Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,144

Grumblevolcano

@WoomyNNYes I once had all 3 tracks in the selection be from the DLC and someone picking random got selected which revealed a 4th DLC track.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ophone

@WoomyNNYes
I don't know in which lobby your example has taken place. I encounter such lags more often in the global lobby than in the regional.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

WoomyNNYes

@ophone On rare occasion, I've seen that online-lobby-lag before too. Yeah, I just thought it was funny how it looked when the suspenseful-looking lag happened before finally revealing the track from the new dlc.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

JBacon28

For some reason, since I downloaded the Booster Course Pass update to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on 17th March a day before the official release, I haven’t been able to get my game working since then. Shortly after the update finished installing, I opened the game and I got a Corrupted Data Found error (code 2002-4517). And since then, every time I try and reinstall the game, it has given me a ‘An error has occurred’ (code 2005-0003) message.

Someone on Twitter suggested deleting the software and reinstalling it, so I did that, but that didn’t solve the problem as every time the software finishes re-installing, I get the corrupted data error again. I don’t know what to do to fix it, so if somebody could help me out here, that would be greatly appreciated.

JBacon28

WoomyNNYes

@JBacon28 Nintendo support is a very good resource. If you search the support page, and can't solve something with their support troubleshooting, then it's very likely you have hardware failure somewhere. You can plug error codes in the search bar too, and it usually can tell you what the code means. The one entry for your error code seems to imply your issue lies with the micro sd card. (which would be better an a problem with the switch) So, I'm crossing my figures that reformatting your card can solve it. If reformatting your card, or using another card, can't solve it, then you may have a failed card reader that needs replacing. (sometimes micro sd cards die. That happened to me for the first time circa 2019; The card could do little jobs, but would freeze/fail for larger video files.)

Anyway, go through this troubleshooting page for your error code. Note, reformatting your card wipes the card, and you'll have to redownload your games. Since you can redownload in sleep mode over night, don't get too stressed if you have to do that. (disregard if you know any of this already)

Error code 2005-0003
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes I have a hard time with the stairs at the beginning too. The timing is insanely precise. It's not impossible, I've done it before, but yeah half the time I don't do the trick.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

RR529

Some comparison shots of Tour & MK8D. Keep in mind the track variant I was playing in Tour was reversed, so while the shots show the same areas, they're from different directions.

Sky Garden (Tour)
Untitled
Untitled

Sky Garden (MK8D)
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Fizza

@RR529 I'm glad they changed the road pavement. Bright browny orange tiling with bits of grass and foliage through the cracks is much better than literally just a road. No theming, no nothing, it's literally just a road.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

I like watching this guy, discovered him a few weeks ago. I learned a couple things from him that I didn't know, like steering a drift slows you down a bit. So, "neutral drifting" (drifting without steering) is faster; There's a speed advantage to steering as little as possible while drifting. If you've ever raced a record time trial ghost and noticed they were drifting faster than you, and it wasn't because of a boost, it's because they were neutral drifting.

He has previous videos for 150cc, and the original 48 MK8 tracks.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

TommyTendo

I'm surprised they make phone games so low textured these days.
Aren't like the flagship phones way more powerful than a Switch? lol

Grumblevolcano

@TommyTendo Phones are like PCs in the sense that there's a gigantic gap between most powerful supported hardware and the least powerful. For example on the Apple side, Mario Kart Tour runs on any device that runs iOS 10 or later (that's what the App Store says). That means all the way from devices like the 2012 iPhone 5 to the 5th generation iPad Air which launched last week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Next Mario Kart Tour track is a new city track based on what seems to be Amsterdam:

Grumblevolcano

Rambler

@Grumblevolcano
I don't see any British stag dos in that picture!

That could be a lot of fun bouncing around windmills and canals

Rambler

Fizza

Ah Holland, the land of windmills, tulips and a **** ton of BIKES.

Also, I can't believe I'm actually excited for Tour tracks getting revealed since it gives them a chance of appearing in MK8D which is honestly pretty damn cool. If the other Tour-specific tracks are as good as the ones we already have in MK8, I'll be pretty damn excited for the rest of the pass.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic