Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 3,125

porto

@link3710 Good points. (This also may have more posts simply because of me) I’ve never really been interested in the Nintendo Switch Thread. If I want to discuss a game I go to the game specifically for that thread.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Losermagnet

Beaucine wrote:

I used it quite a lot just now during the Big Penguin Race!

Haha, that got a laugh outta me. Thanks for that. Incidentally, the movie didn't have anything to do with female sex workers. I promise.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

1UP_MARIO

Melty monster galaxy theme

This theme is a preparation for war.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Banjo-

It's going to be weird if Nintendo releases Super Mario Galaxy 2 separately after March and we get a separate icon for the sequel to Super Mario Galaxy.

Banjo-

porto

I’m finally getting the hang of 64. I got a rhythm, and now it’s pretty fun. My favorite area so far is Lethal Lava Land. The best way I can describe it is one of the hardest, yet easiest courses.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Losermagnet

Yeah I wonder what Ninty is gonna do with Galaxy 2 (if anything). I don't think it'll be dlc and i don't see them selling it seperately for $20 - $30. Digital download only is a possibility I s'pose.

NintendoByNature

I might just grab galaxy 2 on wii u when I finish 1 on the collection

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed. 😉

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO nice 👌. Ill be getting eshop credits this weekend for my bday im sure so I'll be sure to save some on the side for it 😉

NintendoByNature

Banjo-

@NintendoByNature I recently beat it 100% and I don't feel like doing it again. In Super Mario Galaxy after the first 100%, you can do the same with Luigi (I did) and then get a final star. In Super Mario Galaxy 2, after the first 100% you can get green stars (I did) but most of them are like scattered Odyssey moons that force you into using a guide. You probably know this, though. Thing is, I've done all this twice, once on Wii and once on Wii U.

I still haven't received my copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars and I'll play all three games 100% in chronological order but I'm most excited about Super Mario Sunshine because it's HD, widescreen, the HUD is smaller (it is huge in the original version) and I have only completed it 100% once (on GameCube) in spite of being my favourite 3D Mario game.

@Apportal I love how you and @Losermagnet are appreciating Super Mario 64 and you @Apportal Super Mario Sunshine as well (he's not jumping between games). Super Mario 64 is old but fun!

@Losermagnet Imagine if they release Super Mario 3D All-Stars 2 with Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Just dreaming but it would include the other half of the stars (Odyssey is a current-gen game).

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

NintendoByNature

@BlueOcean nice I really didn't know that but thanks for sharing. I'm playing in order myself. About 15 shines into sunshine at this point and its seriously an awesome game. It looks amazing too. Today at Walmart I saw they had at least 8 to 10 copies of the collection stocked. So at least they're shipping copies out for people to grab

NintendoByNature

Banjo-

@NintendoByNature I'm waiting because I used an Amazon voucher which was about to expire. Anyway, you'll like Super Mario Galaxy 2, I liked both Galaxy games (I liked 2 a bit more) although I hate motion controls in platformers as everybody knows 😂. I'm curious about how SMG plays on a Switch Lite, you touch the screen for star bits, it doesn't sound great.

Banjo-

Losermagnet

@BlueOcean No joke before this collection was officially announced I'd made up my mind to buy an N64 just so I could finally play Super Mario 64 to completion (along with Banjo Kazooie, Twooie, Conker, and a handful of others). I have Super Mario 64 on the Wii U, and I had it on the DS, but it never felt right. While 3D All Stars has its faults, it's the most fun I've had with 64 in ages.

Bolt_Strike

@jump @Octane Octane is correct, you can do Pianta Village before Bianco Hills, although you'll need Yoshi for Episode 5 so that's as far as you can go if you're doing that first. As for how you get up there, here's how:

1. Go to the pools behind the Shine Gate (where Corona Mountain is, if you've played it before).
2. Somersault into the Shine Gate, Wall Jump, then hover up to the platform where the Giant Shine is.
3. On either side of the Giant Shine, Triple Jump out towards the pools and then hover and turn around back towards the Shine Gate (try to go as far to the left/right of the Shine Gate as possible as the top is lower towards the edges than the middle). If you did this just right, you should have enough height to grab onto the ledge at the top of the Shine Gate where the pipe is.

You can also use Triple Jump + Hover to get into the Red Coin Field level as well, and for several other massive shortcuts in certain episodes.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature I’d say just get a used physical copy although I have them both physical and digital only because I love them games and also they were both 50% off when launched on eshop

Banjo-

@Losermagnet The last time I beat Super Mario 64 100% was this year on Wii U but I can't wait to play the Switch version with the subtle improvements. It looks crisper, smoother and input lag seems to be reduced. You should get an Xbox for Rare Replay, my friend 😄. I still have a N64 but the Xbox versions are so much better.

Banjo-

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean have tried Galaxy handheld and wasn’t really a fan. It works well. I did enjoy playing it docked with a pro controller and was amazed how well the pointer cursor worked with it.
My son has been playing it handheld from day 1 and hasn’t had any problems collecting star it’s. He’s enjoying it alot and seems like it’s now his favourite mario game for the next week until he changes his mind again

Banjo-

@1UP_MARIO Ha ha. How old is he? I'll let you know how I deal with it on the Lite.

Banjo-

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO yea depending on if I find a used copy with manual and box ill grab it physical. If not I might just go digital

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic