Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,125

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Seems more likely Nintendo's logic with the pricing of 3D All Stars is something like: 64 is $15, Sunshine is $20, Galaxy is $25.

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. The reason why Super Mario 3D All-Stars is $€60 is just because it's the normal price for a retail Switch title. Only Super Smash Bros. and Breath of the Wild are more expensive and only low budget games with less potential than Mario like 1-2-Switch are cheaper. Every single Mario game on Switch costs the same: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Super Mario Party, Super Mario Maker 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario 3D World.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Octane

@StuTwo I think the Cataquacks is just them reusing enemies. Because it was one of the few enemies that wasn't a regional variant of an existing enemy. Like the weird clock bob-ombs, dopey cheep-cheeps, etc.

Beachbowl Galaxy also has Cataquacks.

@link3710 Yeah, but unfortunately we don't know how far any of that made it into development. I don't think there are any traces left of it in the code.

Octane

Banjo-

@link3710 I mean the final game regardless of changes during development.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean I think content would've been added or removed dependent on whether Nintendo considered total value below or above $60 respectively.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano A trilogy isn't unusual, what is suspicious is completely removing Super Mario Galaxy 2 from the 3D stars plane when Super Mario All-Stars includes 4 games and one of them is the difficult version of SMB, also knows as SMB2 in Japan. This deliberate omission is because of Nintendo's greediness, that is probably preparing to sell all the included games and the missing sequel separately while boosting sales with this faked limited availability. It's all part of an evil marketing scheme 🤑.

Banjo-

porto

BlueOcean wrote:

It's all part of an evil marketing scheme 🤑.

Nintendo is a nutshell

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Banjo-

Apportal wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

It's all part of an evil marketing scheme 🤑.

Nintendo in a nutshell

Nintendo is cute but evil like the The Walt Disney Company (no joke).

Banjo-

Lindhardt

@BlueOcean Why would you call Nintendo evil? Their goal is to put smiles on everyone's faces, except for the faces of people who make fangames, and people who make emulators and rom sites to preserve gaming history, and the people who work in factories! (/sarcasm just in case)

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

Banjo-

@Lindhardt Thank heaven, for a second I thought you were a new Anti-matter or something, ha ha 🤣. Seriously, if only Nintendo cared for their fans and their workers as much as for their current accounts and copyrights.

Banjo-

porto

@BlueOcean I love their games, but Nintendo as a company I could live without. They just don’t like to have fun, for the exception of Sakurai. He’s the best.

porto

Banjo-

@Apportal I agree! Sakurai seems friendly, easy-going and more open-minded.

Banjo-

Toy_Link

Great video on the programing behind Mario Galaxy's gravitational system, especially interesting that they changed Mario's design just to fit the new hitbox:

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

porto

I made it to the lucky 101 on Galaxy. I'm hoping to get to 120 tomorrow, take a break, and then do it again with Luigi sometime in the future. I love this game

porto

MarioVillager92

@Apportal Similar situation to you, I got 104 stars before facing the last Bowser fight for the first time. Basically I got every star before I trigger the purple comets.

Kind of an odd design choice, honestly. 64 and Sunshine let you get every star and only face the final boss fight once (in Sunshine's case, beating Bowser gets you a Shine Sprite); here, you gotta beat Bowser, get the rest of the stars, then beat Bowser again for Luigi.

But I definitely agree with you, it's still an excellent game. Galaxy 1 and 2 are my favorite 3D Mario games overall.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

porto

@MarioLover92 Well, I had already beaten Bowser. I always used to wait as long as I possibly could to fight him, but I wanted to try something new this round. I almost always took the OCD route while doing my playthrough and get as much done as I could on one galaxy and then move on to the next. This time I took a more laid back approach and played the Galaxies in whatever order I wanted. I think it was more fun that way

porto

StuTwo

@link3710 That's all interesting. You can definitely see the seams in some Sunshine levels (like Pianta Park). I really wish I could play the Sunshine from an alternate universe where the team had an extra 12-18 months to make a great game.

@Octane Maybe - the truth is we'll never know what ideas were floating around in their heads or on their computers half finished/barely started, nor whether they were reused. Unless Nintendo themselves actually tell us.

If nothing else I think it's worth noting that Nintendo clearly did have more ideas for levels involving FLUDD than they were able to finish for Sunshine. The Galaxy levels might not be those levels (those levels might have been no more than the seed of an idea or a quick sketch on paper) but Bee Mario gives you most of the same functionality as FLUDD in hover mode whilst controlling more intuitively (that it looks cuter is just a bonus).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

John_Deacon

SM 64 - LEVEL 15 - RAINBOW RIDE

100 coins

As this is a "floorless" stage with 4 routes to choose, it can be tricky to decide where to go first to collect 100 coins to get the 7th star in this level, so maybe the order which you have to follow to get 100 coins might help someone. There's not only one possible order, but it worked for me:

• first go to the swing part. Don't forget to get the 6 coins that are on the brown double sided slide before you get to the triangles area
  • second, go to the maze where you get the red coins
  • third, go to the ship. Be careful when going back because the wind can throw you down before you get to the wooden board. When you finish walking the board and get to the "mosaic" floored platform, look down to your right and you'll see the carpet.
  • Just fall on the carpet and go on to the "big house". If you collected practically everything you could in the 3 areas before this one, you'll probably get your 100th coin inside the house on the table

I hope that helps

Edited on by John_Deacon

John_Deacon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic