Forums

Topic: Most Anticipated Switch Games for 2023

Posts 21 to 40 of 49

praystation

I'm shocked that no one's mentioned Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star. It's so bizarre and yet makes so much sense that I immediately wanted to play it when I first saw it. Ring Fit Adventure and Fitness Boxing seemed like fun little games but this is taking that concept to 11 and feels like the best attempt at gamifying exercise yet. Can't wait for it.

praystation

praystation

@nitrolink Eh I always saw Pikmin like Persona. No one really cares about the numbers. They just jump on to the latest release and enjoy it.

praystation

moomin

Eiyuden Chronicle and Rune Factory 3 Remake. I'll probably get both on Steam though, just depends on my mood (my brain switches between console and PC every few months for some reason)

I didn't care much for BotW but I'll probably get Tears of the Kingdom on release just to be part of the gaming zeitgeist.

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

moomin

And of course the Snufkin adventure game.

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

iLikeUrAttitude

I probably should've added the Dragon Quest 3 remake but I held off from it because it hasn't been confirmed for Switch yet, hopefully Jump Festa will give us more information.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Lony85

As for me my most anticipated Switch games for the first half of 2023 are as follows...

Clive ‘N’ Wrench
Hollow Knight: Siksong
Kirby Return To Dream Land Deluxe
Octopath Traveler II
Pikmin 4
Super Bomberman R 2
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Edited on by Lony85

Lony85

Switch Friend Code: SW-7613-6555-4505

Magician

I'm back with a 2nd, more extensive post.

Loop8 (From the house that built the Grandia and Lunar games.)
Trails to Azure (Part two of a duology. Trails from Zero has been great so far.)
Atelier Ryza 3 (Just a cozy series.)
Tales of Symphonia (Never played it before.)
Labyrinth of Zangetsu (Love me my first person dungeon games.)
Octopath Traveler (I probably should get around to playing the first game, yes?)
Daymare 1994 (Love me some survival horror, even AA-quality shlocky ones.)
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (Never played any of them.)
AEW: Fight Forever (The first proper AKI-style game since Def Jam Fight for New York.)
Nuclear Blaze (I honestly haven't played a video game about fighting fire since Burning Rangers.)

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GreenTea

Off the top of my head, I'm mostly excited for

-Bayonetta Origins, a new Bayo game, no brainer! The only game on this list I'll preorder

-Suikoden I & II, heard amazing things about these, excited to try them out for the first time, though I might not play them for a while

-Master Detective Archives: Rain Code is a game I keep forgetting about but will likely love, though I still haven't got AI: Nirvana Initiative yet, and kind of want to do that first

-Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, haven't played the original, but I know a lot about it, and considering the sequel reuses the same world, I might jump straight into it

And that's kind of it😂, kind of underwhelming but I still have many games I want to get to.

I still want to play Pikmin 3 Deluxe before 4 so that checks out
Sea of Stars looks interesting but I'm not too hot on playing yet another RPG
I lowkey hope the Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3 DLC come out in 2024 because I want them to take their time with them

Edited on by GreenTea

I can't believe comphet killed Bayo

Switch Friend Code: SW-1492-1491-3432

Ryu_Niiyama

Day one/already preordered
TotK
FE:Engage
SoS:AWL
Octopath II

Will get eventually:
Persona 3
Persona 4
Risen
Rune Factory 3 Special
Metal Slug tactics
Disney Gargoyles
Disney Illusion Island
DQ 3
Infinity Strash
Expansion for DQ X
Pikmin 4
Master Detective Archives Rain Code
Midnight Suns (depends on performance reviews)
My time at sandrock
Eiyudien Chronicles
Breakers collection
Cannon Dance
Disgaea 7
Wings of bluestar
Labyrinth of galleria
Theatrhythm

Ok I have more but will stop here. Switch has no games lolol….I wish. First 3 months of the year already put my bank account on life support.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jump

Top of the list is Zelda but Persona 3 is something I’ve wanted to play for years so it’s is a close second. AEW Fight Forever, Bayonetta Origins, Fire Emblem Engage, Advance Wars Reboot Camp and Disgaea 7 make up the rest of my must buys plus Pikmin 4, Midnight Suns and Mina The Hollower I can be talked into getting at some point but to be honest I’ve got enough games to last me for a bit so I may slow down buying things day one.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ElRoberico

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I wonder if part of the reason they only did 3 was because it would be something easy to quickly flip in the 2020 schedule. At least in its current state. Would it have been better if they did all three? Oh absolutely. There's probably a chance it was affected by Covid.

As for this year, Tears of the Kingdom is my Number 1. FE: Engage is Number 2. After that, it's probably a lot of backlog stuff or save for a new console. If Frontiers of Pandora comes out this year, I'm there day one.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

MarioBrickLayer

Not wanting to repeat games already mentioned, the additional games I really want this year are:-
1. Lara Croft double pack - Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
2. 7 Horizons
3. Trinity Fusion

MarioBrickLayer

IceClimbers

Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. There's some other games I'm looking forward to like Kirby, but Zelda takes priority over everything else releasing in 2023 across all systems.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarioBrickLayer

IceClimbers wrote:

Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. There's some other games I'm looking forward to like Kirby, but Zelda takes priority over everything else releasing in 2023 across all systems.

This is so true! With my backlog the way it is, Tears of the Kingdom might be one of only two or three games released in 2023 that I actually play this year!

MarioBrickLayer

Cia

I kind of hate the idea they prepare a story dlc for XB3. The game had a perfect ending. Unless it has to do with some past events or some side story, I would likely pass. Besides, I've never liked DLC of any kind, even if it's decent. If I had a wish the entire concept would cease to be.

This year was superb for the Switch. We got easily the best games, not counting one or two obvious exceptions.

For the next year I'm only waiting for Zelda and Fire Emblem. Gotta see if they reveal something else ( I think MP 4 will release 2024).

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Bolt_Strike

Are we talking simply confirmed 2023 or can we talk about unannounced games we want for 2023? Because right now TotK is all I care about, and maybe Pikmin 4, but that's it right now. I need to see multiple new announcements to get me excited for this year.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iLikeUrAttitude

@Bolt_Strike Well I did technically bring up some unannounced games like DQ3 and MP4 so go for it.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Magician

As I play further through Card Shark, publisher Devolver Digital continues to rise in my estimation.

Games like Wizard with a Gun, Gunbrella, The Plucky Squire, and Pepper Grinder have my attention.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

Colonel_Mustache wrote:

Switch:
-The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
-Minecraft Legends
-Pikmin 4

PC:
-The Settlers: New Allies
-Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
-Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (If the gameplay looks good...)
-House Flipper 2
-Kerbal Space Program 2
-Starfield

Settlers has been announced for consoles, will you play it on the PC or Switch?

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

@Colonel_Mustache I loved settlers 3 back on the 90s, if New Allies performance is any good on the Switch I'll be picking it up!

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic