Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,981 to 13,000 of 15,874

GrailUK

@cchhaasseerr Well, I hope you are right. Whilst it's not like they will release Pikmin 4 without a fanfare, I don't expect a Direct till September. But like I keep saying, I am always wrong and happy to be surprised. Either way, the next Direct is either going to be amazing because everything will be new or increase speculation on new hardware because it's mostly dlc lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

Everyone forgetting and/or dismissing the Baten Kaitos I & II HD remaster should be ashamed.

Pffft, fair-weather fans.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

@Magician I have my pre order already. I tend to forget about it until it's in my mitts

FragRed

Definitely not going to be a Direct this week. I still think we won’t get one until September but will get some kind of shadow drop announcements. Probably a bunch of smaller games or ports/remasters which wouldn’t be hype enough for a Direct.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

Yeah I think we'll get a game or two announced for August/September on Twitter, as well as Wave 5 of the Mario Kart DLC and the Splatoon 3 Side Order DLC, the latter of which I think will launch alongside the next content season in September just in time for the game's anniversary.

The rest of the year will get announced in the September Direct.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TheBigBlue

@cchhaasseerr I come bearing news from two months in the future, and let me say this:

I’m so sorry

Why do people assume Nintendo will drop everything they want them to anyways? Prime 1 doesn’t automatically confirm the other two. If it did, then the whole trilogy would have been put on the switch. Prime 4 is also a giant maybe. People have been saying that game will come every single year since it’s announcement.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Grumblevolcano

My predictions for the June - September Nintendo lineup

• June - MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 5, Metroid Prime 2
  • July - Pikmin 4, Mario + Rabbids DLC 2
  • August - Baten Kaitos 1+2, Splatoon 3 Side Order (the next Splatoon season update will be release August 31st)
  • September - Metroid Prime 3, MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 6

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheBigBlue

@Grumblevolcano This is pretty realistic. But the prime games are a maybe. If they other two games are to be remastered, it would probably take two more years before we see them again. If Nintendo simply wishes to port them, than they could pop up here and there. Prime 3 has Wiimote exclusive Controls, so it would take longer than the first two games to put on switch. I dearly hope people aren’t rushing the other two prime games, the controls still need to be adjusted for switch. Skyward Sword HD wasn’t released within a small timeframe, as we know. The other two prime games will have their time taken.

cchhaasseerr

@TheBigBlue The same person who leaked Metroid Prime Remaster also mentioned 2 and 3 are coming at a later date.

I thought it was pretty obvious Nintendo is setting the stage for MP4 by releasing remaster and then Fusion shortly after ... With Zero Mission probably coming there in the upcoming months.

Edited on by cchhaasseerr

cchhaasseerr

JONOFTHEJONS

I just want a partner direct showing Sniper Elite 5 running on Switch. Persona 3 Remake would also be nice.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Not sure why Baten Kaitos is on there. That's a Bandai Namco release in its entirety, not a Nintendo release.

Don't think we're getting Prime 2 and 3 anytime soon. I think it'll be Pikmin 4, Mario Kart DLC Wave 5, Splatoon 3 Side Order DLC, and maybe some other 1st party release in September.

I think they push Wave 6 of the Mario Kart DLC to October/November.

Edited on by IceClimbers

psychoBrew

cchhaasseerr wrote:

I expect a Direct in June, possibly shadowdropping Metroid Prime 2/3 and announcing MP4 for Holiday season or 2024.
Nintendo can't ride on Pikmin 4 alone until September.

I predict Metroid Prime Four (along with the next super Mario title) will be released on the next Switch during it's first year in a similar fashion to what happened with Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey on the Switch.

psychoBrew

Magician

IceClimbers wrote:

Not sure why Baten Kaitos is on there. That's a Bandai Namco release in its entirety, not a Nintendo release.

@IceClimbers

Second party, Switch exclusive. I don't see it listed for other platforms.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

IceClimbers

@Magician The Baten Kaitos IP is owned by Bandai Namco, not Nintendo. It being Switch exclusive doesn't mean anything. It's a 3rd party exclusive.

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I included it because it was developed by a studio Nintendo owns (Monolith Soft).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

I think we'll get a Pikmin Direct but a main one will probably be September. You don't spend 6 years developing a game then listen to folk wanting something else 2 weeks after it's released lol.

TheBigBlue

@cchhaasseerr these so called leakers didn’t say how far in the future. Like I said before, it’s a matter of “Prime 2 and 3 (or just prime 2) are getting remastered” “one or both of them are getting HD ports” or those games just aren’t coming to switch. If the two games are being “remastered” then they will take much longer, because working on a remaster takes longer. Prime Remastered took years to make, even with the when of smaller companies. HD ports are more realistic, and they probably do exist. I don’t know that though. And hell, who is to say those two games are even coming to the switch? WarioWare Get It Together is on the switch. Does that mean Game And Wario, Smooth Moves, and Twisted are coming too? No. F-Zero games are on the switch. Does that mean we are getting a new one? Those are just a few examples, there is no guarantee the other two prime games are coming to switch. People just wind themselves up. On the other hand, you said the same people that “leaked” prime 1 remastered said the other two games are coming as well. See, I just don’t trust these leakers. They never give any concrete rock solid information, it’s always useless throwaway information that’s either dead wrong or so safe and obvious that anyone could have guessed it. Metroid Prime for switch was a rumour since even before Prime 4’s announcement, but that’s about when the rumours started heating up. Back in 2018, there were all these “leakers” like that fool Grubb that kept going on about how Metroid Prime Trilogy HD would be arriving that year. When that didn’t happen, the leakers backtracked and said “oh actually, the Trilogy is coming to switch in 2019 instead. Yeah, that’s what we were saying!” You can check this yourself, Nintendo Life has articles in the archive that basically document the years of Prime Trilogy on switch rumours, like that supposed “the release date got leaked by an Indian retailer” or something like that. And basically the same thing year after year after year until 2021 when the Prime 1 remastered stuff caught ablaze. Sure there were still prevalent Trilogy rumours, but once that Emily whatever here name is person said that Prime 1 was being remastered for switch, every single living soul in the rumour and leaks community scrambled over themselves to say “yes this is true, I can “confirm” this for myself!” Trying to get their name out there for clout and credibility. Take Jeff Grubb, a known video game “insider” and “leaker” as people call him. Surely he knew from the Emily lady (the person who said Prime 1 was real first) that it was true that Prime 1 at least existed for the switch. He just got every single other thing wrong. He got the release date wrong. He was one of those people saying Prime Trilogy Hd was coming to switch every single year, until he switched up to the Prime 1 thing. Eventually the game did come out, but why are people saying the game exists when Nintendo haven’t announced it yet? What is the point? What if it never existed? People would still believe and cry at Nintendo for not releasing a game they never said would come to the Switch. If it happens, it happens, I always say.

Anyways, sorry for that college essay rant. I’m just so bloody tired of these stupid Prime remastered rumours I could hit my head off a brick wall. “Rumours” don’t mean anything. People just want their fame and clout. I’m not saying Prime 2 and 3 for switch don’t exist, I’m saying don’t say they exist based off some stupid unverified rumors. They give false hope. Trust me, I’ve been tricked before, a lot of people have.

Please don’t take a shot every time I say rumour. I just lacked a better word for it, haha

TheBigBlue

@GrailUK is Pikmin that big of a franchise to get its own direct? Seriously, I don’t think we need a Direct for every somewhat big first party switch release. We knew next to nothing about Tears Of The Kingdom for years. We never got a dedicated direct, we never needed one. A single overview trailer and a final trailer before launch got everybody invested, even the ones who kept saying TOTK was just reused assets and expensive DLC. Pikmin will probably get the same. One more trailer before release, and a few after, like an accolades trailer or something as promotion for the game.

GrailUK

@TheBigBlue It's a Miyamoto game. They tend to be a big deal in Nintendoland

Grumblevolcano

@TheBigBlue A Pikmin 3 Direct happened in the Wii U era and most franchises that got a Direct to themselves back then also got it in the Switch era so there's a good chance of a Pikmin 4 Direct. Not guaranteed though as there are exceptions like Bayonetta (Bayonetta 2 got its own Direct meanwhile Bayonetta 3 and Origins didn't).

As for Metroid, my thinking all along has been that if Prime 4's story follows on from the Prime 3 100% ending they'll bring over Prime 1-3 before Prime 4 launches and at the moment I feel that Prime 4 will be an early 2024 release like February. I will say though, I'd be very surprised if the Prime 4 re-reveal happened outside a general Direct. It very much has that Direct closer aura to it much like TotK.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic