Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 2,144

nomither6

i have a question if anyone could answer please - should i just get MK8 ? skipped wii u, & never played it on switch; my plan was to hold out until the next mario kart drops but at this point considering how many years 8 has been the current game and it’s recent update, should i just get this game ?

also another reason i held off from it is because of videos and gameplay i’ve seen over the years , i just knew i wasn’t going to like it how i liked mkwii, but again - i’ve been waiting pretty long to play a new MK and it seems 8 is going nowhere

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

MarioVillager92

It's been fun playing Mario Kart with @Sunsy, @Tyranexx, and @Vortexeo! GGs, hope you all had fun.

Untitled

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

MarioLover92 wrote:

It's been fun playing Mario Kart with Sunsy, Tyranexx, and Vortexeo! GGs, hope you all had fun.
Untitled

That I did! Even if the trolling from other players seemed way more intense than usual today. XD So. Many. Boos.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vortexeo

MarioLover92 wrote:

It's been fun playing Mario Kart with @Sunsy, @Tyranexx, and @Vortexeo! GGs, hope you all had fun.
Untitled

Hopefully we can do it again! You did pretty good @Sunsy!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 @Tyranexx @Vortexeo Thanks! I had fun playing you three. Did have a couple of close calls running into Tyranexx, lol.

Thanks Vortexeo!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Lol, I know that's happened to me as well... sometimes I'd be in a lobby, and I'd consistently place badly because of the sheer chaos the items bring. I think that's more common when you're around the middle/back of the pack, since everyone would have more powerful items. I still can't believe I did as well as I did in our session, lol. Glad you had fun nonetheless.

@Vortexeo @Sunsy Yeah we should set up another session sometime! Glad you all had fun. Looks like we were twins, Sunsy... since we both picked Peach!

@nomither6 At this point, I would think that 8 Deluxe is the Switch's premiere Mario Kart game, especially with the Booster Course Pass. The next one after 8 Deluxe is likely gonna be on the next Nintendo console. Did you not like Mario Kart Wii? They're pretty similar gameplay-wise and they both get chaotic if that's what you're worried about, but I think MK8D is the better game overall.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I am an equal opportunity troller in that game.

@MarioLover92 @Vortexeo We should indeed do this again sometime!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Definitely, in some races it was like you and I were the only ones as Peach.

@Tyranexx Indeed, meanwhile I was trying to chase you whenever I had the super star, lol. Fun times.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

D20Nat20

nomither6 wrote:

i have a question if anyone could answer please - should i just get MK8 ? skipped wii u, & never played it on switch; my plan was to hold out until the next mario kart drops but at this point considering how many years 8 has been the current game and it’s recent update, should i just get this game ?
also another reason i held off from it is because of videos and gameplay i’ve seen over the years , i just knew i wasn’t going to like it how i liked mkwii, but again - i’ve been waiting pretty long to play a new MK and it seems 8 is going nowhere

Wii is a better all round game tbh (nicer art style imo, auto drift mode for wheel users and i belive drafting is only in wii?) but 8/8dx is amazing too it has a huge track list but with bc pass you get tour tracks too

D20Nat20

D20Nat20

NeonPizza wrote:

@D20Nat20
Somebody on NL was labelling the Switch successor as Nintendo Cosmo. I don't know where they got that name from, but it sounds amazing and easily the coolest Nintendo console name since Super Nintendo imo.

And a Mario Kart VR game is inevitable, it's just a matter of time! Agreed on Nintendo using a Quest 3-like VR headset as an accessory to VR-ify their exclusives and 3rd party exclusives. If i were them I'd drop the Quest 3's LCD and use a better OLED display, or maybe an LCD with advanced Local dimming for deeper inky blacks(Although blooming might be an issue), better controller haptics, adaptive triggers and a better looking front visor design.

Quest 3 is kind of on the right track, but it's held back by it's black levels, less vibrant colours, complete lack of capitvating AAA 3rd party VR games with the exception of that older RE4 VR port(Which looks ancient stacked up against RE4: VR mode on PSVR2) and recent Assasins creed game. Also, power wise, it just can't compete with what PSVR2 is doing. At least If the Quest 3 wirelessly connected to an XBOX Series X it would solve the lack of stand alone horse power. But alas.

Quest 3 had a weird launch. No AAA launch titles or anything new other than older updated indie Quest 2 games, and some Augmented Reality titles.

Cooling fans like psv2 are a must for vr going forward we need vr fog to end

D20Nat20

D20Nat20

NeonPizza wrote:

@D20Nat20
VR2 has a vent. I haven't experienced any lens fog yet, unlike the PSVR1 which happened every single play session. Comfort wise, VR2 feels harsh around the nose. Mind boggling that Sony never applied proper padding.

I bet theres extra padding on ebay tgh but still ...

Psvr1 i loved but i owned 3 everytime i sold due to fog issue ... It was unplayable in summer for this reason but wow vr pressence was crazy

Its weird really vr is pretty much just a 3d hmd but the head tracking allows for the virtual play space feeling
I barely used earphones as my hearing is bad so i want to avoid loss of hearing but tv sound was still good

D20Nat20

WiiWareWave

@NeonPizza I hope VR isn't the future unless they can fix the issue that makes a lot of people nauseous when using a headset "myself included". Plus I don't want that kind of immersion as it would make it too difficult to tell what's going on around you...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@Sunsy Well THAT explains why that icon came up a lot behind me! XD

vio

What in the blue hell is going on with MK8's servers? I keep getting the "A communication error has occurred." I was just playing Splatoon 3 before and had no issues. My connection is wired too.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Yup, that explains it, lol.

Grumblevolcano

Whatever happens with the future of Mario Kart, there needs to be an overhaul on the online matchmaking voting system. The wave 6 DLC only came out 6 days ago and we're already in a situation where wave 6 tracks are rarely playable because like half the lobby picks tracks that came to MK8 8-9 years ago and the track selector picks one of those.

With 96 tracks now available, I'd say the old voting system (e.g. MKWii) would've been much better. The one where you could pick anything.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano On one hand, I appreciate that MK8 forces you to only pick from a few select tracks as I'm sure it motivates some to branch out and pick courses that they otherwise wouldn't. But I agree that now, especially with 96 courses, it would be nice if we were just able to pick the ones we wanted, MKWii style. Maybe have a system in place where you can vote for any course you want, but once it's chosen, you'll have a cooldown for voting that map again? That could probably help to work against people spamming the same maps over and over again.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

TopazLink

Pauline's hair has become bugged in my game, it's only a small thing, but it's still happening even after turning the Switch off and on again.

I don't know what caused it, but now the physics are sometimes a bit wilder, though I actually kinda like how it looks on trick jumps.

You can tell if this has happened to you if you choose Pauline and then pick either the Mach 8 or Circuit Special, you'll see her hair is raised on one side, I think her hair is also slightly more curled when picking bikes too.

TopazLink

TopazLink

Okay maybe I'm just delusional and this isn't a thing at all xD Maybe I just didn't notice that her hair is raised slightly on one side with the Circuit Special and Mach 8? I doesn't look right to me though.

Anyway I guess you can probably ignore this then

TopazLink

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy @Eel Do you wanna play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with me on Saturday at 12 PM EST? Looks like @Tyranexx and @jedgamesguy will be joining as well.

Edit: Just updated the time.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic