Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,139

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes ahh, so you just jump over the mushroom entirely? That’s a good strat, I’ll have to start doing that

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@StarPoint For 200cc, yes, if you jump at the very end of the rap, you can clear the mushroom trampoline thing altogether. It doesn't look like you can clear the mushroom tramp with 150cc - I checked my 150cc time trial.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ophone

Untitled
I changed my setup. Switched from the City Tripper to Mr Scooty, the latter handles better.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Fizza

@ophone This setup is telling a bloody story: Wario got fired from his delivery job for eating the pizzas and now he has to make do with his own scooter instead of the company's one. Poor guy.

Jokes aside, I wanted to ask you, since your so well versed in MK, how would you rate my regular setup? This one's mainly for casual and online play since I don't really do the time trials too much (even though I absolutely should):

Shy Guy
Flame Rider
Monster Wheels
Plane Glider

I am prepared to be roasted.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@Fizza What tires do you use? My typical setup for online races is the Biddybuggy, Roller, and Parachute. As for what character I pick, I found myself playing as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Rosalina, or Toadette and I've been seeing some good success with them. Toadette in particular has a really high mini-turbo.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

@MarioLover92 Monster for me. Just edited my post there to show that off as well, I somehow completely forgot tyres existed XD

MarioVillager92

@Fizza Ok, gotcha. According to the MK8D kart builder, your grip is really good. Not sure how I can rate it myself, but it seems to be a pretty decent vehicle, at least for casual play. My build typically prioritizes acceleration and mini-turbo.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

ophone

@Fizza
I'm the wrong person to ask, I'm a Wario fan and I just want to use what looks funny.
I only put on Roller tyres because everyone says they're the best.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Grumblevolcano

The next Mario Kart Tour track is Wii Koopa Cape, the game is getting ever closer to having all the tracks from MK7.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

I've been coming to a bit of a realization: After playing on the first wave of the Booster Course Pass for a solid couple of months now, I feel that I... sort of... don't mind how they look? When they were first revealed, I will admit I was pretty disappointed in the art style. It definitely clashes with a lot of the base tracks, and playing them side by side is pretty noticeable.

But despite all of that, I have grown to not mind the art style as much as I once did. I tend to play on 150cc and 200cc exclusively, so usually, I'm going so fast that I don't really tend to notice things like a low-detailed texture or a plain wall. I focus on the mechanics of the game and the layout of the tracks, which are still very good in the DLC.

Have you guys felt the same? Have your opinions on the looks of the DLC changed at all?

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

cordova94

I just bought my kid (ok, me as well), the Mario and Luigi wheels for the joy cons to replace the generic ones I got in an accessory kit. Gift or bribe? Whatever, I'm collecting my Mother of the Year Trophy now.....

He's going to be so excited! I'm so excited to see it!

I tend to play with Rosalina or Toad, always on a Vespa and the red star wheels. I'm sure I'm not as good overall as I am against a 5yo.......

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

Fizza

@StarPoint You really start to forget about it once you're actually playing the courses, you know? That's how I feel about it at least. The music being just as amazing as base MK8 helps as well though, especially Choco Mountain, Coconut Mall and Toad Circuit, those songs are so good.

StarPoint

@Fizza Absolutely. The music is top-tier, which helps them fit in quite a bit more.

@WoomyNNYes Same for me. Once I actually got the details as to how the tracks played out, both in TT and VS, the majority of my worries disappeared.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

StuTwo

I think some of them (Paris & Ninja Hideout) fit in really well. Others clash a bit & are a bit generic.

But then some of the regular MK8 tracks are stronger than others anyway. That’s always been the case.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

MarioVillager92

@StarPoint The visuals of the DLC courses can be a bit simplistic for sure (Toad Circuit and Shroom Ridge come to mind), so I was slightly concerned, but I knew I was gonna enjoy playing on them anyway, so it didn't bother me as much. Even less so after actually playing them - Paris Promenade is one of my new favorite tracks, and it looks great in-game, too! And yes, the music for all of these tracks are amazing, and Mario Kart 8's soundtrack is awesome to begin with.

tekoii

Hey guys @MarioLover92 and I are gonna play some MK8D later, I figured to drop the invite here! Just lmk and I'll add you on Switch so we can getting to racing!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

sisodinr

@Grumblevolcano I’d gladly take Koopa Cape in the next booster course wave for MK8DX. And really, most any courses from MK Wii while they’re at it.

sisodinr

Grumblevolcano

The next MK Tour track is GCN Baby Park and the teased Mii costume for the tour afterwards appears to be Egyptian related:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

@tekoii Good playing with you! Those were some really rough races. On a side note, one of my other friends kept getting 1st and she was telling me about an advanced technique called soft drifting. I watched some videos on how to do it, but it didn't really click with me at first...I manage to get blue sparks a lot quicker on some turns, but that's really it.

Also, as a side note, is it just me, or are bullet bills kinda sketchy in this game? In Ninja Hideaway, I started using one when I was in 10th place, and by the time it expired, I was still in 10th. What's up with that?

@Grumblevolcano Well here's the thing. Baby Park is already in MK8D...it's in the base game, even.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic