Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 3,125

1UP_MARIO

@Octane it only has 106 coins in that whole level and you only get to see the coins if you go near them and they pop out. There is around 4 or 5 coins next to the black square hole where it sucks you in

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Banjo-

@1UP_MARIO Yes, that's the thing, you have to check the bottom well because coins are not visible until you're close.

Banjo-

porto

@1UP_MARIO I never knew about the warp pipe on the mushroom. That'll make things a lot easier when collecting stars!

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean I know. It’s like magic 😉
@Apportal warp places definitely help.

Banjo-

@Apportal There are more warp points in this game, @1UP_MARIO my favourite is in Cool Cool Mountain at the end of a bridge that takes you back to the top of the mountain. The cool thing is that some opponents know when you cheat in this game like the penguin in this world.

Banjo-

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean yeah you have to use that one. Cool cool mountain has a few. After getting 120 stars and going back to that penguin, he’s a bigger penguin. When’s your copy coming.

Bolt_Strike

I remember I had the Nintendo Power Guidebook for Sunshine and they said that you couldn't get the 100 Coin Shine in Sirena Beach Episode 1. Well guess what?

https://i.imgur.com/UcaVBCc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qG8gQR5.jpg

Wrong guys, just wrong, you clearly didn't look hard enough. That guide was so terrible.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Banjo-

@1UP_MARIO Yeah, he's a lot fatter which makes the race more difficult (nice tweak). The dialogue in this game is funnier than in other Mario games. The penguin talks about the extra weight and the rabbit and monkey are funny characters. The rabbit talks like he was the rabbit from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the monkey is naughty but cute.

Hopefully, I get my copy tomorrow. We'll see.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

MarioVillager92

@Bolt_Strike I tried clicking those links and neither of them work.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

@Bolt_Strike Link did not work.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Octane

@1UP_MARIO @BlueOcean lol. I remember, I am stupid. I was thinking of Jolly Roger Bay. I did that one. I haven't even done Dire Dire Docks yet.

Octane

Banjo-

@Octane No wonder you got them quickly 😉, Jolly Roger Bay is a friendly course. Dire Dire Docks is not a big world, you just have to check every part for collecting 100 coins. Probably, the most difficult course where to get the seventh star is Rainbow Ride.

Banjo-

Bolt_Strike

@MarioLover92 @Snatcher I logged out and checked them and they're working for me. IDK what your problem is.

@Octane Well the obvious ones are in the palm trees, under the huts, and in one of the crates near the start of the level (I forget the exact count, maybe about 47?). Beyond that though, the key is to just spray everywhere. There's a LOT of hidden coins all over the beach in that episode which give you juuussst enough to get 100. It's really tedious and you'd have to be an utter masochist to do it this way, but it can be done.

EDIT: Also OMG, I forgot just how much FLUDD utterly breaks Ricco Harbor. You can get up to the upper levels of the town with a Triple Jump + Hover Combo, and you can get the Shine in the cage simply by riding the nearby crane and hovering. There's some bad level design at play here, but that's one thing I like about Sunshine, once you've really mastered FLUDD there are so many shortcuts and sequence breaks you can do. In that respect at least, it's kind of like the Super Metroid of Mario games.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

MarioVillager92

@Bolt_Strike When I click on it, it says "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later." I tried opening both in a new tab and all I get is a white screen. I honestly don't know what the problem is either.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Blooper987

Is there a Star for getting every coin on the slide?

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

MarioVillager92

@Blooper987 I'm assuming you're talking about the secret slide in Peach's castle. No there isn't.

Blooper987

@MarioLover92 thank goodness. I have 8 stars so far. This is gonna take me a looooong time😅

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Bolt_Strike

@Blooper987 You only need 100 coins from the painting levels that have episodes. The Secret Star mini levels don't have 100 coin stars.

Bolt_Strike

1UP_MARIO

@Blooper987 you get another star if you finish it under 21 seconds or less

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic