Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 3,557

Ulysses

@Ryu_Niiyama Oh, I see! Well that makes sense, and as you said, everyone learns differently.

Although, I'm also a little concerned, but for me, it was hearing you say you put in 40 hours already and still haven't really enjoyed yourself, aside from those few moments you mentioned.

Ultimately, I don't think you should feel badly for putting down MHRise if it still doesn't click for you after much longer. After all, life is short! And moving on to spend your time doing something you truly enjoy is more important than the money you spent on the game. 40+ hours is an impressive amount of commitment though! In fact, that's already getting your full money's worth out of the average game these days. So don't feel badly if the game still isn't clicking for you! No game is for everyone, just like a piece of music.

It's always possible that something may change all of a sudden if you continue playing. But for the most part... Putting in tens of hours into a game, usually, should give you a pretty decent idea by that point whether or not you're going to really enjoy a game.

Ulysses

Snatcher

Sure, give me two F*** almudron plate's, but not one gem, I swear, I hate gem hunting in this game.

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

TeeJay

Meanwhile I've been getting showered in gems whenever I play it feels like. Just got two Daora gems after the only hunt I did today...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@TeeJay The desire sensor is real!

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

Ralizah

Just beat the Kushala Daora (I think that was its name?) urgent quest. Cool monster, and pretty intimidating at first, but the fight ended up being pretty easy once I got used to its attack patterns (the exact opposite of the dopey Chameleos, who actually caused me to fail a quest when I first fought him!)

Might have helped that he's so aggressive that he attacks every monster in the zone. There was a really cool turf war that involved a mid-air battle between Magnamalo and Kushala. It looked like Magnamalo was using its explosions to vault back up and continue attacking Kushala after it started falling.

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Strikers (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster (Switch)
Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Snatcher

Look maybe its just me, and maybe its bc I played alot of world, but does the input's in this game feel slugish to anyone? Now i'm not going to get into all to reason's why I think it is, but It just feels like moves take longer to get out or not as fluid as other game's (Not just monster hunter) Like I will try and to a move that has you press two button's at the same time, and sometime's my hunter just wont do anything.

Like I said maybe this is just me, and i'm not hating on the game, after a wile I got used to it, but I still kinda feel it you know?

TeeJay

Snatcher wrote:

Look maybe its just me, and maybe its bc I played alot of world, but does the input's in this game feel slugish to anyone? Now i'm not going to get into all to reason's why I think it is, but It just feels like moves take longer to get out or not as fluid as other game's (Not just monster hunter) Like I will try and to a move that has you press two button's at the same time, and sometime's my hunter just wont do anything.

Like I said maybe this is just me, and i'm not hating on the game, after a wile I got used to it, but I still kinda feel it you know?

I've never felt anything like that personally.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@TeeJay Ya, its sounds like its just me or i'm to used to world's.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
World allowed any buttons pressed during current animations playing out to queue up and automatically activate once the current animation finished. Makes the game easier because you don’t have to worry about timing.

Rise goes back to only accepting inputs when you’re not currently involved in an animation. This can result in what may appear to be not registering inputs, which, technically it’s not, but the reason it’s not is because those inputs were pressed during an animation, before it finished playing out.

There’s pros and cons to each approach. Conversation for another day, perhaps. But that’s why. Once you understand that’s what’s going on it should be a lot easier to mitigate.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise, MHGU
PC: Monster Hunter World
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Stories 2, Mario Golf Super Rush, Zelda Skyward Sword, Ni No Kuni 2, Tony Hawk PS 1/2

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Snatcher

@JaxonH OOOOOOOH, thanks mate, So after the animation, I can do another input, right?

Ulysses

Taking a break for a few days was just what I needed to come back feeling more fresh! Ready to get back into the hunts, craft more decorations and armor pieces, finish up the HBG weapon trees, and get my starter buddies to level 50.

Just like Pokemon, my "starter" buddies don't have the ideal skill/ability distribution as other buddies that I've hunted for, but I love 'em all the same, so they'll be my first ones to be maxed out.

@JaxonH That is actually really good to know on a technical level, because I was about to tell @Snatcher that I do indeed feel a difference between MHWorld and Rise. MHRise has that classic MH deliberation to button input that you just don't experience with MHWorld. And like Jaxon said, World's system makes the moment-to-moment gameplay a bit smoother and easier for newcomers to acclimate to the franchise. To me, World's button input makes the game feel more floaty and less grounded, so I will always prefer the classic MH system.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Snatcher

@Ulysses Ya i'm sort of on a break myself, I have yet to do the last elder dragon in this update, just been taking it real slow.

TeeJay

I haven't played in a few days.

I've just been kinda out of content I wanna do other than try out even more of the weapons, which I've already branched out to enough weapons atm.

Aside from that all there is to do right now is kill the same few elder dragons and very few Apexes available over and over. They're fun but after a while it gets old.

I really do hope 3.0 introduces some sort of new long-term end game feature to really dig into, though I'm not entirely sure that'll be the case just yet. I think 3.0 will be focused on properly finishing the story, and while they're at it they'll add some more new monsters and Apexes to chew on for a while, but just like 2.0 after a little while that will also get stale.

I'm thinking 4.0 will be the update that truly brings that proper post-game gameplay loop I crave.

Snatcher

@TeeJay Ya I agree, I might play world to hold me over.

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Not sure if we’ll get a 4.0

I think we’ll continue to get event quests, but I do believe 3.0 is it for new monsters. They added 4 new monsters and 2 new apexes for 2.0. They’ll add 3 new monsters and 2 more apexes for 3.0, including the final boss. Grand total of 11 added monsters (7 non apex).

G rank is where it’s at for true endgame. I struggled with base game World endgame, and after 375 hours in Rise, I’m slowing down there too. Definitely got more out of it than World, but all base games must wind down at some point, especially in this new streamlined era where quests don’t take as long and there’s not as much time consuming grinding.

That said, I plan to go hard for one final binge when 3.0 drops. At least make all the new armors and weapons and get my fill of the rampages.

But when G rank comes, and we’re truly put to the test, and have true endgame... I may sink another 400.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise, MHGU
PC: Monster Hunter World
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Stories 2, Mario Golf Super Rush, Zelda Skyward Sword, Ni No Kuni 2, Tony Hawk PS 1/2

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

TeeJay

Here it cooooooomesssss

It's 1.4GB!

Edited on by TeeJay

Snatcher

@TeeJay He we gooo hype, hype! I need to jump back in and face the last elder dragon, then I need to go upgrade my armor, maybe I can change my narg weapon, and lord please let Val get in I will hunt him for days on end, I will get every bit of armor he's got, Oh man I can't wait, then we will probably get apex Zinorger, this it. just one week to go.

Snatcher

The Tigrex charge blade looks great, White sharpness, 220 attack, And we all know we can fix the affinity, but the things is, should I make a build for it, I need I'm pretty sure there is a gem that will fix it anyway, Oh and I wanted to get the kushala Legs to help with my dragon CB sharpness but uh, I couldn't find the monster gem I needed for the handy craft skill soooo, I will build around the Tigrex CB instead.

DomGC

Oh, so I guess we can expect another 5 or so monsters after all

Edited on by DomGC

DomGC

Giancarlothomaz

@TeeJay 1.4 GB for the 3.0 update of Monster Hunter Rise? Capcom must have added a lot of content in this update, just like the 2.0 update of the game.

i like HD Rumble.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic