Forums

Topic: Metroid Dread

Posts 681 to 700 of 862

roy130390

I can't believe how fun is to replay this game multiple times. I mean, it's a thing with Metroid games but this one feels even better.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

gcunit

My save file is showing under 20hrs so far, but my activity log is showing over 30hrs. Makes me wonder if the save file timer stops when you pause to look at the map etc. because I haven't spent any time with the game loaded but me not actively playing or checking the map. Anyone else get that disparity?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

yokokazuo

@gcunit Can confirm that it is paused in the map and some similar events. Cutscenes can be watched or skipped as the time for those is always added on no matter what. Also when speaking to Adam, the dialogue in those scenes do count, so if doing a speed run, it is recommended to skip through it as fast as possible.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

gcunit

@yokokazuo Thanks, I wasn't thinking about it from a speedrunning perspective, but that makes sense now.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarioBrickLayer

So, I've been stuck on Escue for a couple of days (maybe 20-30 attempts over that time) when I finally decided to slow it down and focus on dodging attacks and only getting one or two missle hits in between dodging their attacks rather than going for 3 or 4, I beat it on my first attempt with the change on tactics!

Anyway, I wanted to do some exploring but the first room I open with the storm missile has two Chozo Soildiers in it!!

MarioBrickLayer

Quarth

Help! On the Experiment boss fight, when I counter it's melee attack the cutscene doesn't happen. Is there something more I need to do to trigger it? This must be the hardest one so far...

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

JoyBoy

@Quarth I don't remember there being a cutscene? I loved that fight though.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

NintendoByNature

@Quarth from what I remember, I don't know if you can actually parry it. I know it has a small window that seems like it can when it lunges at you, but I tried time and time again and I was never able to actually land a counter

NintendoByNature

yokokazuo

@Quarth did you fire any missiles? It may only start once you start shooting it perhaps.

@NintendoByNature it can be a bit tricky to do, you need to make sure you’re up close to its face when it’s firing that laser so you can counter when it is about to lunge. Then just spam missiles during the cutscene.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

rallydefault

I'm not a huge Metroid fan, but of course I bought Dread lol

I'm liking it. One of the barriers for the original games was that I felt the movements were very stiff and unforgiving, but this is smooth as butter.

I definitely spent many deaths running head first into an EMMI and trying to time the button press, but then I started using my brain haha

rallydefault

Quarth

@JoyBoy @NintendoByNature Yeah, there's a cutscene with Samus riding it's head, that should trigger when you successfully counter the attack, but I don't get it to work. If you look at videos on it, you'll see.

@yokokazuo Yeah, I do that, but maybe I'm too slow? I just get some health and missile drops.

Octane

@NintendoByNature You can either just fire your gun, or missiles. Both work. I spam Y as soon as I counter him, and once the dynamic scene starts, I start firing missiles. The second phase still got me though lol.

Octane

JoyBoy

@Quarth which attack though? Are you referring to the one where he creates this huge blast which forces you to position yourself next to it's head?

SW-7849-9887-2074

Quarth

@JoyBoy Yeah, when you position yourself close to its head, right after it finishes the blast, it will do a quick attack that you can counter. I guess if I counter it successfully and hits it with missiles quick enough after that, the cutscene will trigger.

Edited on by Quarth

NintendoByNature

@Octane man I never got to any cutscenes against the experiment. At least I still beat him though lol

NintendoByNature

JoyBoy

@Quarth I did actually counter that move but maybe didn't follow op with a missile? Didn't know that was a requirement.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Quarth

@JoyBoy Maybe I should use the regular blaster instead?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic