Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 581 to 600 of 627

rallydefault

@jump
They got ya! lol

We all knew it was too good to last. Like that one time I ordered something online and the website didn't bill my credit card for like 3 weeks. But they still got me in the end haha

rallydefault

roy130390

I expected to see more activity in this thread since the DLC just came out. Personally, I'm really enjoying it and I think that while people might have being expecting more characters, I enjoy the "quality over quantity" approach of this game. The bike is the best thing ever, I didn't enjoy to use Zelda that much until now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

VoidofLight

I kind of gave up on the game after beating the story. It was fun, but it destroyed my fingers.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

@roy130390 The DLC's structure is such that if you haven't progressed enough in the base game, most of the DLC is unavailable to you like vicious monsters are around level 80. I completed most of the base game back in November (couldn't complete Siege of Fort Hateno, rest was all unlocked and completed) so I was able to experience the DLC but someone who for example had only completed the story wouldn't be able to play most of the DLC.

Did manage to complete Siege of Fort Hateno when tackling the DLC after realizing the timer only counted down when a Guardian was in the base so taking it really slow killing every Guardian before defeating the bosses made it a lot easier.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Actually, the dlc is also structured to help you if you haven’t completed the game. With the earliest dlc missions giving you rewards like “increased guardian drops” and “ability to purchase apples”.

So it’s meant to open up as you progress through the main game, but at the same time, giving you little rewards to speed up that process.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rallydefault

@IndoorHero
It's a fantastic game, like honestly one of the more enjoyable games to just kick back with in the last year or so. Tons of stuff to do, too. I'm not hardcore enough to pour the hundreds of hours into it like some people, but it will certainly be worth the money.

rallydefault

Eel

Yeah, HW:AoC does in 100 hours what HW:DE did in 1000.

Which I guess might be either good or bad depending on the person.

Bloop.

kkslider5552000

I adored Hyrule Warriors, but hearing AoC isn't so absurd with how much time is spent on it makes me so happy. Especially now, having not gotten to it yet despite buying it half a year ago, and seeing all these other must own games in my near future.

Hyrule Warriors on Wii U is one of my most played games ever, almost certainly top 10. I did not buy any DLC and didn't even finish all the content there despite that. And it did feel like it wasted my time and expected me to grind at times. Huge thumbs up for less wasting my time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rallydefault

@DomGC @Eel
100 hours is still a bit beyond me. I think I have about 30 in it right now. Only game on Switch I have over 100 hours is BotW (fittingly lol).

We'll see, though. I'm definitely gonna get the DLC. It's a great game!

rallydefault

Eel

@rallydefault Well I was being generous by including the dlc. You can complete the entire base game content in under 70 hours, and beat the story mode in much less.

Can't wait to see what's the new content in the upcoming dlc pack. They seem to be imitating the BotW dlc structure, so I have high hopes for the second pack.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Mansa

Same here. How is the strategical impact of the game? Is there a way to command teammates and grunts to tackle tasks?

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Eel

@Mansa if the mission allows for multiple playable characters, you can command the ones you’re not currently using to travel to specific locations and follow other units/enemies. When they reach their destination they’ll spend their time doing the occasional attack, and can defeat enemies, but they’re not nearly as efficient as the player.

It’s mostly useful to send them to the next important spot, so you can quickly swap to them later.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Mansa

So that sounds pretty identical to the first game, which is a bit of a bummer. But I'll totally pick this game up after I beat some other stuff I'm playing.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Imnothere

Did anyone else lose the Raise Weapon-Level Limit from the Blacksmith when updating the game to 1.2.0? I was able to raise my weapon-level limit to 25 before the update but lost it after the update. I'm just hoping that when I get the mission to raise the limit to 30 it will come back. This is without the DLC installed.

Imnothere

Henmii

As cool as Link with the Guardian nunchucks looked in the E3 trailer, I am not really feeling the dlc just yet. Might buy the dlc in the future, just not now.

Henmii

jedgamesguy

@Henmii My thoughts more or less are the same. As with Breath of the Wild they promise story content for the second wave so if this doesn’t entice me that may.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Henmii

@TheJGG

Yeah, I am more interested in that, though I have yet to finish the main-story.

Henmii

Ryu_Niiyama

Question: where are the supposed framerate drops that had people up in arms? I’m nearly 40 hours in and I am not having any issues….

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FroZtedFlake

They aren't anything terrible, @Ryu-Niiyama people just wanna complain, the two-player mode is like unplayable though, sooo laggy. Other than 2p mode, I only had a couple other situations where I got framerate drops, usually with lots of lightning, explosions, crowds, or a good mix.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic