Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 4,706

VoidofLight

Honestly, the only reason I dropped off from Rise was because of the tower defense segments that were required to reach the higher HR. If it weren't for those, I'd probably enjoy the game more, since those are just aggravating to deal with.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Did you do it solo or with people? bc its actually fun with people.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher I did them with people once, but my friends don't really play often anymore, so I probably have to do them by myself now.

Pizzamorg

Joeynator3000 wrote:

@Snatcher Yeah, but at the same time, compared to other past base games...Rise is REALLY barebones with endgame content.

Which MH had a better end game on release? You can't use rereleases, Ultimate versions, expansions or anything else. Because World certainly didn't. And I can't think of an older game that did, either.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Joeynator3000

@Pizzamorg ....4th gen and below that?

Even Tri had me going for longer than Rise...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pizzamorg

Joeynator3000 wrote:

@Pizzamorg ....4th gen and below that?

Even Tri had me going for longer than Rise...

On release wasn't their end game the same? Hit a HR to unlock a new monster and keep crafting the gear you've already unlocked to beat existing monsters slightly faster?

Joeynator3000

I'm pretty sure MH4 had plenty of stuff to do as well since the high rank hub area was mostly unchanged in Ultimate.

And don't even get me started on Generations, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I could do them with ya if you want, I don't mind.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher I'll probably take you up on that offer in a while.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight It would be my pleasure.

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 Is this before or after Iceborne? Since the G rank content is like an entirely new game sitting upon the original game.

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 I get the feeling Rise will be better once the G rank stuff comes.

JaxonH

G Rank baby!

450 hours in the base game. This expansion will surely add another 300.

Looks like Monster Hunter is back on the menu, boys!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lugazz

I like how they are announcing it will be a "massive expansion" ! This will make me get back into MH Rise. Anytime now I'll do those event quests to get Capcom skins

Lugazz

Pizzamorg

So pretty much nothing of merit in that MH update thing. PC version is coming out at a weird time, I thought it would be at least a year long exclusive on Switch, but I guess they were conscious of how close it could be releasing to Sunbreak if Sunbreak is simultaneous with Switch and PC.

Demo on 13 October, so will probably download it and see if it is worth playing through the whole thing on PC again or whether I should just get Sunbreak for my Switch and carry on where I am already at. So far, nothing they have shown from the PC version has been all that amazing, but maybe it'll look more significant when ran natively.

The higher framerates may be nice, especially as Rise is a faster, more movement focused entry than past titles but I'll have to see just how bad the Switch version feels after I try the demo, because I always thought the Switch was stable enough that I never really minded playing in 30 FPS.

Grumblevolcano

The way the Steam trailer was done did make it seem a bit like the Switch is ancient hardware, particularly the "high framerate" and "voice chat" segments.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pizzamorg

Here is the 4K 60 trailer for PC (as it was a 720p stream) for those interested. Keep in mind YouTube still applies a crazy amount of compression.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Switch version's framerate is EXTREMELY stable. It feels great to play.

Compare with the 3DS Monster Hunters, World on PS4/Xbone where the framerate was all over the place.

But, of course, a solid 60fps on PC will obviously feel and look even better. But I'm super impressed with how Rise turned out on Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

I also am not sure how I feel about the PC version of Rise in general tbh. Like those sharp, crisp, characters on those low res, mobile game looking, backgrounds just isn't very nice looking. I guess it would be disingenuous to think they'd fully rework Rise (although they did have almost an extra year) but it doesn't even look like they bothered to upres the ground textures, let alone in maybe fleshing out the textures to make things look less flat and more alive.

Rise looks really rough on the Switch, with it's odd, upscaled, low res graphics but it is clearly done to maintain that steady framerate. Even when four players are spamming particle effects on a monster writhing on the ground, there was no real noticeable chugging to me. An inconsistent framerate is worse than a steady 30 fps framerate imo.

So like, I am kinda losing interest in a double dip but I will dabble in the demo and see how it feels.

JokerCK

I was thinking of buying Rise while there was a ready sale. But I think it's more reasonable to wait for the pc version from now on.

JokerCK

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic