Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,843

Metal_Slugger

So far a money pit for me to play this but I hope it will be worth it. I didn't even know I had a bad joy con till playing this. So I had to get a pro controller then wait for it not to ruin the experience. Which benefits other games as well really liking that. Then Online came along so dang. Only doing HR for now gonna enjoy that gear I slaved for from my transfer for a bit before moving on. I think I got one quest soon as I started to be in G rank. I only been online twice been doing "high" village quests.

Metal_Slugger

JaxonH

@Metal_Slugger
Pro Controller is nice for MHGU. I usually prefer 2 split joycon, but not for MHGU. Pro controller is definitely where it's at and you'll appreciate it for other games.

And you'll appreciate those save backups for a game like this. Maaaan, that was all I was concerned about was getting this save data backed up. It's not just the time I've put into it on switch but the 400 hours I put into it on 3DS beforehand. And while I could always use the safe transfer app to send that save back over I actually can't because they limited to five times and I already used it several times with MHXX imported version. I didn't know there was a limit, so I was using it to send the save back-and-forth to the fan translated English version on 3DS. I was lucky I still had a transfer left for MHGU.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Metal_Slugger

@JaxonH Oh that would stink to loose all that. I had a lot of failed attempts listening to some you tuber. When just going to the Nintendo website was so much more precise and coherent on how to do it. Plus that save feature we can't send back to the 3ds. So any progress on the Switch would be lost if something happened. Also so much easier no hoops to jump through.

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger

Looking at my guild card after the transfer. I noticed the Veteran Hunter's Prize award. Nice little touch from them. Total play time , and hunter rank from the previous play. Might of been mentioned before but really don't want to search it out. Welp back to crafting IG's.

Metal_Slugger

ArtheXavier

I am a Monster Hunter newbie in the sense that World ( on PC ) has been my first hunting-addiction. Generations is tempting me, because I think that the handheld format suits the nature of the game better. Any of you guys willing to help me out in-game if I decide to get it? 😊

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

JaxonH

@ArtheXavier
Absolutely. The MH community loves nothing more then helping new players get into the series.

Which, you'd be surprised how much of your knowledge from World will transfer over. Some things are different but, it's still Monster Hunter.

They just patched in the ability to run by clicking L3, btw. An addition World players will certainly appreciate.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

Yosheel wrote:

You feel all proud when you see your rank and time in a reward.

Until you get FattyWhale's guild card and see his.

Haha. Like @Tsurii said, his was even higher than mine.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

ArtheXavier

Got the game and sent some friend requests. Doing the first missions now.

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

JaxonH

Got to 9 star quests today, and just took down Gammoth. Still need to do the rest of the Fated Four, and one or two other keys before the urgent, and graduating to the final rank of 10 star quests.

Then... it's MP time! Dun, dun dun dun..
dun dun, dun dun can't touch this

Eel

The only thing you need to download is the special dlc missions and stuff.

Which is all free to donwload.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Just shut down the Fated Four in 9 star quests, and peeled a Glavenus Fire Orb from a carve to top it off 😁

Now for Gore Magala, and then... Valstrax (I think?). Unless there's any other key quests I'm forgetting. Either way, I'm close to Valstrax and the final 10 star quests.

Then I need to finish unlocking all the food items for canteen and transmog (what I can from SP anyways) and all the deviants. I only have 8 unlocked. There's like 20 or something. Have to look up how to unlock the other 12

zionich

Finally decided to try Valor HBG and OMG its alot of fun. I just have to get use to not having my Adept evade and use the Valor evade.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Bevinator

Would this game be suitable to play in 1 to 2 hour bursts? Not got hours at a time for games anymore, but interested to try this if I can fit it in.

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

JaxonH

Kazuo, if you're reading this, I saw you come in our hub yesterday right when we took off on a quest, but before I could abandon you left. Sorry about that!

So, me and my bro have been gettin it in. Finished the main story of the single player, beat Valstrax, and got up to HR7 in the hub. We have both agreed to not even think about G rank right now. There are so many High rank quests and DLC quests and deviants and hypers, I told him we'll worry about G rank next year when we finally get done with all these other quests 😁

@Bevinator
Yes. Quests have 50 minute time limits, but you'll never likely need more than 15-20 per Quest. mayyyybe half an hour if it's a super showdown with an elder dragon.

Just know that the beginning of the game eases you into things- there are a lot of gathering quests in one star rank and 2 star rank, it's not until 3 star that you start hunting a lot of monsters.

And there's a lot to learn, but you have the benefit of asking everyone here whatever question you want. The main thing to know is there are certain required quests you must do to unlock the urgent quest, which advances you to the next rank. And the game doesn't really tell you which ones they are. So reference this for the required quests.

https://mhgu.kiranico.com/quest

Edited on by JaxonH

Bevinator

Thanks for reply. May put this game on my Christmas list! @JaxonH

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

Bevinator

Thanks for the advice. I’ve played a monster hunter title before (the one on the wii u). Had some fun with it. Good to know the formula hasn’t been changed too much by the sound of it! Will probably end up giving it a go eventually. Would be nice to have a bit more free time lol @Tsurii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic