Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 3,125

porto

Switching off and on between the games seems like the best way to go. If I stay too long on one game I get extremely bored. Sunshine’s a real treat here tho.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Octane

Found all 30 blue coins in Bianco Hills. They're pretty straightforward. There's a few that are difficult to find, but if you know Yoshi can eat blue butterflies, and can eat bees, you should be able to find them all. Spraying suspicious locations also helps. I can think of two that are hidden on top of rock pillars. But that's all really. The rest are in plain sight or are hidden behind and M or symbol, or by defeating an enemy.

@Grumblevolcano Well ya, but that's Mario Kart. It isn't an adventure type game, so it doesn't really matter.

Octane

Clyde_Radcliffe

@Zeldafan79 I will never forgive everyone for complaining about the voice acting in Mario Sunshine so we just have to read text boxes and have very few animated scenes in the games after. You can definitely see some Sonic Adventure influence in Sunshine I think. In the shadow Mario too.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Apportal wrote:

Switching off and on between the games seems like the best way to go. If I stay too long on one game I get extremely bored. Sunshine’s a real treat here tho.

I'm trying to compete them in order, so working through Mario 64 first. I think the widely different controls and gameplay would throw me off too much to do what you're doing! I play a different game outside the collection if I get bored then return back to it!

Clyde_Radcliffe

BabyYoda71

Started playing Sunshine. It’s harder, and I like that. Might break into Galaxy today.

I must ask... remember Nintendo Dream saying an exciting announcement would be in their September issue? Was that 3D All-Stars? Have they published this month’s issue?

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Mountain_Man

Apportal wrote:

Isle Delfino is the best hub world in any game and no one can change my mind

I'm inclined to agree, because it doesn't feel like a hub world. It is so naturally integrated into the game that it never really dawned on me that it actually was a hub world until you mentioned it.

The Mountain Man

Justifier

I got my physical copy today. Haven't played any of these, so I'm quite excited.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

porto

@Clyde_Radcliffe yeah I tried that style, but it ended up getting repetitive in some senses. I like doing a bit of Sunshine, then going to collect a few stars in 64, then head out to find new worlds in Galaxy.

I can never get too comfortable with one, so I’m always on guard and don’t have to risk dying unfairly every other minute. Especially during 64. Freaking cannons...

porto

porto

@BabyYoshi12 how do you like Sunshine? It too a whole o get used to on my end, but it’s lowly becoming one of my favorite games of all time. And don’t listen to anybody, the voice acting is incredible.

Edited on by porto

porto

Clyde_Radcliffe

Octane wrote:

Sunshine has the most coherent world of all 3D Mario games. It pretty much felt like an open world back then, especially with how you can see the other levels in the distance. Seeing Pinna Park during the sunset in Sirena Beach still looks awesome today.

I think you can see the origins of modern open world games in Mario 64 too... how you don't have to get the star you select on the level intro screen and can instead just explore and do your own thing and go on "side missions" to find other stars. Mario 64 just influenced every kind of 3D console gaming, it's crazy really.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Octane

@Clyde_Radcliffe Yeah, for an early 3D game it has aged surprisingly well. They basically nailed it the first time.

Octane

Eel

Did you know that in Sunshine, on the first level of Bianco Hills, you can completely ignore the objective and go directly to Petey Piranha.

I think that skips two levels.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

porto

Octane wrote:

Yeah, for an early 3D game it has aged surprisingly well.

Just my opinion, but 64 didn’t age well. They did do an outstanding job in the 90s, but it looks godawful today. One of the biggest reasons why I wanted a full remaster of the game.

Edited on by porto

porto

MarioVillager92

I finished Super Mario 64 with every Power Star yesterday - working on Super Mario Sunshine now

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jump

@Eel I did that on both the Gamecube and Switch versions.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sunsy

Just want to give a heads up to those in the US. I was just at my local Target, they have a lot of copies of this game in stock.

Stores may vary from town to town, just thought I'd let some in the US know if they're looking to simply walk in and buy a copy of the game, some places do have a good amount of copies (at least the two stores I've been to anyway). Hope this helps someone.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Losermagnet

@MarioLover92 Nicely done. I hope to finish 64 100% soon myself. Sounds like we're both playing the games in chronological order.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

porto

@MarioLover92 Wow, that's fast. How many hours did you play a day? I've mainly been on Sunshine. I've got 40-something shines at the moment. Plan to beat it give or take a week or so. Don't get around to playing as much as I used to.

porto

BruceCM

I beat SM64 in about 15 hours, for 100 stars .... Seems I missed the secret area with most of the rest in!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Losermagnet

@BruceCM Good work. I take it you're missing some secret stars?

I'm really tempted to just beat Bowser and wrap it up so I can move on to Sunshine....but I don't think I'd go back to 64 to complete it if I switched now.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic