolcano unless there is a new console reveal and showcase this summer, I wouldn’t get any hopes up that Nintendo will do a full direct until September. They’ve always got a steady stream of 3rd party stuff going onto the switch, so it’ll probably be another 3rd party partner direct this year. And if not that, perhaps a first party Direct Mini where they reveal more Pikmin 4 stuff before it’s release, announce the first 2 tracks of wave 5 of the MK dlc and the release date, and probably a port or remake. Something like one of those rumoured GameCube games people have been listing off for remasters (for clicks and views of course, but if you believe that stuff then maybe one of those games that have been rumoured will appear, who knows.) and a remake of an older title, probably a japan exclusive fire emblem title, probably Genealogy Of The Holy War because that is the game that comes after the last FE game to get a remake, Echoes. But even that is unlikely. You can believe a full direct is happening, but pretty much identical to last summer, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Anti-Matter

I'm waiting for Wholesome Direct 2023 for upcoming cute indie games.

Anti-Matter

IceClimbers

Yeah I agree with the above posts, we're not getting a full general Direct until September. We'll get a Partner Showcase and maybe a Pikmin 4 Direct in the mean time, with Twitter drops for everything else (MK8D Wave 5, NSO updates, amiibo, etc).

If they have any games launching in August or September, those will likely be announced via Twitter sometime in June/July, but otherwise we'll see new games announced in the September Direct.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano I agree that E3 itself is the problem and it's probably dead, but that doesn't mean Nintendo is going to substitute in their own Summer Direct. They may have only done a Direct during the summer at E3 because of how big E3 used to be. When E3 doesn't happen, they've never had a full-fledged Summer Direct, so they may have only felt obliged to have one during the Summer because of E3. Absent of E3 Nintendo, for whatever reason, seems to believe a Spring and Fall Direct is sufficient to market their games throughout the year and is perfectly content to let Summer pass them by without making major announcements. So I think Nintendo staying silent until September is the new normal in a post-E3 world.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

@dionysos283
As much as E3 is dead and there's no reason to go big for this time of the year anymore I think we do still get the big mid-year Direct. So yeah, I think that news about Mario Kart 8 DLC is something that'll be in there. Probably not TOO much else but. I know it's almost a meme at this point but, I feel like the tail end of this year would be a good time for Wind Waker HD or similar.... although I would personally hope for something more along the lines of an Oracle of Seasons/Ages HD

@Professor_Plumber
Going backwards in time with E3 Directs? Yeah, should be fun seeing you go back into the Wii U era. With that said, I honestly quite liked the Wii U era for Directs. At the time I never really felt like they were quite as bad as people made out. Now the late Wii era E3 showcases on the other hand.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 I'm leaning more towards a standalone announcement of wave 5. I feel wave 5 will be announced before June 8th because of the Tour side of things (Waluigi Mii outfit tease resulting in GCN Waluigi Stadium announced for Tour on June 8th and Nintendo has always had at least 1 track exclusive to the Booster Course Pass at all times) but next week is Summer Game Fest and the final MH Rise digital event.

Which leaves 3 options in my mind:
1. General Direct announced today for airing tomorrow (would be odd given the mention of "soon" in the tweet)
2. Wave 5 is announced on its own
3. The Waluigi Mii outfit tease turns out to not be a Waluigi Mii outfit and is instead a different purple Mario character (I've seen some speculation it could be Swoop instead as its wings are purple) so GCN Waluigi Stadium remains exclusive to the pass for at least 2 more weeks

If it's point 2 I don't think we'll see a general Direct this summer given how the Booster Course Pass has appeared in every general Direct since its existence. But if it's point 3, I could see a general Direct in late June/early July.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

jump

I really liked the puppet Star Fox Direct so I will declare Wii U era Directs as the best ones.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

cchhaasseerr

I expect a Direct in June, possibly shadowdropping Metroid Prime 2/3 and announcing MP4 for Holiday season or 2024.

Nintendo can't ride on Pikmin 4 alone until September.

cchhaasseerr

GrailUK

@cchhaasseerr August is traditionally dead for video games. It's the summer.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

cchhaasseerr

@GrailUK I am talking about announcements rather than releasing something big in the Summer. Apart from Pikmin they have nothing to keep people interested in Nintendo.

cchhaasseerr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic