Forums

Topic: Most Anticipated Switch Games for 2023

Posts 1 to 20 of 49

iLikeUrAttitude

Personally I think this year was pretty good for the Switch, but I'll touch on that in a separate thread.
But looking at the confirmed games alone, next year might already be better than this year, let me list them:

Confirmed for Next Year with dates:

• The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12th)
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe (Feb. 24th)
  • Fire Emblem Engage (Jan. 23rd)
  • Disgaea 7 (Jan. 26th)
  • Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon (March 17th)
  • Octopath Traveler II (Feb. 23rd)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Jan. 19th)

Release Dates TBA:

• Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
  • Metroid Prime 4

These are just the top of my head, there are many more games confirmed for next year but for me personally my most anticipated out of these listed are Octopath II, and Disgaea 7.
What are y'alls most anticipated games?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

RR529

For Switch:

• Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe
  • Xenoblade 3 story DLC
  • Metroid Prime 4 (if it does release in 2023)
  • Maybe Pikmin 4

Elsewhere:

• Stellar Blade
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
  • Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
  • Wanted: Dead
  • One Piece Odyssey

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

Mato Anomalies is at the top for me right now.

Cyberpunk jrpg? Yes please.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

blindsquirrel

Tears of the Kingdom
Jedi Survivor
Spider-Man 2

Maybe Kirby, I’m not sure yet.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

I-U

Metroid Prime 4, followed by Tears of the Kingdom

Not a game, but I'm probably more excited for the upcoming Waves 4-6 for MK8DLX than I am any single game confirmed or otherwise for next year.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

iLikeUrAttitude

@NeonPizzas I completely agree, in the 3+ years we've been waiting we've gotten 3 trailers that don't tell us much, it's mostly been the brand alone that has been carrying the hype.
For Xenoblade 3 as a comparison, it's first reveal trailer alone was much more satisfying because it told so much in so little time.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

FishyS

I'm really hoping that around the time of the movie a new Mario game will be announced and will come out by late 2023. That timeline may be wishful thinking; sadly I would bet on announcement 2023 and out 2024.

If there is good Pokemon Violet DLC, I'll pick it up.

Of confirmed games, there's a good chance I'll get Kirby Dreamland and Bayonetta Origins looks really interesting. I feel like I don't need the new Zelda because I never actually beat BotW, but I may end up getting it from pure FOMO.

There's nothing I'm desperately waiting for in 2023, unlike I was for 2022... unless we actually get Mario.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Ralizah

In terms of confirmed releases...

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Fire Emblem Engage
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Master Detective Archives: Rain Code
Pikmin 4

Assuming it's confirmed at some point, though, you could swap out FE Engage with Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

Probably either Tears of the Kingdom or the new Fire Emblem. The hard thing for me when it comes to looking for what is actually coming is that I am the kind of Switch gamer who doesn’t care a lot about much of the Nintendo first party IP, and predominantly use my Switch to play indies or like turn based/tactics games which feel weird to play sat in front of my PC or on a TV. When the year is over, it is probable that my Switch game of the year ends up being something that wasn’t on my radar at all as a Switch title and I just picked up along the way on the Switch down the line.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Fizza

Apart from Persona 4 Golden and Octopath Traveller 2 at the start of the year, 2023 seems like it'll be my year off in terms of major releases. Mostly hoping for Splatoon and maybe Pokemon DLC to come out next year though: if that happens, I'll be more than grand.

Oh, and I desperately pray for another Ace Attorney Collection to come out next year (WE HAD THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY IN 2019 AND TGAAC IN 2021, I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

SwitchForce

Are we talking only Switch games? Cause that's what should be promoted here and not delude the Switch with other systems.

SwitchForce

kkslider5552000

It's Zelda. I've largely ignored most new games as games to buy when they're actually new, but even if I was still focused on the upcoming new things over anything else, my answer would still be Zelda. This is arguably true every time Nintendo has an upcoming mainline 3D Zelda.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tendo64

Nothing is going to eclipse Tears of the Kingdom here.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Tendo64

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Tendo64 unless you didn’t like BOTW

From an individual standpoint, yes.

By and large though, it's still the most anticipated Switch game following the success of BOTW, often considered to be one of the greatest games ever made.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Ralizah

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Same is true of pretty much every game. You're always going to have someone who just shrugs their shoulders at the biggest releases.

That's fine. The world would be a boring place if everyone had identical interests.

Just recently, I've felt that way about GoW Ragnarok.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BishopShiozawa

Fire Emblem Engage
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Bayonetta Origins
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Digimon World: Next Order
Octopath Traveller II
Master Detective Archives: Rain Code
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Quite the selection to look forward to.

Edited on by BishopShiozawa

BishopShiozawa

nitrolink

The Pathless
Tears of the Kingdom
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Pikmin 4

I know it's complete copium, but I hope that Pikmin 4 sells 4 million units.

nitrolink

nitrolink

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
We're past that opportunity unfortunately. I kind of wish Pikmin 4 had a subtitle instead of just "4" to allow more newcomers.

nitrolink

iLikeUrAttitude

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@nitrolink maybe to help sales of Pikmin 4 Nintendo should do this really small unheard of practice and re release the first 2 on the E shop

That makes too much sense so naturally Nintendo won't do it.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic