Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,144

Grumblevolcano

People seem to quit online whenever a DLC track from the Booster Course Pass isn't any of the 3 choices.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

@Grumblevolcano im kind of surprised. I didn't anticipate how disappointed I'd be when I don't get new tracks for online races. Mind you, MK8 has three hundred hours on my console.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ophone

Two days ago I finally hit 10k points in online mode.
It took me quite a while.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

WoomyNNYes

@ophone Not bad. My points have sat around 7500 for... as long as I can remember. I can't get a good enough win ratio to keep increasing my points significantly. Are you mainly racing worldwide, regional, or doing battles? (I don't know if battles accumulate the points, since I never do the battles online)

TommyTendo wrote:

I hope they will show off Wave 2 soon

If six waves spread evenly over two years, then that means 3 waves a year = releasing a wave of tracks every four months. Maybe next waves could be summer & holiday season. I guess it remains to be seen if they'll just drop the the new tracks on us with an update, or if they'll do a reveal 1-4 weeks before release. I'm guessing June is the earliest to expect the next wave to be revealed.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

RR529

Definitely hope wave 2 launches before the end of July. If not I probably won't get to it until wave 3 releases since I'll be glued to XC3.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TommyTendo

I prefer to play against people that only have around 1000 points online, because I don't like not winning every time

ophone

@WoomyNNYes
Regional.
Although I'm at slightly over 300 hours playtime (solo stuff included), without counting the times I played on my brother's Switch. He's a much better player, with roughly the same playtime he's just underneath 30k.

One thing is it's getting hard to earn points when you're past 8k until 11k. My bro often gets more points than me in races we play together, even if I win them. He struggled also in that point range.

Edited on by ophone

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Grumblevolcano

The next Mario Kart Tour track is Wii Coconut Mall:

This leaves DS Shroom Ridge as the only MK8 DLC Wave 1 course not yet in Tour.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

That sure is Coconut Mall. Not much more to say really since we just had it in MK8 but hey it's cool that it's officially here now.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

TommyTendo

Coconut Mall felt much better on Wii and 3DS :c
It feels compressed somehow on Switch, and some corners are tricky which shouldn't be.

RR529

They just added "Coconut Mall" to Tour, and the cars at the end of the track move, lol.

There goes the theory that this was disabled in 8D because of Tour.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WoomyNNYes

@RR529 Wierd. I wonder what the logic was for the cars moving, or not moving, on MK8D and Tour. Although, maybe it just came down to preference for whoever runs the mobile arm of Mario Kart vs whoever runs Mario Kart for Switch.

Thinking out loud here, does Tour have 200cc? Maybe moving cars seemed more problematic for faster racing on Switch.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

RR529

@WoomyNNYes, yeah, it doesn't really bother me, but with how a certain group of people jumped on the DLC for being "lazy", this'll certainly add fire to the storm.

I've seen someone suggest that the cars in 8D not moving may be a bug, but that doesn't track for me as they're positioned differently. In 8D they're both angled, facing your direction somewhat, while in all the games they move they're all facing straight to the side (facilitating the right/left movement), so if it was a bug they should still be angled as such in 8D (just without the movement).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes Something tells me that 200cc was the reason why the moving cars were omitted. It likely would have been much more difficult to navigate through that part with them moving back and forth.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

Ahh, I thought I was somehow feeble or crazy with failing to trick off the steps at the Coconut Mall Entrance, and failing to trick off the ledge exiting the mall. However, Bayesic, the youtube creator, also had the same issue. I feel better now.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes I really hope they patch out the jumps in Coconut Mall and Sky Garden. They're both pretty weird

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@StarPoint What issue have you seen with Sky Garden MK8D? I thought times trials were tricky there, but I don't know if I noticed anything buggy.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes I noticed that in Sky Garden that the second mushroom jump can be very inconsistent depending on how fast you’re going. It seems that the farther you jump off the ramp towards it, the harder it is to hit the jump consistently. I’ve learned to work around it a bit more, but I still miss it occasionally.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@StarPoint Yeah, Sky Garden is tricky, whether you're jumping the gap into that turn at 0:07 or using a mushroom to thread the needle through that vine loop at the last turn at 0:17. This is a lap from one of my better time trials where I didn't eff it up like the other 50-80 times I tried.🤣

I probably posted this clip a month or so ago. It's not new, but works for a track reference.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic