Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 3,954

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Ya, might wanna try one and see how you do. I beat the Emergency Apex Arzuros solo because teammates kept triple carting and failing the quest on me. And even the Arzuros could one shot you unless you had 550 defense + Mega Armorskins + Felyne Defender Hi + max spiribird buffs for Defense and HP.

I expect the other 3 to be much worse.

PLAYING
NS: Zombie Army 4, Splatoon 2
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Um, You might need to give me a sec on that, if the arzuros is that bad, I think I can get out of the way of most attack but dang it sounds rough, Solo that is, I know your good at the game, and I know i'm good at the game, so I think we should do fine, but I will try one later just to be sure. haven't played in a wile.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Ya, this last batch of Event Quests is Capcom's answer to, "Game is too easy". All I see on social media is ppl getting wrecked left and right lol.

They're legitimately the hardest Quests in the game. Arzuros was manageable solo, but only with 550 base defense, eating for Defender HI, full spiribird buffs and constant intake of Mega Armorskins, and healing after every time I took damage, and never getting hit twice in a row. With max HP and all that Defense I was able to tank any single attack, but if I didn't heal immediately to max out HP, a second hit would be an automatic cart every time. One good hit was eating 75% of my HP bar.

And that was just the super Apex Arzuros!

There's still super Apex Mizutsune, super Apex Rathian and super Apex Rathalos. There's also super Magnamalo, but I beat him already, solo. And yesterday they added an event quest for super Ibushi and super All-Mother Narwa, together in Coral Palace. I haven't dared to attempt that one yet.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

@Pizzamorg
I don't know, I didn't check cause I don't really care. I seriously doubt it has anything other than normal quest rewards. That's kinda missing the point of what these endgame Quests are for.

Yeah, maybe. Just hard for hard's sake is a pretty rubbish endgame, imo. Other games will usually give you unique rewards or something to show for that effort, hell even other MH games did that. Rise is just really thin once you clear HR 50.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Mario Tennis Aces. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. RingFit Adventure.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. WWE 2K22. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
It's not "endgame" it's just a few Quests.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

@Pizzamorg
It's not "endgame" it's just a few Quests.

Yeah, but it's a problem with the whole endgame. Who cares about some stickers or some emotes or whatever.

Switch games currently playing: Mario Tennis Aces. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. RingFit Adventure.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
Not me. I play for the fun combat.

But that's what makes little extras nice. It's not why I play but it's a cherry on top. I'll take it. Emotes, titles, all of it.

It's more than any other MH game offered. Play MHGU, you ain't getting jack **** for anything. Just monster parts. And that's OK. I never needed to be bribed to enjoy the games before, certainly don't need it now. The hook of the game is hunting monsters for their parts. You still get that. And that's the reward. Monster parts. Stuff to craft with.

All these tough event Quests give fabulous rewards for monster parts, top tier Defender 9 tickets needed for rampage weapons and final upgrades. I have yet to play one without getting 1-2 gems in the reward box, also. And they're gold crown monsters for the Guild Card and achievements. On top of being fun Quests to challenge yourself with. Either you're into it... or you're not.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Snatcher

@JaxonH So whenever someone says the game is to easy, just show em these quest LMAO, Damn, now i'm scared to check them out.

I don't really play MH because of awards, I play for the thrill of the hunt, now that monster bows to me now!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Give it a try. Worst case scenario you triple cart. Not the end of the world. But it is good to gage where your skill is at.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Worst case scenario I figure out I actually suck LMAO.

ya but I'm going to give it a try, not the end of the world if I lose like you said.

DarthNocturnal

I remember an event Alatreon quest in Tri. Bigger. More HP. Maybe a slight increase to certain part drops?

The main reward? Congrats, you've now seen the biggest Alatreon you can. Here's a badge.

Definitely a "the fun is the journey, not the destination" moment.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Oh I remember it. I remember carting and needing to team up with some A listers to help carry me. I was so worried I was going to cart and let the whole team down, so I played it extra safe just to be sure.

MH3U had some seriously tough event Quests for end game monsters. Really, every game does. But the Ultimate G-rank versions especially so. If Rise is already getting Quests this tough, I can only imagine the pain they're gonna bring for Sunbreak event Quests.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

That is why I cleared all the missions and then put the game down. Rise is a terrific 50ish hour experience, but it isn't something that can sustain you for hundreds upon hundreds of hours. Not meaningfully. I honestly don't mind that, I'd rather be able to see something and move on, rather than being stuck on a meaningless treadmill. Although I did feel like that for the last 20 or so hours trying to grind my ranks to unlock the final monster.

I think an end game should always have a unique reward to it, to make it meaningful. If it's just fighting the same monsters, unless you are farming for something specific, I have no real interest. Especially if it's harder with nothing new.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
it isn't something that can sustain you for hundreds upon hundreds of hours

Tell that to the legion of fans who put 500-1000 hrs into every single MH game.

It might not sustain you, but for enough ppl it does

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

@Pizzamorg
it isn't something that can sustain you for hundreds upon hundreds of hours

Tell that to the legion of fans who put 500-1000 hrs into every single MH game.

It might not sustain you, but for enough ppl it does

I was talking about Rise specifically.

Although yes, I am not lost to the insane amount of hours people pour into doing just the same thing over and over again. People have like 10k hours in Destiny and that game has had barely any meaningful new content added but people do just play the same things over and over again. I think it is just insane personally. There are so many other games out there.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
That's because it's not really the same thing, even if it may seem that way to the untrained eye.

When I used to pitch MH to new players the #1 selling point was always that you could hunt the same monster 50 times and have 50 completely different experiences every single time, due to the hunts being so dynamic.

And, with 46 monsters in the game, it's not like ppl just pick one monster and hunt it 50 times. They play new Quests 1-2 times and move to the next quest. And different Quests provide far more variation from hunt to hunt. Different areas, different other monsters, different spawning areas, different outcomes. So ya. It feels fresh.

To me it's insane to burn through a game in 50 hrs skipping over 75% of the Quests, but I understand some ppl just burn through content like a crackhead on payday and move onto the next game, and the next game. And that's fine

But for ppl who are genuine hard-core fans of the series, there's no reason to abandon the game so quickly when every hunt feels like a brand new experience, especially in 6-7 different locals bouncing between nearly 50 different monsters, and most importantly, when the game is just super fun to play. Maybe that's something you can't relate to, but there's a lot of ppl who enjoy the entertainment value of fun gameplay.

I could never grind Destiny 100 hrs because it's all the same. Shooting guns. Whereas with MH the 14 different weapon types provide near limitless content that feels entirely different from weapon to weapon. I've seen ppl who are going to replay the entire game on Steam with a new weapon, just because it feels so differently. I'm not up for that because I don't wanna lose my talismans and be tethered to the TV. But I can appreciate the sentiment.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

@Pizzamorg
That's because it's not really the same thing, even if it may seem that way to the untrained eye.

When I used to pitch MH to new players the #1 selling point was always that you could hunt the same monster 50 times and have 50 completely different experiences every single time, due to the hunts being so dynamic.

And, with 46 monsters in the game, it's not like ppl just pick one monster and hunt it 50 times. They play new Quests 1-2 times and move to the next quest. And different Quests provide far more variation from hunt to hunt. Different areas, different other monsters, different spawning areas, different outcomes. So ya. It feels fresh.

To me it's insane to burn through a game in 50 hrs skipping over 75% of the Quests, but I understand some ppl just burn through content like a crackhead on payday and move onto the next game, and the next game. And that's fine

But for ppl who are genuine hard-core fans of the series, there's no reason to abandon the game so quickly when every hunt feels like a brand new experience, especially in 6-7 different locals bouncing between nearly 50 different monsters, and most importantly, when the game is just super fun to play. Maybe that's something you can't relate to, but there's a lot of ppl who enjoy the entertainment value of fun gameplay.

I could never grind Destiny 100 hrs because it's all the same. Shooting guns. Whereas with MH the 14 different weapon types provide near limitless content that feels entirely different from weapon to weapon. I've seen ppl who are going to replay the entire game on Steam with a new weapon, just because it feels so differently. I'm not up for that because I don't wanna lose my talismans and be tethered to the TV. But I can appreciate the sentiment.

I feel like you are really overselling how much variance there is in MH. Most monsters in MH have very rigid AI, set patterns for you to learn and master to beat the monster, so by that very design, there can't be a huge amount of variance from one battle to another. This feels even more true in Rise where they made environments much smaller and with no environmental events off the top of my head. You do get turf wars, but as far as I know there are no invasions in Rise to see new monsters combo together, like there were in previous games. There is absolutely no way you'll have "50 unique experiences" fighting the same monster, you'd be lucky to have five fights with any variance at all.

You are right that you can make it feel different by bringing a different weapon to the table and I did do that. I played around with Longsword, Hunting Horn and Switch Axe. But when I stopped unlocking anything new, I moved on. I certainly didn't leave the game "75% unfinished". I've cleared basically everything except those ultra hard apex missions, because to me there is no point and I've fought every monster in the game at least once, but many multiple times in the name of making gear.

I ain't going to get into some argument with you about "true fans" because only absolute losers try and make those arguments.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg MH is just that type of game, you play, you have your fun, you stop playing.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
I don't. If the variation wasn't there I wouldn't still be playing. The fact I am kinda puts my money where my mouth is.

Just because the monster has a set of moves doesn't mean the fight plays out the same way. There's infinite degrees of freedom with respect to how fights play out. They never repeat themselves. The general structure of battle is the same but the details of how it plays out never, ever repeats the same way twice.

You could rightly say for you it doesn't feel that way, but you've said that many times before. I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd time we've had this discussion, in fact.

And I said nothing to insult you or offend you. It's simply a fact that certain ppl have a bigger passion for certain games. And ppl who have a massive passion for a game will have a higher proclivity to play it longer and get more out of it. That wasn't some 3rd grade, "you're not a real fan" insult, it's a legitimate observation and the likely explanation for why I don't get tired of this game as quickly. Because I am a massive fan. Has nothing to do with being a "true fan" and those words never came out of my mouth.

But your resorting to calling me a loser? I don't even know what to say. I've done nothing to insult you and now I'm being called names?

Given this is the 3rd time you've butted in to have this same argument with me and tell me how wrong I am for still enjoying the game, it seems to me you're offended by it. And when I try to give a reasonably well thought out explanation for why that may be... why I'm not tired of the game, so that you can finally drop this and just respect the fact I'm not you and let me enjoy the game without telling me over and over and over again how you just can't keep playing (which I know, I heard you the last two times you told me in great detail, not sure why you're telling me all over again), now I get called names.

What is your problem, man?

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

@Pizzamorg
I don't. If the variation wasn't there I wouldn't still be playing. The fact I am kinda puts my money where my mouth is.

Just because the monster has a set of moves doesn't mean the fight plays out the same way. There's infinite degrees of freedom with respect to how fights play out. They never repeat themselves. The general structure of battle is the same but the details of how it plays out never, ever repeats the same way twice.

You could rightly say for you it doesn't feel that way, but you've said that many times before. I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd time we've had this discussion, in fact.

And I said nothing to insult you or offend you. It's simply a fact that certain ppl have a bigger passion for certain games. And ppl who have a massive passion for a game will have a higher proclivity to play it longer and get more out of it. That wasn't some 3rd grade, "you're not a real fan" insult, it's a legitimate observation and the likely explanation for why I don't get tired of this game as quickly. Because I am a massive fan. Has nothing to do with being a "true fan" and those words never came out of my mouth.

But your resorting to calling me a loser? I don't even know what to say. I've done nothing to insult you and now I'm being called names?

Given this is the 3rd time you've butted in to have this same argument with me and tell me how wrong I am for still enjoying the game, it seems to me you're offended by it. And when I try to give a reasonably well thought out explanation for why that may be... why I'm not tired of the game, so that you can finally drop this and just respect the fact I'm not you and let me enjoy the game without telling me over and over and over again how you just can't keep playing (which I know, I heard you the last two times you told me in great detail, not sure why you're telling me all over again), now I get called names.

What is your problem, man?

My problem?

"some ppl just burn through content like a crackhead on payday and move onto the next game, and the next game. And that's fine

But for ppl who are genuine hard-core fans of the series"

???

How do you want me to take this childish BS?

Other than you just completely overselling and flat out making up the merits of a game, seemingly in the aim of trying to even what? Change my mind on a game I already love? But of course you love it more because you put more hours in, what kind of childish nonsense is this? You want the top fan badge? You can have it, you don't need to tell me how genuine I am or how much passion I have, about the series, because I know. And then you tell me to stop having the same conversations? Just respect my opinion and stop sending me essays every time I bring up my opinion then and the conversation will just move on. Your ridiculous hyperbolic statements are objectively not true will never change my mind.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic