Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 221 to 240 of 627

Dezzy

Cool to see Lon Lon Ranch. Seems like they've made quite a lot of effort to create locations we never got to see.

We still haven't seen the castle town area I don't think though.

I'd also love to see that Akkala Citadel place. In BotW, that's where they say everyone retreated to after they fail to defend the castle.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

They've actually shown glimpses of the Akala Citadel already. The Akala region in general will be interesting to see in this one, perhaps we will see the original Tarrey Town.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@Eel

I only saw a shot from the distance where it was on fire. I mean I wanna see the actual in-game level cos I wanna see the area fully designed and fortified.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

dionysos283

I find it astonishing that BotW (a game developed for the Wii U) consistently looks better than Age of Calamity (a game developed 3,5 years into the Switch's lifespan). The difference is not huge, but noticeable imho.

dionysos283

Octane

Does anyone find it weird that they copied Lon Lon Ranch straight from OOT? In every Zelda game, the locations always shift around, things look different in every game, even if they are implied to be the same character, building, or object. Just look at how Hyrule Castle has a different layout in pretty much every Zelda game it's in. But Lon Lon Ranch is exactly the same as it was in OOT

Octane

Octane

@status-204 In the sense that it's just the Warriors engine with Hyrule and the Zelda characters copy-pasted in, yes. But pretty much every Warriors game is a budget spin-off of itself

Octane

Octane

@status-204 I kinda feel the same way. I didn't really enjoy Hyrule Warriors, or the entire Warriors gameplay in general. If I'm going to play it, it's only for the story (which I hardly cared about in BOTW), so I may as well look it up on YouTube. Maybe when it's a tenner a few years down the line.

Octane

Eel

The layout of the ranch was identical to the original Lon Lon ranch in BotW as well. Mostly because the layout itself is the reference. In BotW it wasn’t named directly or implied in other ways, it just happened to be the ruins of a ranch that looks like that.

The graphics also need to be simpler in some aspects because this is a warriors game, it has to focus on keeping hundreds of characters on screen.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

link3710

@dionysos283 Of course it looks better. Any game that has hundreds of AI characters on screen at any given time is going to have to make graphical sacrifices compared to a game that doesn't, but uses the same art style and models, while also having half the development time and probably less than half the resources.

link3710

JoyBoy

Looks good to me. The only thing that might bother me is the surprise pop in of an entire army in front of you.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

chipia

I'm honestly disappointed with what I've seen so far.
After Persona 5 Scramble I expected this would also be a Warriors/RPG hybrid with exploration sections and dungeons, to make it feel more like an actual Zelda game with Warriors elements rather than another Warriors reskin.

chipia

MPSSislit

I'm a little confused about weapons in HW: Age of Calamity.
I heard people in different articles regarding it about weapons breaking in Age of Calamity, but I couldn't tell if they were being serious or not.
That being said, will there be breakable weapons in Age of Calamity or not?
I'm sorry if this has already been answered in this forum.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

chipia

So the demo is out now.
What are your impressions?

chipia

Eel

The demo is amazing and seems to be rather meaty too.

However it concerns me that Latin American Spanish is not an option for audio, I really hope that’s just a demo thing. Because I’d love to continue with the same voices I heard in BotW.

Bloop.

link3710

@Ninjalaislit Only certain weapons break, like the Fire Rod. They function more like temporary boosts than as main weapons you use.

@chipia Demo is super fun. I'm struggling (which is probably a good sign) to pull off all the new tech. My brain's so wired for the original Hyrule Warriors, but this game plays VERY differently, despite using similar core controls. Everything's rebalanced and there's so much new things to learn just with Link and Impa (I haven't played mission 2 yet)

Also, this is a stupid thing, but I love how boosting characters is now done with each level having a bit of flavor text describing how that character is helping out around the world. It's just so much more immersive than going into a screen and checking for which characters you have the materials to upgrade them.

Storywise, we now know how they're handling the discrepancies people have been pointing out, time travel. Done in a fairly typical Zelda fashion as well (it definitely gave me a Skyward Sword vibe, but I'll have to compare them directly later). So yeah, there's an explanation for why everyone has access to the runes in this game, but I don't think the time travel will have too many other consequences, as in this will still lead directly into the events of BotW despite that.

link3710

Eel

I do hope the full game has the option to change the controls. Because I am also used to the original HW layout.

If you think about it, the poor little guardian is probably stuck in an endless time travel loop. Like the dog in Ghost Trick. Hopefully we’ll have an alternate happy ending for him.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

JokerCK

@status-204 Nintendo is releasing their worst playing game yet ???? Okay sir.

JokerCK

Eel

Ok phew, it has been confirmed by Nintendo that the full version will have Latin American Spanish audio.

Crisis averted!

Bloop.

1UP_MARIO

The demo is big. I enjoyed the hour I played and wasn’t finished.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

link3710

@Eel On one hand I doubt it, on the other hand, we do have confirmation from Nintendo that the options menu isn't complete since Latin American Spanish audio is missing. So I'll just say, if it really bugs you system-level remapping is an option.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic