Forums

Topic: Mario Tennis Aces

Posts 101 to 120 of 311

redd214

@Snadertjuh there is a normal demo it's actually supposed to come out today the 24th.

redd214

RDBC1983

It's not up yet in the store, maybe later...

RDBC1983

TheTetrisGuy

The demo is live!

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

redd214

You can't do anything really in it though. Can't even practice with computer, says service unavailable. All can do is poke around the menus

redd214

TheTetrisGuy

Huh, that’s weird I thought they said you could play against the AI... that’s a bummer.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

redd214

That's what i thought too. There's seems to be a bit of confusion surrounding this demo. Leave it to nintendo make a demo confusing lol😂

redd214

SuperWeird

So let me get this straight... Nintendo releases a demo for Aces but won't allow us to play it in any way? What is the point of releasing it now, why not wait until next week when it's actually useable? Dumb.

SuperWeird

FragRed

@SuperWeird Why allow you to play against CPU but not actually make that option available? So many questions... then you remember it's Nintendo and there's no normal logic behind their thinking

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Slasher

Guys, lets be real, there was NO WAY that was going to happen. You can't just expect Nintendo to suddenly include Pauline in sports/party games. It doesn't work like that. What kind of Special Shot/Trick Shot will she have? And for the record, I don't know WHY some of y'all are disappointed by this just because Pauline might not be in this game. That list(which I'm HOPING is true) is an amazing lineup of characters. Hell, be glad that Metal Mario, Gold Mario, and Pink Gold Peach will most likely not be a part of this game.Nintendo JUST NOW BROUGHT HER BACK IN 2017 THROUGH SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY!!! Don't get me wrong because I like Pauline, but do not be surprise if she's not even included through DLC or free updates.
P.S: In my opinion, this tennis game will most likely be the best Mario Tennis game in years(probably better than Mario Tennis: Power Tour and/or Mario Power Tennis).
P.S.S: However, I will say that my only personal gripe with this game is that fact that Fly Guy and Wiggler might not be in this game and that the items from Mario Power Tennis will not return in this game.

Edited on by Slasher

Slasher

kkslider5552000

I'm not gonna pretend I care, but at the same time, they probably could have. Just factually. Like, Smash 4 had a Wooly World stage before that game even came out. It's not a stretch to have Pauline if the Mario Odyssey team gave some info to the Mario Tennis team early enough.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JasmineDragon

What do you guys reckon the odds are of having a left-handed play option? I notice that none of the characters in the trailers are playing left-handed. I kmow it's a long shot, but it would be very cool if lefty play was an option. If it isn't, motion control is not going to work for me at all.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

EvilLucario

@JasmineDragon 100%.

Untitled

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

@EvilLucario Wow, that's amazing! I just got a whole lot more likely to buy this.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

EvilLucario

Damn, this game is looking better and better the more we see this game.

Also I love the Infinity Racquet in the story mode. Mario Tennis: Infinity Aces

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

This boss fight is the highlight for me. Probably because this is the justifiable reason why Mario is your lone hero in this story mode and this can probably to exciting situations if taken advantage of.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

KirbyTheVampire

Do you guys recommend playing with the Pro controller or Joy-Cons? Haven't tried the game yet, but I will soon.

KirbyTheVampire

meleebrawler

That the game lets you see the connection rating at all is something I wish more of them did. Currently only Puyo-Puyo Tetris of all things is the only game on Switch that does this, and coincidentally enough Mario Strikers Charged also did this. Is it a Mario sports thing?

It's a shame that opting out of what looks to be bad connection opponents kicks you out of your current tournament run, though it's understandable given the potential abuse of cherry-picking easy opponents, and arguably better than putting an unfair loss on your record. Otherwise, in non-tournament scenarios, it's almost ideal.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

GeeEmm

Push right stick in the direction of the ball, or use the left stick and double tap x. If your close enough for a normal shot youll most likely jump over it.
Alot of the time, I forget to use it. When this game releases I think ill be sticking to the simple rules mode for online.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic