Forums

Topic: Most Anticipated Switch Games for 2024

Posts 1 to 20 of 42

iLikeUrAttitude

In my opinion this was easily another great year for the switch and for gaming in general.
2024 is very near and it looks to be another good one with confirmed games alone.

Confirmed for Next Year with dates:

• Super Mario RPG - November 17th, 2023
  • Another Code: Recollection - January 19th, 2024
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong - February 16th, 2024
  • Princess Peach: Showtime! - March 22nd, 2024
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD - Summer 2024
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - 2024

TBA:

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD 2D remake

There are most likely more but these are the ones at the top of my head.
Personally I'm looking forward to Dragon Quest 3 remake the most it's been 2 years since it was revealed and I'm starving for any new information on it, and while it wasn't technically announced for the switch or any platform rather I'm confident it'll still be on it.

How about y'all?

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

StarPoint

For now, definitely TTYD. It's just an amazing game through and through and this remaster looks incredible.

Of course, if MP4 comes out next year that will instantly take the cake.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Magician

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Hero
Unicorn Overlord (such an awful title for a game, but anything Vanillaware is hype)
Valfaris: Mecha Therion
Fantasy LIfe i: The Girl Who Steals Time
Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II
Contra: Operation Galuga
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Ultimate
TSUKIHIME: A Piece of Blue Grass Moon
SaGa: Emerald Beyond
The Plucky Squire
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
Gunvolt Records Cychronicle
Suikoden I & II Remastered
Exophobia (the release has been delayed multiple times, for years)
RESISTOR (probably will be delayed into 2025 though)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak
Metal Slug Tactics (is this game still in active development?)
Braid Anniversary Edition (was announced years ago then...nothing)
Death Trash (was announced as in development for Switch...a while ago)
System Shock Remake (was announced as in development for Switch...a while ago)

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

iLikeUrAttitude

@Magician Dang that is ALOT of games, your wallet must be weeping right now.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Ralizah

Princess Peach: Showtime!
Fantasy Life i
Professor Layton and the New World of Steam

Some games are dependent on whether I snag the Steam Deck OLED or not. If not...

Ys X
Pepper Grinder
The Plucky Squire
Dragon Quest III HD-2D

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

@Ralizah I forgot about Ys X and the port for Ys The Oath in Felghana next year. Oh my.

@iLikeUrAttitude Yup, still quite a bit to be excited about on OG Switch in 2024.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

I'm most excited for:

• Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered - I loved the PS1 Tomb Raider games, wish it also had The Last Revelation and Chronicles but I'm excited to replay the games and play for the first time the PC exclusive content)
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong - The GBA original was a lot of fun but it would be even better if they add more content like adding in the DK94 stages
  • Princess Peach Showtime - The gameplay looks interesting and it's nice that Peach is taking the spotlight
  • TTYD - Excited to replay it
  • LM2 - Bought it back in 2013 but never actually played it because the 2013 3DS lineup was so insanely packed it got buried in the backlog so it's nice to actually play it this time
  • Side Order (DLC) - If Octo Expansion is anything to go by, this'll be a very fun expansion though the roguelike angle is a bit odd

I'll be buying Another Code Recollection as well, I don't really get it but I have enough interest that it feels worth checking out. Also getting Apollo Justice trilogy but I haven't gotten around to playing the first AA trilogy yet.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

It has to be Metroid Prime 4. If Metroid Prime 4 isn't out next year, Nintendo needs to entirely change every single aspect of how Retro Studios is run, because there's no good reason it should need even more time, from a game dev that is mere months away from a decade+ with no new game to show.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iLikeUrAttitude

@kkslider5552000 I mean if the game isn't ready then it isn't ready. Even though it's been a long time I wouldn't see this as any reason to rehaul the Studio, they still bee a good asset for nintendo and delivered other good games.
I just hope the wait is worth it otherwise it could be a devastating blow for both Metroid and RetroStudios.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Fizza

Untitled
real shocker I know

Apart from the AJ Trilogy, Another Code Recollection and Paper Mario TTYD are also Day 1 purchases for me (maybe not ACR since it's release date conflicts with the AJ Trilogy pretty hard but I'll definitely grab it at some point next year), though I'll most likely be doing what I did in 2023 again and stick mainly to retro releases in terms of my gaming spending (got plans to pick up a backwards-compatible PS2 once the academic year is done). Still, I'm very much looking forward to 2024 and all of the inevitably awesome announcements it'll bring!

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

I mean if the game isn't ready then it isn't ready.

1. Reasonable chance it is ready, or close enough to it and that they're saving it to add another game to the Switch 2 launch instead of launching it as soon as its done.
2. If it genuinely isn't ready for even the end of next year, yes I think Retro has a serious problem with releasing games in a reasonable time that could reasonably be fixed and isn't just "game dev is hard". There's been enough issues with management in game companies that cause game releases to, often pointlessly, slow to a crawl, that 10 years without a new game doesn't feel like it can just be dismissed as "game dev is hard" at some point.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

theepictorkoal

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Unicorn Overlord
SaGa: Emerald Beyond
Suikoden I & II Remastered
The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
The Legend of Legacy

theepictorkoal

Munchlax

Hoping that we’ll finally see Dragon Quest 3 remake again.

Munchlax

Commandervide0

Hollow knight silksong
Price of persia
Fantasy life i
Professor layton
Inazuma eleven
Plucky squire

Commandervide0

blindsquirrel

TTYD is the obvious one, but I'm really hoping we get either a Black & White remake or another Arceus game.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Dogorilla

Professor Layton is the big one for me. Princess Peach Showtime looks fun, but other than that the first-party lineup is rather uninspiring at the moment given that I very rarely buy ports/remakes of games I've already played, and that's what the entire list consists of apart from Another Code, which I'll likely pick up at some point. I'm also interested in the Dragon Quest III remake but who knows when we'll see any news about that.

@Fizza I remember you saying you have a PS3, so since you said you're looking to get a BC PS2, do you know that PS1 discs are playable on PS3? Just checking because it's not a very well-advertised function of the console!

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Fizza

@Dogorilla I think I have one of the later models that removed BC unfortunately (plus I kind of want to experience them on OG hardware if I can since PS2's are shockingly cheap these days by game console standards).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Fizza The later models removed PS2 compatibility but I'm pretty sure all models can play PS1 games. Definitely still worth getting a PS2 because as you say it's one of the more affordable retro consoles, but you don't have to wait until then if there's any PS1 games you want to play! (Though PS1 games are generally nowhere near as cheap as PS2 unfortunately.)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

MarioBrickLayer

There are so many games mentioned in this thread that I want to play.

Potentially 2024 could be a great year for "non AAA" games on the Switch.

MarioBrickLayer

MarioVillager92

Princess Peach: Showtime, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Splatoon 3's Side Order DLC for me.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic