Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 501 to 520 of 627

rallydefault

This game has been super weird for me. The first 20ish hours were meh, but now I'm on hour 35 and can't stop. I think I'm pretty near the end; I just unlocked a new character and a new "form" (no spoilers), and I love both of them. I don't want the game to be over now lol

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault love the game from start to finish and the story gets really cool where you're at. Hope you enjoy the rest.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea there has definitely been a lot of moments in the story where I'm like... wait a second... lol

So I can't wait to see how this wraps up.

rallydefault

FroZtedFlake

I actually just finished the main story yesterday but I still want to do some after story stuff Amazing game tho, best Musou I've played

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

FroZtedFlake

Mipha, Link, and Sidon main here btw

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault yea its pretty cool at least to me. I did have to look up some theories after to see what people thought. It was my goty 2020 even though I didn't play til 2021 lol

NintendoByNature

Eel

It took me and my brother about 70 or so hours to fully complete the game in co-op.

I really wish we had done it on my file though! I played it so much with him that now I don't feel like completing mine.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rallydefault

@FroZtedFlakerZz
Nice! I do like Sidon. Urbosa is definitely my favorite, though. I love the button mashing on some of her strong attacks and the timing of the sparks and charge. I love the characters that just wade in and go toe-to-toe.

@Eel
Honestly I can see myself putting another 35 hours into this easily. It's like a switch flipped after 20 hours and it's just so much fun now. I'm going to beat it tonight or tomorrow, though, because 3D World is coming in the mail.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

rallydefault

Sorry for the double post, but I just finished and LOVED the ending. What a great game! I started on the post-game stuff as soon as the credits were over lol

Are we allowed to talk plot stuff here or are we still in spoiler territory?

rallydefault

jump

@rallydefault It came out months ago so I say go for it but if you're worried just use a spolier tag.

I found it too timey wimey myself and would have preferred a proper connection to BOTW.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

@jump
Ok yea, so that's basically what I was wondering. I kept thinking that things would somehow connect by the end, but it wound up pretty much being an alternate timeline, right?

rallydefault

Eel

Yup, basically Terrako being present and active both speed up the calamity (since some malice traveled back with it), and gave the heroes early access to the divine beasts and a whole new array of powers and advantages that the original timeline heroes did not have. I think it was a good way of giving us a new original take on the story we knew, a winning scenario for the player, without messing with the events of BotW directly.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

jump

@rallydefault yep, there’s 20 secs at the start before it becomes an alternative timeline. It’s a happy ending but one of the side affects of their actions is that the Nazis win WW2 now in this new timeline which they conveniently ignore! ;p

There’s been no talk of the DLC announcement, I’d imagine it’s because of the lack of info but it’s still surprising given how popular AOC turned out to be. Tbh I will give it a miss, I never end up finishing all of the DLC on Warrior games anyway but if they get a good enough new fighter I could change my mind.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Eel

Well, we know the first pack will likely be centered around the scientists and new challenges.

The second pack sounds like a story addition.

Bloop.

Eel

I’m almost sure the first pack will give us the scientists and the Yiga guy. Not sure about Astor, but it’s possible.

I expect the second part to be new characters.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

rallydefault

Ok, so really not all that complicated at the end of the day.

rallydefault

jump

I doubt it but I wonder if Hyrule Warriors AOC is actually cannon with BOTW2 rather BOTW so the timey wimey story isn't so meaningless and BOTW2 is dealing with the fall out of their history changes?

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic