Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 101 to 120 of 627

jump

@Blooper987 it’s not random, he’s saying someone is baiting to get a reaction.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blooper987

@jump the fact that it was rhythm heaven is still incredibly random. But it is the best Nintendo franchise so. As for the story thing: easiest way to get replies next to complaining about Pokémon. ( btw Pokémon is bad, hehe )

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Blooper987

Nintendo games and their fishing. What’s up with that anyways?

jump

@Eel as long as it’s with bombs rather than fishing rods so it’s like BOTW rather than OOT.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blooper987

@jump @Eel technically you could fish with your hands in BotW. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do something like that with this.

HobbitGamer

Whatch out for the Zelda Cannons!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

kkslider5552000

I approve of random Rhythm Heaven gifs being added for pretty much any reason.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blooper987

I’ve been wondering. Will they limit this to just BotW and OC or will we see more characters from ocarina of time and majoras mask. I’m fully expecting a roster with only BotW and original characters at around 15-20 and then we’ll see a ton of DLC adding other popular characters from the franchise.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Blooper987 Since this is a musou game that's actually canon to the main game's events they're probably limiting it to just the BotW characters for the sake of story continuity at launch. Persona 5 Scramble did a similar thing where it purely focused on The Phantom Thieves as playable characters and they've not even announced any plans to add characters from the other games like SEES or the Investigation Team as DLC, despite the fact that they added songs from across the series as paid DLC or a preorder bonus depending on where you bought the game.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Cynas

I don't think it's completely impossible to have non-canon characters within a canon game. Similar to how Elma shows up in the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC, pretty sure that isn't canon. As long as the non-canon characters don't show up in the main story I think it's fair game.

I'm mainly just telling myself this because I really want to see Kass as a playable character in the game, but he wasn't born until after the events of the Calamity.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Eel

I'm sure they can sell some dlc based on "present day". The game doesn't need to be just its main story mode.

Either that or we get to play as Kass' mentor, who happens to Kass with a mustache.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cynas

Even if they just limit themselves to BoTW characters there's quite a few interesting ones to pick from.

Sidon, Kass, Hetsu, Riju, Kohga, Bolson, Kilton, and Beedle to name a few

Actually now that I think about it I really want Kohga as a playable character.

Cynas

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Heh, good to know. I typically avoided any and all threads about BotW after it launched, so I'm somewhat oblivious to some of the conversations surrounding it. Not that I've kept myself from everything, but I'm trying to go in as blind as possible.

I'm normally a Zelda completionist, but I don't think I'll be bothering with Hestu's Gift. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

I hope they just stick to the 5 (or 6?) main characters. We don't need any of this Smash Bros 49 different characters nonsense in Zelda thanksyou

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Cynas

I prefer having a lot of options in a Warriors game. I only have fun when playing Warriors games if I have a few characters that I really enjoy playing as. Less characters means less chance I'll find someone I enjoy using. Unlocking new characters and their weapons/upgrades is also a huge part in what keeps me playing for countless hours after finishing the story.

Cynas

HobbitGamer

@Cynas Agreed. And the way HW had more characters woven into the story was neat. Hopefully there's something like playing as bad guy's again.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic