Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 521 to 540 of 627

rallydefault

@jump
I think that would be pretty cool. I heard there is a secret ending for AoC that contains something potentially big for the plot, but I want to earn the ending for myself instead of looking at it on the internet. That's probably gonna take me a few more days.

See, one of the big things that confused me was how malice Terrako was even a thing. I know in the beginning cutscene you have some of the malice fly through the portal, but I couldn't wrap my head around how there were suddenly two Terrakos. But then I figured that you have the time-traveling Terrako, and then the Terrako that already existed in the past that the malice latched onto.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

jump

@rallydefault Yeah that sounds like you got it but you need to remember what the great Doctors say about time travel,

Untitled

The pic isn't coming through so here's the clip;

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

AoC can be continued within its own sub series if they want, we already have a happy ending so it's not necessary. I think vanilla BotW deserves to be continued.

References to the alternate time line would cool though.

And yes when the "BotW" Terrako traveled to the past and brought malice with it, the "AoC" Terrako was still stored in that same box in Zelda's studio, and it was an easy target for the malice.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Henmii

Is it just me or are the stages very long (longer then in the original Hyrule warriors) and it gets very hard too? It starts out very simple, but man does it get hard! Take the devine beasts liberation stages for example. They are long, I couldn't find my way properly, you completely run out of time that way. The stage with Rudania I had to reset 4 times...insane!

Henmii

rallydefault

@Henmii
I only had to reset one battle, and that was like the second Rudania or something, so I agree with you on that. His blocking mechanism is sooooo bad compared to the others.

For the actual battles I've only played on normal, though, and I would replay old missions all the time to get more materials for the side quests so much that Link felt totally overleveled and overpowered for the story missions. Maybe you're playing on the higher difficulties, though.

rallydefault

Eel

Most of our time playing multiplayer, our strategy was designating someone to handle the missions and the other one would go seek the koroks and chests. So if you guys ever find someone willing to play and don't mind a few dropped frames, it makes it a lot faster!

In divine beast battles, the second player also gets their very own reticle and can shoot. Though it's hard to aim because the other player has control of the camera, and your reticle moves with it.

Another tip for multiplayer: The slow-mo camera that shows up when you open your items and runes menus? That absolutely happens in multiplayer too, but the other player can still move at normal speed. You can use it to give your partner an extra second or two to react. (of course both players need to be close by for the effect to happen, it won't affect the entire map at once).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Henmii

@rallydefault,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I meant the level where you have to reach Rudania to help Daruk. To reach the yellow dots you have to properly read the map. And I find that very hard, I just kept running around the place. I managed eventually, but it was hard. Also, Windblight (maybe the easiest blight in botw) was super hard this time. I play on normal. As of speaking I have severaly leveled up Link, thanks to all the side-missions and quests. And I have leveled up the master sword.

I have a question about gear though: Is it only cosmetical? Because I always use the knights armor, and don't see a reason to use the other stuff that I unlocked.

Henmii

Eel

Yes, these are just costumes. They don't offer any perks, besides making Link look fabulous.

You can mix and match, and recolor them, to make something that suits you taste.

About these missions, don't forget you can order your playable allies to travel to specific spots when you're not controlling them. If you're ever lost, just send someone else and switch to them when they're there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

1ofUs

It's a shame you can only switch link's outfits

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

rallydefault

@Henmii
Gotcha. Yea, as other said, the outfits are just outfits - no stats associated.

rallydefault

Eel

@1ofUs Yeah they could've done a bit more for the other characters. Besides Link, Zelda only has three options, and the Champions can only toggle between their regular outfits and their champion-blue ones. And that's it.

Imagine if they had made it possible to use some of the armor sets with at least Zelda, that would've been fun.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

FroZtedFlake

It sounds like the DLC may give us some more outfits so that'll be cool it said more vignettes too so maybe dark terrako skin?

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

FroZtedFlake

Ah, I thought it meant colors haha

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Eel

Yeah the costume and weapon for Link are the purchase bonus. It's possible the challenges and levels from the other packs could come with costumes as rewards, I suppose. Though it doesn't seem to be their focus either way.

"New battle skills for existing characters" sounds intriguing, could be new playstyles (weapon types).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

1ofUs

@Eel BARBARIAN ZELDA

Twitter:

Eel

@1ofUs Barbarian Zelda, Gerudo Zelda, Zora Zelda, Dark Zelda, Hyrule Warriors Zelda Zelda, Ancient Zelda, etc.

Ah, all the missed opportunities!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

1ofUs

@Eel barbarian revali would be priceless

Twitter:

FroZtedFlake