Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 201 to 220 of 627

Eel

@Northwind From what I hear is not that it's necessarily a "big top secret character", the gamexplain videos make it sound it like they just meant something more among the lines of "we will reveal a new playable character tomorrow!"

And they don't really mention an 8 character limit, just that with the one they'll reveal today it'll be a total of 8 so far.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

I have 4 guesses:
1. Calamity Ganon (like in Hyrule Warriors you'd experience the story from both good and evil, in this case the final battle would likely be from the perspective of Ganon)
2. Kass or his teacher (blurry on the details, whichever makes more sense given the time period)
3. Original characters from the first Hyrule Warriors like Lana and Cia get added into the Zelda canon
4. Hestu

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rexenoboy

I'm thinking it will be either the King or Kass.
Can't see a playable Calamity Ganon working within this story.

Treasure Acquired

jump

People are over simplifying the bad guys win at the end. You already see it ends on a note of hope rather it than being a bad guy physically beating the good guys into defeat.

I will be surprised if people are playing AoC without playing BOTW, Hyrule Warriors is a niche genre and BOTW was a HUGE selling game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rexenoboy

@Northwind
Because Calamity Ganon is a "presence" rather than a fully formed being, much like the Eye of Sauron from The Lord of the Rings.

Treasure Acquired

dionysos283

The presentation has already happened and no 8th character was shown. It was probably a mistranslation and they meant "new gameplay of a character", which is Daruk.

dionysos283

jump

I’d imagine there has to be more than just a roster of 7 characters even if some are just unlockable after the story mode. That would be surprisingly small given how big the roster can get in these games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

@Northwind most casual gamers won’t realise it’s a Zelda game as it hasn’t got Zelda in the title.

The free wooden sword thing is meaningless to be honest.

Nicolai wrote:

Dezzy

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it yet, but you CAN use the glider:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

It'll be interesting to see just how they do handle the ending & to see the reactions of anyone who ends up getting it knowing nothing about the BotW story, @Northwind ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

Most people playing Age of Calamity will have played BotW but there will be some that haven't. Just like other prequel games such as Halo Reach (Halo CE prequel) and Torna (XC2 prequel).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rexenoboy

@jump
I agree with @Northwind . I never worked at a retail store myself but I know someone who does and the stories he's told me are baffling to say the least. One time he told me about this kid coming into the store of about 15-16 years old. He buys some PS4 games and leaves the store. A couple hours later he comes back into the store all angry about his PlayStation not being able to play the games he just bought. After a couple of questions back and forth it turned out he had a PS3. This was a month or so after the PS4 launched and he had no idea a new console got released. Even the PS4 branding on the box didn't make him think twice. Some people are completely unaware of what they buy, even some from the core demographic. They go into a store, look at some box arts, pick up whatever they think is cool or recognize some names they've heard before, and buy them without a second thought.

Remember the marketing disaster that was the Wii U? Same thing, people didn't understand it was a completely new console and not a Wii accessory.
And it has happened again very recently with the pre-orders of Xbox Series X/S. People buying Xbox One X/S thinking it's the new one.

There'll always be people who buy stuff not knowing what they're buying. The second hand market is proof of that. Games are being sold second hand the same day as its release day. How do you explain that if they weren't impulse purchases?

Edited on by Rexenoboy

Treasure Acquired

BruceCM

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some people do pick this up with very little idea what it's really about .... If they haven't played BotW or been around places talking about it, they wouldn't know about how that starts, since it's not the sort of point talked about much

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

Considering it is a self contained war (as in Hyrule is decimated by its end and then enters 100 years of ruin (minus the few pockets of people surviving)) I think that a person could start out with this game and become interested in BOTW later. Although it's rare for Japanese games to have a bad ending as the only ending (unless you count drakengard/nier...) so I wonder how they are going to show the conclusion. Like have it fade to black at the final stand or will they go for the entire reveal? I'm buying tissues just in case. (Urbosa and Zelda had me bawling in BOTW)

Either way I'm buying two copies. Can't wait. Nintendo and KT literally answered a bucket list wish for me.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

I believe that the game doesn't need to end on an entirely negative note. Considering this story is not strictly about Link, it can still wrap up after the events we already know about. (in fact I'd expect this game to be more about Zelda herself in a way)

For starters, we will probably get to wreck as full powered god mode Zelda for a level or two. And after that there could be an epilogue with Impa and the other survivors.

So, a hopeful bittersweet ending.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eel I was thinking about the Champions and the Guardians (as they seem to be somewhat self aware) more than anything. (I kinda forget about Link in BOTW as I love most of the cast so he just fades into the background for me...) Their ending and the ruin of Hyrule was the sad part. Zelda's role was a symbol of hope for me since you know she has the power of Hylia and and at least holds Demise/Ganon at bay until Link, the laziest dude ever, wakes up. I want one game where he is not sleep or knocked out. Just one.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

Event in a few hours.

I'll probably watch it, although to be honest I feel like we've already seen enough to know what it is.

All I'd like to see is maybe a few more new areas. I don't want it to be just entirely reusing locations from the game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

I saw a bit of the new stuff, but I really don't need to see more of this game. Unless I hear specifically Hyrule Warriors fans not like it, I'm confident I'm buying this game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic