Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,843

zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Joeynator3000

Samus that post was unnecessary, that's like me going to the Splatoon 2 thread just to say "lul this game sux" just because I don't like it. Also guess what, WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK. So leave.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Samus7Killer

@Joeynator3000 saying something "sux" and saying ill wait for the PS4 game is NOT the same thing.
You Nintendo super fans are too sensitive.

Samus7Killer

zionich

@Samus7Killer Actually its the fact that you choose to come Into a chat thread talking about having an adult conversation, or "adult convo" as you so eloquently put it, but initiate it as a child. Most, if not all, of us are genuinely excited for Monster Hunter Worlds though its superiority has yet to be determined. I am happy you have an opinion but we just don't care what it is.

Octane

@Samus7Killer I think you know very well those posts garner attention, so please don't go around and troll the forums, because you're clearly looking to stir up reactions. There are other ways to express your opinion...

Octane

zionich

@JaxonH check Discord DM when you have a moment had a question please.

JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zionich

Lol. Good times !!

JaxonH

We have a star in our midst. Zionich is making his claim to fame

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zionich

😁

Haru17

Samus-7-Killer wrote:

Stupid liberals.

You called?

Haha, anyway, I'd like to ask the thread what you want out of the next Switch Monster Hunter. Would it just be a port of World or an iterative entry ala Portable 3rd? 5th gen, or would this one branch off on another path like the MMOs?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

Well, whatever it is it's definitely got to step it up production value wise. I don't expect an all out port of World (although that's fine if they did, but I don't expect it because of Sony's deal with Capcom- I suspect Capcom didn't anticipate Nintendo having a viable platform to sell the game on when making it PS4 exclusive in Japan), but I do hope for something not ported from 3DS. Don't get me wrong, I love the series and I will appreciate any game they bring. I count myself fortunate every day I can play MHXX on my Switch. But I do have expectations for new games now post World announcement.

I'd prefer a Portable 5th, because that would give the series a separate route to take which could maybe keep the old skill system and what have you. It would also mean twice as many mainline MH games, getting the best of both worlds with the online and graphical niceties of PS4/X1/PC and portability (yet still HD and fully featured) on Switch. 3DS just needs to go away, unless they want to make quick and easy iterative spinoffs of existing games for easy money. But that's a slippery slope because then I feel they would be tempted to just port that over to Switch.

Having seen DOOM and Wolfenstein 2, Skyrim, NBA 2K, etc... I'm convinced they could make a game like World, but tone it down. A straight port would certainly mean 720p/30fps with lower textures and details and lighting, etc. which is fine by me, but I'd much rather the FIFA 18 approach of building it specifically for Switch, with lesser graphics and textures but 1080p/60fps and still to current gen standards visually and production wise and scope wise.

Honestly I'll be happy with whatever they do as long as it's not another 3DS port. Again, don't get me wrong. I love MHXX. But I do expect a new game, and I do not want the new game to be a 3DS port. So far MHXX has sold 150,000 physical copies in Japan. Not bad given there's only 1.5 million Switch owners there. Meaning 1 out of 10 Switch gamers bought the port (physically) of a 6 month old expansion of a 2 year old game that wasn't half as popular as mainline games anyways and, in a post-World-announcement era. I can only imagine how well a brand new, ground up entry would do on the system. And I think Capcom sees that as well. And by the time a new game would release, Switch will have 6 million JP gamers, and instead of 1/10 they'll likely sell to 1/3. Meaning 2 million sales on Switch in Japan alone. And an easy million or 2 in the west (probably 2 since World will make it more popular and the Switch game would looks far more in the vein of World than MHXX).

Question is, since World is likely off limits for Switch given back room deals for Japan, will Capcom simply tag a Switch version onto the next multiplatform game they make (which would be 3+ years away after World releases) or do they use the other team to start making Switch exclusive entries separate from World but notched up a level to current gen standards... I'm thinking the latter. There's no possible way they just forfeit the portable MH market. Not gonna happen. So it's either Switch or 3DS/Switch. Unfortunately I think the likelihood of one more 3DS/Switch entry is just as high as a Switch exclusive entry. But a new 3DS entry wouldn't do nearly as well now that the system is declining, especially post World, and it would cripple the Switch version's potential meaning far less sales there too. Whereas if they just went Switch exclusive, and built ground up in the vein of World, they could likely hit just as many sales as the 3DS version. Granted the 3DS version would be accompanied by extra sales from the Switch variant of the game as well, but that's a sacrifice worth making. Because 3DS barely has enough life in it for one more game. Better to get the new engine up and running on Switch now as an investment for the future. Because Switch is the future for the series portably. They can procrastinate but they can't get around that fact.

Edited on by JaxonH

zionich

I would like to say I would be happy with a Port of World over a MH5 but I can't say that for sure until I experience the game to it's fullest. I know I would love to see another (English) Monster Hunter on the Switch sooner than later regardless which it is.

Haru17

Until Capcom demonstrate otherwise Monster Hunter is still an annualized franchise. The weirdness with XX was that Cross was a 2015 game, but its Ultimate version had 2016 and Stories between it and the original release. Since we know XX wasn't originally planned, I assume it was a response to an internal delay of World. That all said, we should expect an Ultimate version or DLC expansion of World to be the 2019 Monster Hunter game. That coming to Switch would possibly be the big reveal.

Also I should note that both World and XX are running on MT Framework which has already been ported to Switch. There is no new engine, just possibly some modifications to Capcom's ubiquitous 7th gen one (MT). It's possible that World just wasn't announced for Switch because that version wouldn't be ready at launch just like the PC version, but who knows?

Personally, I want the Switch MH game to be 5th gen, but have new monsters and an area to offer above what World's original release has so there's a substantive incentive to double dip. I also don't want those monsters to be inaccessible to crossplatform players. So a Portable 3rd situation would be great as long as the teams don't make the same mistakes with the portable game gutting all the underwater content and the console game dropping Amatsu.

Untitled

(This image serves to break up the text of my post.)

On a separate note, I've been dipping back into 3U and the XX Switch demo against my better FOMO instincts. Hunting Barroth with long sword still feels great and there are so many more stars in the Deserted Island and Sandy Plains night skies than I remember. You can even see little crackles of lightning in the volcanic cloud above the 3rd gen Volcano, which is just testament to the incredible attention to detail present in Tri. I really hate how 3U removed the rolling day/night cycle of embarking on quests though, that game was so thrown together compared to the source material. The rest of 3rd gen and the whole of 4th (inconsistent availability of day/night cycles, Moga/underwater retconned in Cross) really failed to do Tri justice, and I have no shortage of bitterness about that.

But on a very basic level Insect Glaive is infinitely more playable to me with a full second analogue stick on Switch. I'm already wanting to go into a slide when walking down that U-shaped ice cave area in the Snowy Mountains, but I just have to be patient since World was only announced 8 months out from release. I'm looking forward to maining that weapon in the future, and the subtler glow effects and assets should help visual readability as well (my other trouble playing the weapon on 3DS). I will be missing the Pro Controller though, it never makes my hands cramp like a DS4. ...Just make a version with a headphone jack.

Edited on by Haru17

zionich

@Haru17 You can always import XX with us while we wait =)

Though I haven't turned my Switch on in a while because I am still working on Metroid. Got the space jump and super missles wooooot!

There is also all the great games that start dropping today....😭😭😭😭

So many games.

JaxonH

Oh man it's gonna be brutal. I've got a small fortune of games/consoles/accessories preordered, half of which release between now and MH World. It's always expensive in Q4. This year is going to be particularly harsh though, with Xbox One X releasing and importing the MH World Rathalos PS4 Pro and all these Switch games. At least most of the games I'm getting for around 30% off after GCU discount, CC rewards and MyBB double reward points. And at least half of them are a year away or more. Out of the remaining half, their releases are spread out for the next 4 months. So probably a game a week from now til World. Maybe even 2 on some weeks.

Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Collector Edition
Super Mario Odyssey
Project Octopath Traveller
Fire Emblem Warriors Collector Edition
Nights of Azure 2 Collector Edition
Touhou Kobuto V Collector Edition
Penny Punching Princess
The Longest Five Minutes
This Is the Police
Monopoly
WWE 2k18
NBA 2k18
Metroid Prime 4
Rocket League
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi Switch
Lost Sphear
Retro City Rampage DX

One Piece: Unlimited World Red (UK import)
Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase
SnipperClips+
DOOM
Skyrim
LA Noire
MXGP3
The End Is Nigh
Ittle Dew 2+
Tiny Barbarian
Blade Strangers
Battle Chasers Nightwar
RIME
Minecraft
Redout
Gear.Club
Sine Mora EX
88 Heroes
Lumo
Portal Knights
Superbeat: Xonic
Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition
Resident Evil Revelations Collection
Attack On Titan 2
Atelier Lydie & Suelle
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack
Zelda Champion Amiibo
FE Warriors Amiibo
Mario Odyssey Amiibo
Zelda Encyclopedia
Mario Odyssey Collector Guide
8bitdo USB-C SNES Controller
Xenoblade 2 Pro Controller
Nyko Portable Dock
Nyko Kickstand

3DS
Etrian Odyssey V
Fire Emblem Warriors
Radiant Historia
SMT Strange Journey
The Alliance Alive
Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Steelbook Edition

Xbox One
Xbox One X
Monster Hunter World Collector Edition
Darksiders 3
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Red Dead Redemption 2
Code Vein
Okami HD

PS4
PS4 Pro Monster Hunter World Rathalos Edition (JP import)
Shadow of the Colossus
Monster Hunter World Collector Edition
Ni No Kuni 2 Collector Edition
God of War
Death Stranding
Spider-Man
Yakuza 6
The Last of Us pt2
Art of Persona 5

PSVR
DOOM VFR
Skyrim VR

Edited on by JaxonH

zionich

Best Buy is God sent!!!

MFD

@Haru17 Since it's more on-topic here, I'll answer you here. "I hope the new Switch games will have longer dev cycles and be made with the attention to detail that the console entries have rather than being considered a portable game where people won't pay attention to the details." That's a hard one, isn't it? If they wish to skimp, they could easily treat it portable, but I doubt Nintendo would be happy with that.

"I don't think we'll know for sure until the months after World's release though." Then the question is: after the PS4/Xbox One's release early 2018? Or the PC's release who-knows-when during 2018?

MFD

Haru17

Definitely in February and after World's release dies down, the PC version doesn't matter at all for this sort of thing.

Joeynator3000

Untitled
sighs
Basarios, it's been how many years since you came into this series? You seriously need to work on your camouflaging skills...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic