Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 4,661 to 4,680 of 4,706

BispoSnake

Hey everyone. Can you please help me, as I don't know where to seek help? Thanks in advance

Just bought Sunbreak and downloaded the game again - had played for 100+ hours the base version. But now, after buying Sunbreak, the game is stuck in the "Magnamalo/Malzeno" splash screen right when booting it.

I've tried to delete the game and download it again, and also started a new game with a Mii profile that didn't have never played it, but it's the same problem.

Do you guys know what could be causing it, please? Thanks!

Evil is powerful, but courage is SOLID

Nintendo Network ID: BispoSnake

JaxonH

@BispoSnake
1) Are you on Switch or Steam? Lots of hang issues on PC but I've never heard of anyone having issues on Switch

2) Are you using a modded Switch or legit Switch?

3) Is the game installed on internal storage or micro SD? If micro SD, try moving to internal storage, or using a different micro SD card

4) Make sure you delete the game and re-download, not just archive it. Otherwise extra data isn't deleted.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@TowaHerschel7
No.

I just haven't been playing because I'm too swamped with other games. I think I mentioned this earlier but, I beat Xenoblade 3, moved on to Portal 1/2, moved on to Splatoon 3, then beat Nier Automata, moved on to Persona 5 Royal, beat Bayonetta 3, moved on to Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope, moved on to Crisis Core: FFVII, moved on to Fire Emblem Engage (which I'm about 70% done with), put Persona 4 Golden on the back burner and am now heavily invested in Metroid Prime Remastered, and also was playing some Theatrhythm Final Bar Line today, and recently started Hogwarts Legacy on Steam Deck.

And next week we get Octopath Traveler II, Kirby Return to Dreamland and Tales of Symphonia Remastered. It just... it doesn't let up.

I decided to wait until Title Update 5 to even attempt to get back into Sunbreak, as I just don't have time right now.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pizzamorg

Dom_31 wrote:

I usually do a good job of ignoring fandoms these days but holy hell it's absolutely insane to me how toxic the monster hunter crowd has become. It's impossible to talk about anything without some kid coming for your throat and regurgitating whatever nonsense some of the so-called content creators blurt out or acting like whatever's the latest dumb trend within the community is the be all end all.
Oldschool etiquette is basically dead at this point, bless Capcom for giving us followers so I can completely shut off those..people at this point. I'm afraid if MH6 doesn't have that feature - and capcom's track record with keeping good features in the games is abysmal, unfortunately I might actually end up not playing one of these games for the first time since the series' inception (only exceptions being Japanese exclusive titles besides portable 3rd)

Just..had to write this down lol
I think most of y'all play with set groups anyway ๐Ÿ™ƒ

It sounds weird maybe, but the Monster Hunter fandom is really cliquey in my experience and like with any community you have your sweats who have to be the loudest in every conversation who tell you to play a certain way because a YouTuber told them it was the most optimal way.

However, I tend to find if you find individual communities who are passionate about a specific weapon, those people are usually really awesome. I got into the Lance while playing Sunbreak because I found the difficulty spikes so brutally oppressive and the Lance really gave me a way to even foot with a lot of the Monsters I was struggling on, and I encountered such a dedicated, helpful community of people who just play Lance day in and day out when looking around online.

I dunno if it is because Lance isn't really a "meta" weapon, but everyone I found just loved having a chance to talk about their favourite weapon. I find the same with the Hunting Horn, as long as you aren't like actively ***** at using it and knocking people out of their combos (or do what I did and use that Malo horn which basically removes the animations from when you get hit by a Monster, so no one realises they are almost dead ๐Ÿ˜‚), people are usually super appreciative of you coming along and giving them buffs and will take the time to show that appreciation.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

JaxonH

Amatsu is incredible!!!

I haven't fought it yet, but I've peeked at some video, and this is a worthy elder dragon.

If anyone wants to hunt Amatsu later today just let me know. I'm ready to avenge Yomogi's parents. Who's with me!

Joeynator3000

...Anyone unlocked those Special Investigations yet? Ugh...why do I have to get the quest up to level 300 to unlock this? This is a nightmare. T.T

Is it worth it, does anything actually change with the monster or is it just more health/attack?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000
Can't be that hard. I jumped back in for like a week and in that time got Investigations up from level 10 to 104.

But they are meant to be the endgame so, I'd hope it at least takes a few weeks to get there.

Can't say if it's "worth it". If the only goal is to unlock something, probably not. But if the goal is to have fun along the way and enjoy the progressive challenge and unlocks, then it's probably worth it.

What are these special Investigations, though?

Joeynator3000

@JaxonH I mean, the digital event thing brought them up, dunno if you watched. Apparently stronger afflicted monsters. But it said new moves or something and I'm just wondering if they're actually different or just "more attack power" or something. But yeah I did an investigation and it only went up like 6 levels, just feels super time consuming. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Ulysses

@Dom_31 Honestly, ever since World and now Rise, I've struggled to find smaller groups of hunters to play with. Without the Capcom forums to centralize things like it used to back in 3rd gen, I've had a hard time finding any specific group-building communities on modern Socials like Reddit and Discord. Discord especially has become very negative and jaded >_<

If anyone wants to build up a hunting community here, then I'm all for it! I'm in the US unfortunately, since I understand NintendoLife is mainly a UK website. So my availability will probably differ from most users here.

Ulysses

Ganner

@Joeynator3000 Ugh...why do I have to get the quest up to level 300 to unlock this? This is a nightmare. T.T

Oh I know what you mean. MH games are such kryptonite for my backlog. When I finally caught up in Sunbreak I started cracking at the list (finally beat Bayonetta 3 and just started Metroid Prime Remastered). I'm usually more excited for new updates but seeing how now I gotta get back at the grind to get to 300 I was a little down. Don't get me wrong the game is fun but since the MHGU days I kept declaring over and over that "after this one I'm retiring from MH games so I can enjoy on all these other games I keep missing out on". I find myself saying that again but I just keep coming back. I'm at level 223 so just 77(!) more to go. However, with my limited gaming schedule already due to work this may take a hell of a lot longer than I'd like it too. Forgive me, backlog! I wish I knew how @JaxonH was able to literally walk away from MH and not look back.

This fire is burning and it's out of control. It's not a problem you can stop it's Rock and Roll!!!

Joeynator3000

If the Special quests are actually different from normal afflicted monsters then I'll try to unlock them, but if it's just more attack power/health or something then I'm not bothering. But I remember them saying that they get new attacks or something...?

Anyways, changing the subject since I fought Amatsu a second time, that one major attack she does that one-shots you. How do you deal with that exactly? Like, are you supposed to do anything else when you're hanging around high up in the air? (the attack where you have to use the great wirebugs, not the one where Amatsu fires you up into the air) I tried everything to stay high up in the air for the longest time and I still end up dying anyways. -.-

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Ganner
Mmm, I walked away but am always looking back. I think I just put so many hours in, I felt like I needed a break. I put a few hundred into World, and 400 into MH4U and MHG and MHGU, and 600 into MH3U, but with Rise? I hit 600 hrs just in the base game, and after another 250 hrs (plus 50 hrs in the demo and another 50 in the Steam version) I think I just had my fill. For the time being, anyways.

I adore Monster Hunter, but play any game too much and you start to tire of the gameplay loop. Plus with all the title updates still hitting, figured it would be wise to just let them all drop and jump back in with all the content combined, rather than a couple monsters here, a couple there.

Lastly, there's been an onslaught of games on Switch I was very interested in playing. Startibg with Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (which I beat), and Nier Automata (which I beat), Bayonetta 3 (which I beat), and Splatoon 3, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, Fire Emblem Engage, Octopath Traveler II, Metroid Prime Remastered (which I beat), Advance Wars, and now Zelda next month.

I feel like, there's all the time in the world to come back to finish Sunbreak endgame, once some time has passed and it feels fresh again. There's a good 300 hrs left for me there.

I would say, never play a game out of duty or compulsion. Like the whole "level 300" thing. I don't care about that. If anything I'm very happy about it, as it's robust endgame the base version of Rise was lacking. I'll play til I feel I've had my fill and then I'll stop. If I hit 300, terrific, if not, couldn't care less. It's just content to be enjoyed, not a task that must be checked off a list. Game gets boring when you run out of things to do and objectives to accomplish, so it's nice that, now that the game + expansion is finished, they blessed us robust content.

blindsquirrel

Would it be worth buying the PS5 version if I already have it on the switch? I have Sunbreak as well, if that changes things.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

JaxonH

@blindsquarel
It's the exact same game. If you want higher specs at the cost of the hybrid advantage, then yes. If you want the hybrid advantage at the cost of higher specs, then no.

Multiplayer is anemic on all non-Switch platforms though. 90% of the playerbase is on Switch, probably 5% on Steam, and the remaining 5% split among PS/Xbox.

blindsquirrel

@JaxonH
Iโ€™ll probably not buy it, unless there is a good sale going on. I did some more research and the graphics donโ€™t look that much better than the switch version.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Joeynator3000

I mean, it's the same game...other versions just have a higher resolution and framerate. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@constantly
Wow.

I've always been of the opinion Rise + Sunbreak is the best Monster Hunter game to date. But these videos really put forward objective evidence as to part of the reason why.

JaxonH

This is so hype.

Primordial Malzeno is truly the cherry on top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic