Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 161 to 180 of 627

Henmii

@Dezzy and @Giancarlothomaz,

That's a pity. And yeah I know the open-world Dynasty warriors wasn't that well received. And yet with Nintendo close I hoped it could work for Age of calamity. But yeah, they have chosen maps instead.

Henmii

Solaine

I really wonder how this can be canon at all.
SPOILER(not sure if necessary at this point)
Judging from the few cutscenes we got in the game i always thought the time 100 years ago was Ganon appearing, every champion rushing to their own titan and getting killed inside in the process, all the while Link and Zelda went back to the castle saw it pretty much getting destroyed and then ran away, only memorable musou moment being the battle at hateno fortress which honestly would be a blast to have as a final mission!All in all: not much to fight about, but am i alone with this kind of headcanon or are you people wondering as well?

Edited on by Solaine

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Eel

While the individual gameplay details may not be completely logical in how they fit with the canon, we can assume that the plot details and character moments presented will be completely canon.

Simply because that's the main point they made during the presentation.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

@Solaine Actually, I can probably answer that. There were several rounds of invasions from what we've seen between BotW and the trailer.

The trailer starts with an initial invasion of troops. This takes place before the earliest memories from BotW, since the champions haven't been chosen yet. So we'll have all the battles that led Zelda and the King discovering the four Champions and Link, before leading to them officially being chosen. Keep in mind, the champions weren't even chosen until after the war had already begun. Since Link doesn't have his blue tunic yet, this is before the first memory for certain

After that, the Champions return home to help fight on their individual fronts, while Link and Zelda are traveling between the individual locations. There's probably going to be one fight at each of the four home areas during this part of the game. From there, Link and Zelda end up facing the Yiga clan, likely also to be covered in more depth then the single musou style battle we see bits of.

Next, Link and Zelda return to the castle, where Zelda is studying the remains of Guardians that attacked. We know guardians weren't part of the initial wave of attackers at the castle, so that shows at least one more fight must have occurred by that point.

From there, Link and Zelda journey to the three springs. We can assume there will be battles during this as well. Somehow, the champions are all gathered by this point again (we don't see how), suggesting they'll be party. It's only at this point, after at least a dozen or so battles, that we'll see Calamity Ganon finally take over Hyrule Castle. At some point after this the champions leave and Fort Hateno occurs, though there's likely to be at least another couple unseen battles between. Still, Calamity Ganon's appearance will almost certainly be the start of the end game.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

BruceCM

Well, I wasn't sure just how long before the oldest memories were, @Solaine.... But those certainly might not have covered everything
So, there might have been a lot of fighting before the very oldest memories?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Solaine

@link3710 wow, very detailed answer. Thanks a lot, i can picture the games story better now. I didnt quite remember all of the cutscenes anymore
@BruceCM thanks as well

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

jump

I was thinking about how Skull Kid went from Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask and I was wondering if there could be that sort character in this with huge implications for BOTW or BOTW 2 but came across as completely ordinary.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@Eel Nah, I reckon Kass learns an evil song on the accordion which opens up the possibility of Link getting an instrument in Hyrule Warriors or BOTW 2. As after all it's not dungeons or story that make a Zelda game, it's trying to remember the sequences for the bloody Ocarina and Wind Waker to work.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

@jump Kohga seems likely. Out of the hanging plot threads from the first game, the Yiga Clan was certainly a major one.

Other than that, we have the Zonai civilization, which could easily be expanded upon in some way. Especially if the mysterious stuff from the trailer is somehow tied to them.

But honestly, if it's something like Skull Kid? Then it's probably some random NPC like Bazz or Guy or someone we could never predict.

link3710

Octane

Euler wrote:

Better have Kass as an unlockable novelty character. Yeah yeah, he wasn't alive 100 years ago but they already went "lol nothing matters" with the first one.

That's precisely the reason why I couldn't enjoy HW from a story perspective. So I hope Nintendo is keeping them under strict supervision.

Octane

Eel

Not only did the evil princess hold their king hostage for 100 years, her murderous knight destroyed the four champions and took control of their divine beasts, to use them against the already-exhausted king. And even then, he fought valiantly to defend his kingdom until the very end.

But Hylian schools won't tell you that version of the story.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

"Princess Zelda was so powerful and so wise, she could use the Light Force to influence the Spirit Orbs to create life..."

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BongoBongo123

Has anyone played Persona 5: Scramble? I heard that's a Musou game that integrates loads of Persona concepts. I'm hoping Age of Calamity does the same. Honestly I think there's some mechanics and features they haven't told us about yet.

BongoBongo123

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry I recall you saying you played Persona 5 Scramble on Switch.

I've only played the demo, but it seemed like a fantastic mix of Persona story sequences and style with musou-inspired mechanics.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic