Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,144

Fizza

I called Mushroom Gorge coming back literal months ago so let's see if my clairvoyance comes into effect once again. Here's my prediction for the upcoming tracks in Wave 3:

Rock Cup

• Mario Circuit (DS)
  • Dino Dino Jungle (GCN)
  • Ghost Valley 2 (SNES)
  • Maple Treeway (Wii)

Moon Cup

• Daisy Circuit (Wii)
  • Luigi's Mansion (DS)
  • Bowser's Castle (7)
  • Rainbow Road (Super Circuit)

I think, since it's the halfway point of the entire Pass, they'll put in a Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road from previous games to cap it off and thus, I went for the two I thought were most likely/reasonable at this point in time (I will be SHOCKED if Super Circuit's Rainbow Road doesn't get in). The rest were either thematic to the cup, ones that are likely to come back in some way, shape or form and ones I personally want to see return (I loved Daisy Circuit so I hope that one comes back especially).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Clyde_Radcliffe

I had never realised Wario Stadium & Waluigi Pinball had the exact same music all this time. Kind of disappointing, lol

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Grumblevolcano

List of tracks prior to MK8 with the same music:

• SNES Mario Circuit 1-4
  • SNES Donut Plains 1-3
  • SNES Ghost Valley 1-3
  • SNES Bowser Castle 1-3
  • SNES Choco Island 1-2
  • SNES Koopa Beach 1-2
  • SNES Vanilla Lake 1-2
  • N64 Luigi Raceway + Mario Raceway + Wario Stadium + Royal Raceway
  • N64 Moo Moo Farm + Yoshi Valley
  • N64 Frappe Snowland + Sherbet Land
  • GBA Peach Circuit + Mario Circuit + Luigi Circuit
  • GBA Shy Guy Beach + Cheep Cheep Island
  • GBA Riverside Park + Lakeside Park
  • GBA Bowser Castle 1-4
  • GBA Boo Lake + Broken Pier
  • GCN Luigi Circuit + Mario Circuit + Yoshi Circuit
  • GCN Peach Beach + Daisy Cruiser
  • GCN Mushroom Bridge + Mushroom City
  • GCN Waluigi Stadium + Wario Colosseum
  • GCN DK Mountain + Dino Dino Jungle
  • DS Figure 8 Circuit + Mario Circuit
  • DS Waluigi Pinball + Wario Stadium
  • Wii Luigi Circuit + Mario Circuit
  • 3DS Toad Circuit + Mario Circuit (Koopa City is a remix)
  • 3DS Wuhu Island Loop + Wuhu Mountain Loop

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

vio

Is there any word on what time Wave 2 will drop? I just checked Nintendo's maintenance site and there is a "distribution of update data" scheduled from 6:30 to 7:00pm tonight here in US Pacific Time! Curious indeed.. Could this possibly be the DLC? Doesn't seem right though as this is Tuesday August 2nd and Wave 2 is of course advertised to drop Thursday August 4th.. I'm really hoping, hoping it is a simultaneous worldwide release this time because if I'm not mistaken that means it would actually go live BEFORE the 4th here in the states if that happened. The way they released Wave 1 with different regions going live at different times and then having to also wait days after that for the new courses to finally enter the online rotation on top of that really blew!

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Grumblevolcano

@vio The UK and US trailers say August 4th meanwhile the Japan trailer says August 5th so we're probably looking at mid to late afternoon UK time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

tekoii

@TowaHerschel7 I'm here responding pretty late... but hey! We got the Wave 2 announced ready for Thursday right? I'm pretty hyped, always great racing with the friends I did see a couple screens of the courses, and I love the ones they picked!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WaffleBoat

@StarPoint @Grumblevolcano
On the switch online icon on the home screen It shows a countdown to the release drop. I live in the US btw.

Edited on by WaffleBoat

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

WiiWareWave

@vio Update will drop tonight. I'm expecting the softlock in Ninja Hideaway to be fixed and maybe some better indicators of where to go in the roundabout section of Paris Promenade since that part is extremely poorly indicated. The tracks will be listed, but locked just like when the update dropped a day before the Wave 1 DLC. 😉

I also wouldn't be surprised if we see a Midnight EDT / 9:00 PM PDT release tomorrow.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@GoombaKing64 Thanks for pointing that out!

The countdown adds up to 9:00 AM CST on August 4th for me. That 3:00 PM for the UKers out there.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

vio

@GoombaKing64 Good find. It looks like I won't be playing the DLC until 7am Thursday. ☹ Pretty disappointing, I was hoping it would drop midnight at the latest, but at least the long, long wait is almost over. From what I gather this a simultaneous worldwide release, right? That's definitely an improvement over Wave 1 and hopefully the courses will be available in the online rotation immediately this time!

vio

@TowaHerschel7 Disregard that reply I made earlier. I am deleting it. I misread your comment as "WHERE'S the timer at now?" Derp.. Not enough sleep LOL.

Fizza

@TowaHerschel7 I'll probably be asleep when it drops so I've got no qualms with it myself 😅

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

For wave 3 I'm going to predict (in series order, not the way it'll appear in the cups):

• GBA Bowser Castle 3
  • GCN Mushroom City
  • DS Mario Circuit
  • Wii DK's Snowboard Cross
  • 3DS Alpine Pass
  • Tour London Loop
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • Tour Merry Mountain

Each wave so far has had 3 Tour tracks (2 city + 1 non-city), a circuit track, a deep cut track which hasn't appeared as a retro track before and 3 fan favourites.

Wave 1 was:

• Tour tracks (Paris Promenade, Tokyo Blur, Ninja Hideaway)
  • Circuit track (3DS Toad Circuit)
  • Deep cut track which hasn't appeared as a retro track before (DS Shroom Ridge)
  • Fan favourites (N64 Choco Mountain, GBA Sky Garden, Wii Coconut Mall)

Wave 2 was:

• Tour tracks (New York Minute, Sydney Sprint, Sky-High Sundae)
  • Circuit track (SNES Mario Circuit 3)
  • Deep cut track that hasn't appeared as a retro track before (GBA Snow Land)
  • Fan favourites (N64 Kalimari Desert, DS Waluigi Pinball, Wii Mushroom Gorge)

I remember MKWii online so well, people picked GBA Bowser Castle 3 and DK's Snowboard Cross so often. While I didn't play MK7 online anywhere near as much, I remember Alpine Pass being picked a lot.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

sisodinr

@Grumblevolcano
DK's Snowboard Cross was so much fun. Selfishly, I just want remakes of all the Wii tracks. They were easily my favorites across all games.

sisodinr

WaterKirby_64

Here are my predictions for the remaining 4 Waves

Wave 3:
Tour Vancouver Velocity
DS Airship Fortress
GBA Lakeside Park
3DS Wario Shipyard
Tour Singapore Speedway
GCN Daisy Cruiser
Merry Mountain
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar