Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 3,125

Octane

@Eel Yeah, you can skip one star that way.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

Early in the game, on island delfino, a poison goop piranha plant appears on a dock. How do I defeat them? Do I have to trow a fruit in it's mouth or something? I forget how to defeat them. Spraying it doesn't seem to make progress.

Eel wrote:

Did you know that in Sunshine, on the first level of Bianco Hills, you can completely ignore the objective and go directly to Petey Piranha.

I think that skips two levels.

@Eel There was an objective? haha I couldn't figure out what they wanted, so I wandered around, got 10 blue coins, and went to petey piranha.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@WoomyNNYes did you not notice the giant goopy piranha monster? You need walk around it to get to Petey if you plan to do the skip.

The starting cinematic of every level focuses on the objective.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Apparently, as I said, I missed the whole secret area, which supposedly has 15 in it, @Losermagnet .... Saw a few others I couldn't figure out how to reach, so that's the other 5
I doubt I'll get 100% in any of these games but I'll see how many I can get, without looking up guides until afterwards

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Losermagnet

@BruceCM Gotcha, I'll refrain from spoiling anything then. Well done!

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

MarioVillager92

@Apportal I kinda lost track, lol. I pretty much knew the game inside out, so that's why it took me a couple days to get every star.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

Ta, @Losermagnet .... I'm not going to bother going back to M64 to find the rest or anything, so spoil that one all you like
So far, Sunshine is pretty good at directing me & I've stumbled through a couple of what might be secret areas

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

I don't understand why sites like howlongtobeat.com say that Galaxy is just as long as Sunshine. I've nearly finished Galaxy already. Well the first 60 stars anyway. Sunshine is so much longer.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

UrielLink

Not sure why but Amazon refunded me 10 bucks for this game? Anyone else get 10 bucks back?

UrielLink

Switch Friend Code: SW-6649-9903-1196 | My Nintendo: Uriel Link

renaryuugufan92

UrielLink wrote:

Not sure why but Amazon refunded me 10 bucks for this game? Anyone else get 10 bucks back?

I also got refunded 10 dollars from Amazon

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

jump

I’m getting ready annoyed with the camera in Sunshine, the FLUDDless levels and close quarters sections really don’t gel. In don’t why they just didn’t have a fixed camera in those parts or designed the areas to accommodate it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

toiletduck

I sort of accidentally noticed that shop4nl has physical copies available for the Netherlands. I caved and ordered one at 72 euros incl. shipping. I was going to buy it digitally anyway, but this way I have something nice for the shelf and to lend to a friend if the occasion presents itself. Looking forward to playing!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

RR529

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

UrielLink wrote:

I also got refunded 10 dollars from Amazon

Same here. It's probably just because the price dropped at some point before it shipped, and they have a price matching thing for pre-orders.

Anyhow, Today in 64 I finished off the last 2 missions in Cool, Cool Mountain (getting the snowman's body, and the wall kick tutorial challenge), went back to Bob-Omb Battlefield to do it's Wing Cap mission & get it's 100 coin Star, and then did the first two missions in Jolly Roger Bay (the treasure in the sunken ship, and getting the Star the eel has).

A bit of trial & error for some of them (such as the wall kick thing), but nothing too bad for the most part other than that darned eel (I died so much there, and there were many times I swear I touched the Star, but it registered it as an eel touch).

It's definitely aged, but there's just something about it that makes me want to come back for more though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

porto

Anyone else having a hard time trying to talk to NPCs? Friggin' impossible unless standing at the exact spot which Is usually not what you'd expect. It's awful in Sunshine and 64, but Galaxy seems to work OK. Still tough at times tho.

I don't want to use a walkthrough for Sunshine, but it's extremely tempting. Especially doing the 3rd level of Sirena Beach, which I never beat when I played it years ago. I got it now, but only by sheer luck and accidentally jumping at the right place.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

I got $10 back from Amazon too, I just checked.

Enjoying my time with SMS. Been a while since I played it so it feels good to go back to it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

I sure hope they give some sort of refund here too. Judging from the Mexican side of Twitter, I wasn't the only one they disappointed with this preorder.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 I'm playing them all at the same time, yes I have a lot of free time.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

porto

@Northwind I tried that in real life too. I got the “angery” part down, talking to them afterwards was the tricky part.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Snatcher

So I just got to the stingray boss sight and beat it on my first try I heard it was a hard boss fight but I thought it was easy I can see why players would think its hard, but what you guys think is it just me?and no spoilers I haven't beat the game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic