Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,057

shaneoh

Dev wrote:

Screenshots:
Looks like this is the game in which Bowser will finally try to marry Princess Peach!
Untitled

He looks seriously snazzy in that tux.

I'm hoping that Nintendo go with an orchestrated soundtrack again.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

ThainEshKelch

Looking very good to me. I also got the Super Mario Sunshine vibe from this, which is wonderful!

ThainEshKelch

Member_the_game

Have to say it looks amazing but by not being a launch title its effectively stopped me from pre ordering a switch

Member_the_game

Therad

So... The new hook in this is hats with powers.

Therad

jump

Therad wrote:

No, his hat has googley eyes. Maybe Ninty have listen to be people talk about wanting an old skool Rare 3d platform and thought adding googely eyes is what they meant.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Therad

jump wrote:

Therad wrote:

No, his hat has googley eyes. Maybe Ninty have listen to be people talk about wanting an old skool Rare 3d platform and thought adding googely eyes is what they meant.

I think you will be able to have other hats, since we see at least 2 locations with crazy caps stores.

Therad

6ch6ris6

i first thought this would be some mario GTA when i saw new york and the cabs

game looks amazing. like really cool and i am hyped for it. could be as good as galaxy

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Haru17

Dev wrote:

Looks like this is the game in which Bowser will finally try to marry Princess Peach!

Excuse me, that already happened in Super Paper Mario XD. It literally ended the world.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

On Nintendo's website it says that it's a single player game, no co-op. So that Switch reveal trailer segment wasn't representative of Super Mario Odyssey.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

@Octane I guess I didn't see it or I'm out of the loop but what part of the reveal trailer made us think it would be co-op?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoyBoy

@Spoony_Tech He is talking about the original Switch reveal trailer. Where this woman is playing Mario in front of the tv and goes outside and hands out these joycons implying there will be coop.

Actually I didn't take it literally, just thought of it more of a concept showcase.

Btw, since the city area seems to heavily reference Donkey Kong. With all the street names etc. Do you think we'll actually see a Donkey Kong boss fight? That would be pretty cool.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Spoony_Tech

So they never actually showed 2 people playing the game then?!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Spoony_Tech The rooftop party, some people assumed that Mario would be co-op since there were two people holding controllers in the trailer, it looked like they were playing a co-op game.

Octane

Haywired

Can't say I love seeing Mario in a gritty, urban, realistic world... It doesn't look right to me (though I suppose it's not the first time it's been done). I think Super Mario 3D World absolutely nailed the look and style of a modern 3D HD Mario game, but anyway, the gameplay looks good.

Also, how come the humans in the city have realistic looks/proportions, and yet Mario/Peach, etc. are also human but are cartoony?

Haywired

Spoony_Tech

I guess I didn't think or hear that anywhere. I see what you're saying but in my view we have no idea what they're playing.

MERG said:

Octane

@Spoony_Tech That's true, but that was the general assumption back then, just wanted to get that cleared up.

Octane

LuigiTheGreenFire

This is the Mario game I have wanted after I played Super Mario Galaxy 2. This game looks amazing and I will have to get a Switch before the year is over to play it.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Henmii

This looked highly weird, but also interesting! As some people predicted this is somekind of Mario world-tour (Mario is missing, lol). It looks like Bowser is gonna marry Peach, that happened before. And quite some new enemies from the looks of it, but where are the coins (I believe I didn't see any)?

As for the "human" world: I feel this game is a bit targeted at the "Run" crowd. That's why we see a human city, lots of running, even rolling! Though maybe Nintendo chose to start the game in Brooklyn this time?

Also, boomerang-hat possibly replaces the boomerang-flower? The hat may be a multi-purpose thing with all kinds of powers.

I also love the animations. Looks like Mario gets the Luigi (Luigi's mansion) treatment. This is especially apparent in his shivering animation.

By the way: No mario vs rabbids, thank goodness! In fact, Ubisoft wasn't even on the floor (though I saw a glimpse of the Rayman legends port).

"Weird, wacky, and crazy. That's what I love about some of the Mario games like this one"

Now I am also reminded of Mario wacky worlds (the canned cd-i title).

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Andrzej777

This is a game that I will buy for sure. The whole real world thing might actually not be what I would have imagined or desired but still it looked awesome IMHO. Should be a lot of fun!

Andrzej777

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic